How are the back of the phone and sides holding up?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
For those who use their phones with no case (doesn't have to be all the time), how is the back of the phone and sides holding up against scratches?

I just got my white 4 XL this last Sunday and just love how the phone feels and looks with no case. I've been keeping it no case at home but plan to put a case when outside. The back of the phones feels so good to put it in a case :(

Last edited:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I had mine in a dbrand skin. Felt sooo good in the hand. Just the back panel skinned. But my husband has it now in a folio case. Completely covered.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
For those who use their phones with no case (doesn't have to be all the time), how is the back of the phone and sides holding up against scratches?

I just got my white 4 XL this last Sunday and just love how the phone feels and looks with no case. I've been keeping it no case at home but plan to put a case when outside. The back of the phones feels so good to put it in a case :(
I don't have any scratches at all. I do use a case more often than not, but I'd say I used the phone naked a out 30% or the time which is still relevant to your question. I have to admit I have dropped the phone like 2x before but luckily it was in the case during those two times. R

I agree the phone just feels so nice to hold in the hand and looks so nice "talking about the white model" that it's so tempting to not use a case all the time.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't have any scratches at all. I do use a case more often than not, but I'd say I used the phone naked a out 30% or the time which is still relevant to your question. I have to admit I have dropped the phone like 2x before but luckily it was in the case during those two times. R

I agree the phone just feels so nice to hold in the hand and looks so nice "talking about the white model" that it's so tempting to not use a case all the time.
Thank you. Glad to hear. Ya, I have the white one 2 and when at home, it's naked. Just so nice to cover it with a case all the time. Gotta enjoy what my money bought me lol.

Thanks for the feedback.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Unfortunately I have to use a case because I'm a bit clumsy and drop my phone a lot. And I'm outside a lot for work and so dropping a phone on cement is not an option for me lol

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
If you really like the feel in hand but still want some basic scratch protection, you can always go for a Peel/MNML/Totallee case. Those are so thin they won't alter the feel of a device, unlike most cases.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I don't ever put insurance on my phones ..well the iPhone yes only bc it's on yearly upgrade ..

I would recommend the Rhinoshield bumper ..you get to feel the phone and protect the edges from chipping ...I have mine skinned but only bc it's the black fingerprint magnet Pixel ..

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah no insurance last 5 years
No insurance here as well and the amount of money I would have paid for phone insurance over the last decade itself covers for few new phones easily. And most phone insurance is crap anyway with deductible and other stuff. If something breaks because of me I'll just get it repaired, not paying a penny to these phone insurance plans.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1