Using your Pixel 4 & 4 XL with no case (naked)?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
re: Using your Pixel 4 & 4 XL with no case (naked)?

Rhinoshield...do it ! I've not looked back or used my other cases ...
Yeah, at first before my pixel 3 XL, I never bought a rhino shield bumper case in the past. All of my previous phones Nexus phones just had him regular cases on them. My old Galaxy s8 was naked and I dropped it three times on concrete and cracked the screen up a bit. However, like I said, the bumper case from rhino shield doesn't add much bulk, it's protective as hell, and it looks good especially in white. Unfortunately, running shield doesn't make the white color for the Pixel 4/4 XL which is really unfortunate. The white just stands out much better! Especially on a white phone...

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I don’t have the extra cash to burn in case I have an accident, and I like to get full value back from my phones when I sell them. I really don’t want to lose a bunch due to it looking more worn by picking up nicks from going without a case. Phones are not an investment but keeping it nice is also more to help myself as well, I hate my stuff not looking new. But man they feel and look so nice without a case.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Yeah valid points and how I feel as well. Was thinking of taking the risk and going naked, bit slapping it on a case depending what I'm doing that day such as going to the beach, poolside etc. Was curious how everyone's durability has been if you have been rocking it naked.

I envy people that have the guts to use their phone naked lol. I'm too clumsy so I always have to have a case on my phone. :(

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, at first before my pixel 3 XL, I never bought a rhino shield bumper case in the past. All of my previous phones Nexus phones just had him regular cases on them. My old Galaxy s8 was naked and I dropped it three times on concrete and cracked the screen up a bit. However, like I said, the bumper case from rhino shield doesn't add much bulk, it's protective as hell, and it looks good especially in white. Unfortunately, running shield doesn't make the white color for the Pixel 4/4 XL which is really unfortunate. The white just stands out much better! Especially on a white phone...
I actually don't mind the black color. Infact I prefer the black bumper to match the existing black lip/frame around the clearly white pixel 4 XL. Going to pull the trigger and give it a shot.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I actually don't mind the black color. Infact I prefer the black bumper to match the existing black lip/frame around the clearly white pixel 4 XL. Going to pull the trigger and give it a shot.
Yeah, dude, good point! The black frame of the Pixel 4s with the black bumper case rhino shield would look good.
I envy people that have the guts to use their phone naked lol. I'm too clumsy so I always have to have a case on my phone. :(
Yeah, at this point, I also interviewed people that have the guts to go around with the naked faceless phone. Hahaha. especially with the high price tags of today's flagship smartphones. It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site

I like white or other color for my black phone to change it up ..my old iPhones had options to change colors ...actually happy they don’t have more saves me some cash lmao

Awesome ...I like the black as well and I think looks great with the white ...plus it goes with skins so you can always switch it up ...

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

I like white or other color for my black phone to change it up ..my old iPhones had options to change colors ...actually happy they don’t have more saves me some cash lmao

Awesome ...I like the black as well and I think looks great with the white ...plus it goes with skins so you can always switch it up ...
Excellent! Point.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Re: Using your Pixel 4 & 4 XL with no case (naked)

Here's my current set up ...
4960bf0d41924b987e3efbed55fd4796.jpg

213bf19de8d44c0bb9be4ff30eeccdde.jpg
e8dee515f510817792f6ad9f4a2f3348.jpg

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Thanks .. and I have a grip since the black Pixel is slippery compared to white
The white is still very slippery actually at least for me bc of how smooth/soft the back feels. Having the phone so thin too makes it hard to grip even with the default black lip. So having a but thicker bumper will be what gives the extra grip.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site

The white is still very slippery actually at least for me bc of how smooth/soft the back feels. Having the phone so thin too makes it hard to grip even with the default black lip. So having a but thicker bumper will be what gives the extra grip.

d62255e755d09ba9cb5d7aa95290ccbc.jpg

Too thin and you can’t position properly ...I use the bumper edges to secure better grip ...
0ad2ee745d936a3e51652fd1e796f409.jpg

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

d62255e755d09ba9cb5d7aa95290ccbc.jpg

Too thin and you can’t position properly ...I use the bumper edges to secure better grip ...
0ad2ee745d936a3e51652fd1e796f409.jpg
Yeah that's how I use it with a case. It automatically provides tons of grip bc of the thicker edges of the case. Thanks for sharing the pics.

How long have you been using that setup the bumper + skin? Any damage so far?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site

You guys are making me want that bumper....again. I told myself 4 cases was enough, and am now re-thinking that idea.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

You guys are making me want that bumper....again. I told myself 4 cases was enough, and am now re-thinking that idea.
Honestly, it's a great great bumper case. If I had a way of taking a picture of my phone right now, lol, I would but I have a white Pixel 3 XL with the white bumper case on it with a red dbrand skin with blue Google logo accent. Yeah it's it sounds like my phone is very colorful, it is! Haha but it looks great and it's protected Can't ask for much more.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, it's a great great bumper case. If I had a way of taking a picture of my phone right now, lol, I would but I have a white Pixel 3 XL with the white bumper case on it with a red dbrand skin with blue Google logo accent. Yeah it's it sounds like my phone is very colorful, it is! Haha but it looks great and it's protected Can't ask for much more.
Borrow a friend's phone to snap a pic whenever you are near one and reply back when you can. Sounds like a cool mix.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Borrow a friend's phone to snap a pic whenever you are near one and reply back when you can. Sounds like a cool mix.
Well, tell you what, I'll try to take a picture with my mom's phone later and upload a little later.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site

Yeah that's how I use it with a case. It automatically provides tons of grip bc of the thicker edges of the case. Thanks for sharing the pics.

How long have you been using that setup the bumper + skin? Any damage so far?

I got the bumper early May ...no drops get but from my experience with prior ones always seems to hit the corners ..kinda like the weight makes it shift on drops haha

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site

Yep, I do like it. Just don't really "need" another case. bk has already got me hooked on skins, I have used 2 different skins already within a few months just to change up the color of my Pixel. Now he keeps posting cool pics of that bumper case. Shame on him. . LOL. (just kidding of course)