Using your Pixel 4 & 4 XL with no case (naked)?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at them earlier. So many nice ones don't know which to pick. Might grab 2/3. Too bad you can swap them on demand without ruining them. Wish someone would make some sort of magnetic version "if possible" that would stick to the back of the pixel 4 XL and stick. Then allow for it to be easily swapped without ruining or throwing out the skin you remove. Would be cool to swap on demand.
Haha I hear you though! I mean from mine, I told you I got BMW M colors, but if I had to change it up in the near future for myself, I might choose the enjoyable everything teared out looking skin because that looks pretty cool for looking at the insides of your phone everyday. Other than that, yeah tons of color combination choices to pick from them ... That's the beauty of it!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I was looking at them earlier. So many nice ones don't know which to pick. Might grab 2/3. Too bad you can swap them on demand without ruining them. Wish someone would make some sort of magnetic version "if possible" that would stick to the back of the pixel 4 XL and stick. Then allow for it to be easily swapped without ruining or throwing out the skin you remove. Would be cool to swap on demand.
I was able to remove my first dBrand skin with a hair dryer and it's not wrinkled or stretched. I think I could probably reuse it and be OK. Not 100% sure but it looks reusable.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Haha I hear you though! I mean from mine, I told you I got BMW M colors, but if I had to change it up in the near future for myself, I might choose the enjoyable everything teared out looking skin because that looks pretty cool for looking at the insides of your phone everyday. Other than that, yeah tons of color combination choices to pick from them ... That's the beauty of it!
Yeah definitely takes the look of the phone to another level.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I was able to remove my first dBrand skin with a hair dryer and it's not wrinkled or stretched. I think I could probably reuse it and be OK. Not 100% sure but it looks reusable.
Interesting ... Wonder if you'd still be able to glue it back with a blow dryer.

bgesullo

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been using my Pixel 4XL since launch without a case. I do have a Zagg Glass protector on the screen but the rest has been naked since day 1. No issues for me. Device is a bit slippery but I take caution when using it outside or on hard surfaces.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been using my Pixel 4XL since launch without a case. I do have a Zagg Glass protector on the screen but the rest has been naked since day 1. No issues for me. Device is a bit slippery but I take caution when using it outside or on hard surfaces.
Ha nice!! Yeah I've always had a glass screen protector as well and while at home I'll take it off the case every now and then bc man it's a shame not to be able to hold this phone and display it's beauty.

Right now I'm testing out the Rhinoshield bumper and liking it much better than a full case. I haven't purchased any skins for the back yet bc I love the look and soft feel, but I might try a carbon fiber look white skin to see what it looks like.

At the same time I feel like with this bumper + a skin is almost like having a case bc I'm hiding the original look but adding a different look for my choice which is still better than being at the mercy of case manufacturers, but at the same time I'm so tempting to use it without the bumper too like you and just keep the glass protector.

For now I'll continue to use the bumper and might give a skin a try sometime in the near future.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ha nice!! Yeah I've always had a glass screen protector as well and while at home I'll take it off the case every now and then bc man it's a shame not to be able to hold this phone and display it's beauty.

Right now I'm testing out the Rhinoshield bumper and liking it much better than a full case. I haven't purchased any skins for the back yet bc I love the look and soft feel, but I might try a carbon fiber look white skin to see what it looks like.

At the same time I feel like with this bumper + a skin is almost like having a case bc I'm hiding the original look but adding a different look for my choice which is still better than being at the mercy of case manufacturers, but at the same time I'm so tempting to use it without the bumper too like you and just keep the glass protector.

For now I'll continue to use the bumper and might give a skin a try sometime in the near future.
It's crazy because the rhino shield bumper case isn't as bulky as a regular case and still has that much need of protection!

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
If you're gonna not rock a case, then at least get one of those Totallee/MNML/Peel cases. They're ultra slim, you barely feel them.
They won't really do much with drop protection, but they'll prevent the usual scratch from sliding the phone across a surface, etc

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I never use a case on any phone, I want to enjoy the design and on bigger phones a case often pushes the bulk over the line for me. The last phone I used with a case was the iPhone 6 plus, currently typing this on my naked 4XL. I think unlike many current phones the pixel 4 feels like it should be used caseless.

I have got so used to it that I am subconsciously more careful. Yes I have had a few battle scars but it's worth it for me.

Fully realise I am odd and very much in the minority!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
If you're gonna not rock a case, then at least get one of those Totallee/MNML/Peel cases. They're ultra slim, you barely feel them.
They won't really do much with drop protection, but they'll prevent the usual scratch from sliding the phone across a surface, etc
I had the totallee clear case and it's the same experience as any other case still looks like there is a case one just much slimmer. My issue is not the slimness of cases I'm okay with that it's more about the actual look. A clear case still makes the color of the phone look different and like all clear cases it turned yellow over time. Usually 2-3 months.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I never use a case on any phone, I want to enjoy the design and on bigger phones a case often pushes the bulk over the line for me. The last phone I used with a case was the iPhone 6 plus, currently typing this on my naked 4XL. I think unlike many current phones the pixel 4 feels like it should be used caseless.

I have got so used to it that I am subconsciously more careful. Yes I have had a few battle scars but it's worth it for me.

Fully realise I am odd and very much in the minority!
I'm with you starting to feel that way as well. Currently testing the rhinoshield bumper case. Although it looks and feels much better than with a full case covering it's still not the same bc the thickness the bumper has. I know the lip is for protection when putting it on the table but I'd prefer it being slim and really only used for drop protection in the case I drop it and it uses that shock absorb in the corners to mitigate damage. I still like it and will continue to use it for now "testing it". I'm going to try getting a skin. Although the skin will also take away the look from the phone, but the advantage is I can go with a custom look of my choice and not be at the mercy of what colors case manufacturers provide. At some point I might try it 100% naked too. (Already do this at home sometimes)

On another note the bumper is slipperier than the default lip the pixel 4 xl comes with as far as material wish it was more of a grippier matte finish like the pixel but at the same time it's easier to grip bc it's thicker. Pros and cons. Still happy with it so far based on my testing and much prefer it than using a full case so far.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you starting to feel that way as well. Currently testing the rhinoshield bumper case. Although it looks and feels much better than with a full case covering it's still not the same bc the thickness the bumper has. I know the lip is for protection when putting it on the table but I'd prefer it being slim and really only used for drop protection in the case I drop it and it uses that shock absorb in the corners to mitigate damage. I still like it and will continue to use it for now "testing it". I'm going to try getting a skin. Although the skin will also take away the look from the phone, but the advantage is I can go with a custom look of my choice and not be at the mercy of what colors case manufacturers provide. At some point I might try it 100% naked too. (Already do this at home sometimes)

On another note the bumper is slipperier than the default lip the pixel 4 xl comes with as far as material wish it was more of a grippier matte finish like the pixel but at the same time it's easier to grip bc it's thicker. Pros and cons. Still happy with it so far based on my testing and much prefer it than using a full case so far.
Hey, do, I'll tell you the rhino shield bumper case on my Pixel 3 XL in white looks awesome and it really does work. Is it the most customizable and beautiful case out there no but it comes very close to it. I will admit that sometimes it can be a little bit slippery in the hands but for the most part it's pretty grippy and rough and my hands do get a lot of attraction on the case. And yes, you're a, the bumper case adds enough of a lip on the front and the back side so even God forbid if I accidentally drop my phone, it's safe. And yes I admittedly have dropped it a few times on concrete and in the street and it's absolutely fine. It does add a little bit of thickness of the phone, but nothing that I would ride home about so to speak. It's perfect. Yeah all those naked cases which I have one at home they look good on the phone, but they offer absolutely no protection. The most you're going to get out of those very very thin cases is scratch protection in your pocket. But God forbid you drop your pixel on the ground anywhere, they're not going to protect your phone at all. I found that out also the hard way. Lol

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey, do, I'll tell you the rhino shield bumper case on my Pixel 3 XL in white looks awesome and it really does work. Is it the most customizable and beautiful case out there no but it comes very close to it. I will admit that sometimes it can be a little bit slippery in the hands but for the most part it's pretty grippy and rough and my hands do get a lot of attraction on the case. And yes, you're a, the bumper case adds enough of a lip on the front and the back side so even God forbid if I accidentally drop my phone, it's safe. And yes I admittedly have dropped it a few times on concrete and in the street and it's absolutely fine. It does add a little bit of thickness of the phone, but nothing that I would ride home about so to speak. It's perfect. Yeah all those naked cases which I have one at home they look good on the phone, but they offer absolutely no protection. The most you're going to get out of those very very thin cases is scratch protection in your pocket. But God forbid you drop your pixel on the ground anywhere, they're not going to protect your phone at all. I found that out also the hard way. Lol
Yeah for sure I agree with your feedback here and going to finally order 2 skins today. I think I might stick with the white look since I like the white look. Thinking of going with maybe the white carbon fiber and leather type of skins from dbrand, but haven't decided yet.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah for sure I agree with your feedback here and going to finally order 2 skins today. I think I might stick with the white look since I like the white look. Thinking of going with maybe the white carbon fiber and leather type of skins from dbrand, but haven't decided yet.
Hey, dude, I appreciate it very much! Yeah, I mean the dbrand skins along with the rhino shield bumper case on pixels looks freaking awesome and badass! The skins allow you to customize your phone to your exact taste! I mean that's personally what I love about the skins of myself! They're easy to apply, easy to take off and don't cost too much where you can't switch them out whenever your heart desires! I mean if I had my way now other than the colorful skins like carbon fibers and different textures, I might go with Jerry rig everything's tear down Pixel 3 XL skin hahaha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon