Turning on wifi calling improved my battery life

PamelaBB

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I was getting bad battery drain on my new 4xl and was worried I couldn't keep it. I tried turning on wifi calling as recommend by websites with p4 battery tips. I get half or less of full bars at home so I thought I'd try it out. I saw the difference right away and so far a few days later I'm pleased with my battery life now. If anyone has spotty reception and doesn't have wifi calling activated I would highly recommend turning it on for this phone. I didn't have drain like this with my last few phones which is strange but at least it's fixed.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Yes! Using the Internet through WiFi requires less power than using it through a cellular network.
That would depend on the relative signal strength of each. A poor wifi connection will be less efficient than a full bar reading of cell strength.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I just tried turning on wifi calling the other day after reading this post. So far I really haven't noticed much of a difference in battery life. Although I have weak cell signal at home, I don't think it's weak enough to make the wifi calling kick in.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Poor cellular strength is a HUGE batter drain. I'm not surprised by this. I find that keeping data saver turned on is also great for my battery.

PamelaBB

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
It depends on your carrier and phone settings. Sometimes you are allowed to have wifi calling always used and have the option to turn that on in phone and wifi calling settings however some carriers only allow it if the signal is very low and remove the option in settings to always use wifi for calls such as Verizon wireless. You are able to use wifi calling all the time with airplane mode enabled but you would have to remember to turn airplane mode off when you are done with your call or leave the house because you won't get texts messages.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital