What launcher are you using on your Pixel 4/4XL?

What launcher are you using on your Pixel 4/4XL

• Total voters

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just curious what launcher everyone is using as while I like a lot of things about the stock pixel launcher I do think it lacks a few things. Just came over from a Pixel 3 where I'd been running Nova using the old three button setup and while I do like the gestures I still miss some Nova features.

Poll posted above to make it easier to see numbers but if you want to tell us why or go more in depth feel free to post in the thread.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just curious what launcher everyone is using as while I like a lot of things about the stock pixel launcher I do think it lacks a few things. Just came over from a Pixel 3 where I'd been running Nova using the old three button setup and while I do like the gestures I still miss some Nova features.

Poll posted above to make it easier to see numbers but if you want to tell us why or go more in depth feel free to post in the thread.
Good morning I honestly use the stock pixel launcher. I tried using the lawn chair launcher once or twice just for a customization of icon packs etc, but the stock pixel launcher just feels right and it feels guilty for me to use any other launcher but the stock picks a launcher lol

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Same here I've tried Nova, lawnchair and a few others. Infact I have the Nova premium version which I purchased a few years and although I love how I can customize icons etc it's just not as fluid as the stock pixel launcher. I literally had it customized just like my pixel stock launcher with gestures and all but the features don't work as well and frustrating. If it wasn't for the meh gestures is probably use it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Same here I've tried Nova, lawnchair and a few others. Infact I have the Nova premium version which I purchased a few years and although I love how I can customize icons etc it's just not as fluid as the stock pixel launcher. I literally had it customized just like my pixel stock launcher with gestures and all but the features don't work as well and frustrating. If it wasn't for the meh gestures is probably use it.
Yeah you're right for sure. in fact, I'll say, that with Nova launcher specifically, I used to use it on my Galaxy s8 all the time before my Pixel phone, and one thing that I really didn't like about Nova launcher was the fact that the weather widget was always inaccurate and never updated correctly and froze. And yeah I also had no reprime as well! Everyone at XDA developers and here on Android Central and other Android blogs always boasts and is glorified by the stock pixel launcher and goes out of the way to sideload the pixel launcher APK file onto their non-pixel phones. So that's also another good reason why I'm leaving it stock. Lol.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I stopped using launchers when I bought the Pixel 2XL. I own Nova but just don't feel the need for all the extra customization.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I think for me the two key features the pixel launcher is lacking are icon pack support and hiding of apps in the app drawer. If it had those I'd have no complaints. Double tap to lock would be nice to but that's icing on the cake. I've also gotten to the point where my most used stuff gets put into folders on my home screen so maybe I'm just nitpicking.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather have the accuracy of the weather widget and calendar widget over the customization of other launchers.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just wish I could move it a little.
I hear you. I mean for example, do I wish that there was slight customization to the stock pixel launcher? Sure! But like I said, lawn chair launcher is very accurate for the weather and for the calendar, I just feel bad using your versus the stock pixel launcher at the end of the day. I hear what you're saying though...

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here Pixel launcher, works great for all my needs. Only thing I miss is locking the home screen to prevent accidental removing/moving of icons.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just like to smooth this in over a responsiveness in the stock picks a lot. I mean sure, the lawn chair larger is replicating most of the stock pixel launcher feel, but it's just not the pixel launcher. Why would I download another pixel launcher just for the icon pack what I have it already on my phone? Lol That's what I keep on thinking of when I delete launch and launcher from my phone hahaha I just have to forget about the icon packs......

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I have been using Nova Prime for years on all my phones so far. But the day i got my Pixel 4 XL, i never felt the need to install it anymore...so stock works very well for me.