Using your Pixel 4 & 4 XL with no case (naked)?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
For a long time I've been tempted to use my clearly white pixel 4 XL without a case, but have been afraid to get it physically damaged. However, I can't help to think about how much of the experience I'm losing of how beautiful I think this phone looks and feels in the hand. I've tried clear cases for the look but it's no where near the same look by a long shot in my opinion + you lose the amazing feeling in the hand.

Anyone on here uses their pixel without a case and if so how is it holding up without a case and for how long have you used it without a case?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Using your Pixel 4 & 4 XL with no case (naked)

For a long time I've been tempted to use my clearly white pixel 4 XL without a case, but have been afraid to get it physically damaged. However, I can't help to think about how much of the experience I'm losing of how beautiful I think this phone looks and feels in the hand. I've tried clear cases for the look but it's no where near the same look by a long shot in my opinion + you lose the amazing feeling in the hand.

Anyone on here uses their pixel without a case and if so how is it holding up without a case and for how long have you used it without a case?
Honestly, when I first bought my Pixel 3 XL and clearly white I had a naked no case. That lasted for about 2 to 3 months I actually dropped it gently on the bathroom tile floor gently nicked up the back but nothing major whatsoever. I finally just put a dbrand skin on the back with a rhino shield white bumper case online. However come up for the pics of fours, rhino shield doesn't sell a white bumper case only a black one for The Pixel 4's for some reason. I have a white bumper case with a red power button. There's an additional option for a multicolored power buttons. I'm just too nervous to use a naked caseless phone. Dropping it on to concrete, or onto any hard surface, nicking up the back.it's also great because rhino should bumper cases don't make the phone feel any bulkier!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
re: Using your Pixel 4 & 4 XL with no case (naked)?

One of the problems is that today's phones (most of them) are damned slippery when naked and hard to hold onto. Also, they've become so thin that it is often difficult to get a comfortable grip on them.

I'll stick with a case for the foreseeable future. My Pixel 4XL is in a Spigen Tough Armor case with kickstand (something else that occasionally comes in handy, by the way).

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

One of the problems is that today's phones (most of them) are damned slippery when naked and hard to hold onto. Also, they've become so thin that it is often difficult to get a comfortable grip on them.

I stick with a case for the foreseeable future. My Pixel 4XL is in a Spigen Tough Armor case with kickstand (something else that occasionally comes in handy, by the way).
Yep yep, exactly! I tried to go naked on my Pixel 3 XL but the phone is like a bar of soap in the hands. It slipped out of my hands way too many times on carpet and that made me nervous! I figured the heck with it, it's not worth it to wear naked for an $800 phone!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Yeah valid points and how I feel as well. Was thinking of taking the risk and going naked, bit slapping it on a case depending what I'm doing that day such as going to the beach, poolside etc. Was curious how everyone's durability has been if you have been rocking it naked.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Yeah valid points and how I feel as well. Was thinking of taking the risk and going naked, bit slapping it on a case depending what I'm doing that day such as going to the beach, poolside etc. Was curious how everyone's durability has been if you have been rocking it naked.
Yeah, no, I hear ya. I mean having the bumper case is a nice middle ground: not much heft and bulk whatsoever, and it's still protected. Plus, my dbrand skin adds that extra level of style as well. Haha

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, no, I hear ya. I mean having the bumper case is a nice middle ground: not much heft and bulk whatsoever, and it's still protected. Plus, my dbrand skin adds that extra level of style as well. Haha
That's a good point maybe I'll check out a bumper for the added grip and see how I do.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site

I alternate between a Spigen case and Google fabric case when out & about. And mostly no case when around the house ever since putting on an orange dBrand skin. That really helped the phone not feel so slippery, and will protect the glass back a little. I haven't had mine long enough to say how it will hold up in the long run with no case.
4462ce5eb1ed61a9bf7f6967a2b13f77.jpg

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

I alternate between a Spigen case and Google fabric case when out & about. And mostly no case when around the house ever since putting on an orange dBrand skin. That really helped the phone not feel so slippery, and will protect the glass back a little. I haven't had mine long enough to say how it will hold up in the long run with no case.
4462ce5eb1ed61a9bf7f6967a2b13f77.jpg
What Spigen case is that looks super thin.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site

The one in the picture is a Google fabric case. I also use a Spigen Liquid Air Armor case, which is very thin & soft TPU

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

The one in the picture is a Google fabric case. I also use a Spigen Liquid Air Armor case, which is very thin & soft TPU
Thanks. Yeah i have the same fabric case as you even the color. I'm going to check out that Spigen liquid case.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Protection is important, and I need a case for grip. I'd constantly be dropping it otherwise.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site

When I get a phone, a case goes on it and stays on it until I sell the phone. I always practice safe phoning. As kmf1 said "Protection is important, and I need a case for grip."

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

When I get a phone, a case goes on it and stays on it until I sell the phone. I always practice safe phoning. As kmf1 said "Protection is important, and I need a case for grip."
Me too pretty much....just in case

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I mean, I'll even admit that when I first saw my Pixel 3XL, I still have the barely there naked case which is silicone rubber. The problem is looks great on the phone, but if you drop the phone on any slightly hard surface it's going to scratch. Making it pretty much worthless. And I paid 20 bucks for it. Hahaha. Looking back at that purchase now, I might not have bought that case when I did. Just

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site

The average person cannot install a case in the time the phone leaves your hand until it hits something hard, but I'm sure some have tried.

Have used a Speck Presidio Grip case on my last few phones - very satified.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Haha yeah. I typically always sell my phone for a decent buck which helps me justify my upgrade every year. So keeping it scratch free helps in value.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon