What has happened, seems like the unlocked 4 models were on sale like every other week for 2-300 off. I figured with it getting close to the 5 coming out it would have been on sale more lately. I’m struggling without my Android and I’m on the fence between the XL and OP8 Pro.
    06-28-2020 12:12 PM
    What has happened, seems like the unlocked 4 models were on sale like every other week for 2-300 off. I figured with it getting close to the 5 coming out it would have been on sale more lately. I’m struggling without my Android and I’m on the fence between the XL and OP8 Pro.
    I mean, both phones are very very good. The slight difference of OnePlus phones is that you get much more customization with the operating system. That's why most people love it. Pixels will always get the software updates first then oneplus phones. they're both very very good phones. The only slide down site that one plus phones in general, is that their cameras aren't as good. I mean yes you can sideload the Google camera APK file and call it a day. Other than that, I would go with a pixel, but that's just me.
    06-28-2020 12:16 PM
    I ordered both and tried to cancel OP8 Pro without success. I am going with P4XL
    eric002 likes this.
    06-28-2020 12:32 PM
    I mean Android phones going on sale regularly isn't anything new, all Android phones are always on sale after couple of months to move more units since there are million Android phones to choose from. You can get S20 also always with some discount or other. Now that OnePlus also hit $1000 mark I won't be surprised to see them also have regular promotions once they figure out the stock problem they are currently having and eventually the sales flatten a bit.
    06-28-2020 04:16 PM
    I’m aware of the differences between the OP8 Pro and Pixel. Just saying I’m more apt to spend $599 like I’ve seen Pixel 4XL’s non-stop and now that I’m debating and wanting one it seems like there has been no real unlocked sales in weeks. I realize that since OP sells out quite frequently they are most likely not going to drop their prices.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-28-2020 06:21 PM
    I’m aware of the differences between the OP8 Pro and Pixel. Just saying I’m more apt to spend $599 like I’ve seen Pixel 4XL’s non-stop and now that I’m debating and wanting one it seems like there has been no real unlocked sales in weeks. I realize that since OP sells out quite frequently they are most likely not going to drop their prices.
    Try swappa see what mint goes for.
    eric002 and aximtreo like this.
    06-28-2020 07:24 PM
    Good thought about Mint. Swappa has some but the sellers for new devices have very minimal sales and I don’t necessarily trust buying without a good track record from a few years. The few that do have a good track record are selling them quite high right now.
    06-29-2020 07:49 AM
    I stopped considering swappa for buying now that they charge sales tax. Here at WA with 10% sales tax most of the times it isn't a good deal if I add the sales tax on top of the price I can find at swappa. Of course there will still be good deals to be had even if I take into account sales tax but those are hard to come by. And also now a days I see swappa is filled with the more businesses selling phones than private third party sellers like you and me.
    06-29-2020 08:28 AM
    Good thought about Mint. Swappa has some but the sellers for new devices have very minimal sales and I don’t necessarily trust buying without a good track record from a few years. The few that do have a good track record are selling them quite high right now.
    Yeah stick with ones with good track records , im surprised no sales at the moment.
    06-29-2020 10:28 AM
    I stopped considering swappa for buying now that they charge sales tax. Here at WA with 10% sales tax most of the times it isn't a good deal if I add the sales tax on top of the price I can find at swappa. Of course there will still be good deals to be had even if I take into account sales tax but those are hard to come by. And also now a days I see swappa is filled with the more businesses selling phones than private third party sellers like you and me.
    10% tax ouch, I haven't bought from swappa in awhile.
    06-29-2020 10:30 AM
    10% tax ouch, I
    haven't bought from swappa in awhile.
    I think it’s dependent on the state. But as far as Michigan I don’t think they charge sales tax.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-29-2020 08:11 PM
    I think it’s dependent on the state. But as far as Michigan I don’t think they charge sales tax.
    My home state
    06-29-2020 08:15 PM
    I'm assuming the tax is only from retailers.... correct?
    06-29-2020 08:47 PM
    My home state
    Same here, I’m a west sider.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-29-2020 08:52 PM
    I'm assuming the tax is only from retailers.... correct?
    No if you buy from swappa now you’ll be charged sales tax irrespective of who you buy from. Assuming shipping address is in a state where sales tax applies (which is most states)

https://swappa.com/blog/marketplace-...cUvbUpU6810587
    06-29-2020 08:57 PM
    Same here, I’m a west sider.
    Michiganders lol
    06-29-2020 08:59 PM
    The reason phones are so expensive in the UK is because we have 20% sales tax included. 10% would be a blessing for us.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-29-2020 09:53 PM
    The reason phones are so expensive in the UK is because we have 20% sales tax included. 10% would be a blessing for us.
    Ouch 20%
    06-29-2020 10:00 PM