Yesterday 09:42 AM
57 123
tools
    For a long time I've been tempted to use my clearly white pixel 4 XL without a case, but have been afraid to get it physically damaged. However, I can't help to think about how much of the experience I'm losing of how beautiful I think this phone looks and feels in the hand. I've tried clear cases for the look but it's no where near the same look by a long shot in my opinion + you lose the amazing feeling in the hand.

Anyone on here uses their pixel without a case and if so how is it holding up without a case and for how long have you used it without a case?
    Morty2264 and bb9900user2018 like this.
    06-29-2020 09:05 AM
    For a long time I've been tempted to use my clearly white pixel 4 XL without a case, but have been afraid to get it physically damaged. However, I can't help to think about how much of the experience I'm losing of how beautiful I think this phone looks and feels in the hand. I've tried clear cases for the look but it's no where near the same look by a long shot in my opinion + you lose the amazing feeling in the hand.

Anyone on here uses their pixel without a case and if so how is it holding up without a case and for how long have you used it without a case?
    Honestly, when I first bought my Pixel 3 XL and clearly white I had a naked no case. That lasted for about 2 to 3 months I actually dropped it gently on the bathroom tile floor gently nicked up the back but nothing major whatsoever. I finally just put a dbrand skin on the back with a rhino shield white bumper case online. However come up for the pics of fours, rhino shield doesn't sell a white bumper case only a black one for The Pixel 4's for some reason. I have a white bumper case with a red power button. There's an additional option for a multicolored power buttons. I'm just too nervous to use a naked caseless phone. Dropping it on to concrete, or onto any hard surface, nicking up the back.it's also great because rhino should bumper cases don't make the phone feel any bulkier!
    06-29-2020 10:13 AM
    One of the problems is that today's phones (most of them) are damned slippery when naked and hard to hold onto. Also, they've become so thin that it is often difficult to get a comfortable grip on them.

I'll stick with a case for the foreseeable future. My Pixel 4XL is in a Spigen Tough Armor case with kickstand (something else that occasionally comes in handy, by the way).
    06-29-2020 10:26 AM
    One of the problems is that today's phones (most of them) are damned slippery when naked and hard to hold onto. Also, they've become so thin that it is often difficult to get a comfortable grip on them.

I stick with a case for the foreseeable future. My Pixel 4XL is in a Spigen Tough Armor case with kickstand (something else that occasionally comes in handy, by the way).
    Yep yep, exactly! I tried to go naked on my Pixel 3 XL but the phone is like a bar of soap in the hands. It slipped out of my hands way too many times on carpet and that made me nervous! I figured the heck with it, it's not worth it to wear naked for an $800 phone!
    06-29-2020 10:27 AM
    Yeah valid points and how I feel as well. Was thinking of taking the risk and going naked, bit slapping it on a case depending what I'm doing that day such as going to the beach, poolside etc. Was curious how everyone's durability has been if you have been rocking it naked.
    06-29-2020 10:32 AM
    Yeah valid points and how I feel as well. Was thinking of taking the risk and going naked, bit slapping it on a case depending what I'm doing that day such as going to the beach, poolside etc. Was curious how everyone's durability has been if you have been rocking it naked.
    Yeah, no, I hear ya. I mean having the bumper case is a nice middle ground: not much heft and bulk whatsoever, and it's still protected. Plus, my dbrand skin adds that extra level of style as well. Haha
    bkdodger2 likes this.
    06-29-2020 10:44 AM
    Yeah, no, I hear ya. I mean having the bumper case is a nice middle ground: not much heft and bulk whatsoever, and it's still protected. Plus, my dbrand skin adds that extra level of style as well. Haha
    That's a good point maybe I'll check out a bumper for the added grip and see how I do.
    06-29-2020 12:29 PM
    I alternate between a Spigen case and Google fabric case when out & about. And mostly no case when around the house ever since putting on an orange dBrand skin. That really helped the phone not feel so slippery, and will protect the glass back a little. I haven't had mine long enough to say how it will hold up in the long run with no case.
    bkdodger2 likes this.
    06-29-2020 12:59 PM
    I alternate between a Spigen case and Google fabric case when out & about. And mostly no case when around the house ever since putting on an orange dBrand skin. That really helped the phone not feel so slippery, and will protect the glass back a little. I haven't had mine long enough to say how it will hold up in the long run with no case.[IMG=501x668]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200629/4462ce5eb1ed61a9bf7f6967a2b13f77.jpg[/url]
    What Spigen case is that looks super thin.
    06-29-2020 01:03 PM
    The one in the picture is a Google fabric case. I also use a Spigen Liquid Air Armor case, which is very thin & soft TPU
    06-29-2020 01:09 PM
    The one in the picture is a Google fabric case. I also use a Spigen Liquid Air Armor case, which is very thin & soft TPU
    Thanks. Yeah i have the same fabric case as you even the color. I'm going to check out that Spigen liquid case.
    06-29-2020 01:14 PM
    Protection is important, and I need a case for grip. I'd constantly be dropping it otherwise.
    ezdoit likes this.
    06-29-2020 01:29 PM
    When I get a phone, a case goes on it and stays on it until I sell the phone. I always practice safe phoning. As kmf1 said "Protection is important, and I need a case for grip."
    eric002 and holz75 like this.
    06-29-2020 08:25 PM
    When I get a phone, a case goes on it and stays on it until I sell the phone. I always practice safe phoning. As kmf1 said "Protection is important, and I need a case for grip."
    Me too pretty much....just in case
    ezdoit likes this.
    06-29-2020 08:27 PM
    I mean, I'll even admit that when I first saw my Pixel 3XL, I still have the barely there naked case which is silicone rubber. The problem is looks great on the phone, but if you drop the phone on any slightly hard surface it's going to scratch. Making it pretty much worthless. And I paid 20 bucks for it. Hahaha. Looking back at that purchase now, I might not have bought that case when I did. Just
    06-29-2020 08:29 PM
    The average person cannot install a case in the time the phone leaves your hand until it hits something hard, but I'm sure some have tried.

Have used a Speck Presidio Grip case on my last few phones - very satified.
    eric002 likes this.
    06-29-2020 08:32 PM
    Haha yeah. I typically always sell my phone for a decent buck which helps me justify my upgrade every year. So keeping it scratch free helps in value.
    N4Newbie likes this.
    06-29-2020 08:38 PM
    Haha, yeah, amen to that!
    06-29-2020 08:46 PM
    Absolutely my favorite case (link below). Gives the phone the grip I need and protect from scratches and keeps the look. Love it. I also have the Spigen liquid armor and the Google Fabric Case. This one is my go to for it's very thin design.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W7SYZYR...cUvbUpU6810682
    dmxjago and bkdodger2 like this.
    06-30-2020 06:22 AM
    Absolutely my favorite case (link below). Gives the phone the grip I need and protect from scratches and keeps the look. Love it. I also have the Spigen liquid armor and the Google Fabric Case. This one is my go to for it's very thin design.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W7SYZYR...cUvbUpU6810694
    Yeah, not too shabby for a case! Those look nice.
    06-30-2020 07:24 AM
    That's a good point maybe I'll check out a bumper for the added grip and see how I do.
    Rhinoshield...do it ! I've not looked back or used my other cases ...
    06-30-2020 08:23 AM
    Rhinoshield...do it ! I've not looked back or used my other cases ...
    Yeah, at first before my pixel 3 XL, I never bought a rhino shield bumper case in the past. All of my previous phones Nexus phones just had him regular cases on them. My old Galaxy s8 was naked and I dropped it three times on concrete and cracked the screen up a bit. However, like I said, the bumper case from rhino shield doesn't add much bulk, it's protective as hell, and it looks good especially in white. Unfortunately, running shield doesn't make the white color for the Pixel 4/4 XL which is really unfortunate. The white just stands out much better! Especially on a white phone...
    06-30-2020 08:25 AM
    I don’t have the extra cash to burn in case I have an accident, and I like to get full value back from my phones when I sell them. I really don’t want to lose a bunch due to it looking more worn by picking up nicks from going without a case. Phones are not an investment but keeping it nice is also more to help myself as well, I hate my stuff not looking new. But man they feel and look so nice without a case.
    TamRae95 likes this.
    06-30-2020 08:28 AM
    I envy people that have the guts to use their phone naked lol. I'm too clumsy so I always have to have a case on my phone.
    06-30-2020 08:30 AM
    Yeah, at first before my pixel 3 XL, I never bought a rhino shield bumper case in the past. All of my previous phones Nexus phones just had him regular cases on them. My old Galaxy s8 was naked and I dropped it three times on concrete and cracked the screen up a bit. However, like I said, the bumper case from rhino shield doesn't add much bulk, it's protective as hell, and it looks good especially in white. Unfortunately, running shield doesn't make the white color for the Pixel 4/4 XL which is really unfortunate. The white just stands out much better! Especially on a white phone...
    I actually don't mind the black color. Infact I prefer the black bumper to match the existing black lip/frame around the clearly white pixel 4 XL. Going to pull the trigger and give it a shot.
    bkdodger2 likes this.
    06-30-2020 08:31 AM
57 123