Android 11 public beta now available!!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've pretty much decided they'll be annoying - will investigate when all else is set.
Yeah, haha, I know what you're talking about! I have all the chat bubble settings in regular settings and developer settings enabled and I still don't see them. So until they show up they're not intrusively bothering me yet! Like I said so far, Android 11 beta is fast and responsive multitasking through apps rapid fire style.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Been using the preview builds since release and haven't had any issues. I'm liking the new features and Motion sense has been working well, not that I've had issue with it to begin with.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Been using the preview builds since release and haven't had any issues. I'm liking the new features and Motion sense has been working well, not that I've had issue with it to begin with.
Well, hopefully I'm not jumping the gun here, but ever since Android 10 on my Pixel 3 XL, the gesture for double tap to wake my lock screen for my always on ambient display never worked reliably consistently. I have always just hit the power button to highlight my lock screen. So far nothing would, that features been working! Everything is super fast and fluid! I mean I'm rapid fighting three apps and split screening everything!

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, hopefully I'm not jumping the gun here, but ever since Android 10 on my Pixel 3 XL, the gesture for double tap to wake my lock screen for my always on ambient display never worked reliably consistently. I have always just hit the power button to highlight my lock screen. So far nothing would, that features been working! Everything is super fast and fluid! I mean I'm rapid fighting three apps and split screening everything!
I didn't have a 3XL but it's always worked for me on my 2XL and on my current 4.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I installed the Dev preview on my spare 2xl. Upgraded ota to Beta 1. It seems to be running smoothly. I don't have extra apps on the phone at the moment, but will start adding a few.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I installed the Dev preview on my spare 2xl. Upgraded ota to Beta 1. It seems to be running smoothly. I don't have extra apps on the phone at the moment, but will start adding a few.
Yeah it's fast, smooth and so far very clean for the newly styled notification shade. I LOVE the separation of the toggles, and different sections of the notifications now. It's very well organized!
None that I've run into
Correct, none that I've run into either myself so far... Thankfully!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I prefer to leave my new pixel 4 XL on 10 until 11 stable is released later in the year. Test away guys and report these bugs hehehehe

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, holla holla.. first but I've seen is that when you download an image from the internet, then Try to set it as your lock screen wallpaper, that part crashes.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If it was my only phone sure I would be hesitant to put beta, but main reason I get Pixel every year is to try to Android builds. New software always makes me excited