Sept update

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure. I just remembered that the only way I got Bubbles to work was to join the Messages beta, while running 11 Beta. Maybe an update is needed for the Messages app to make this work with the official Android 11 release?

Hopefully that's all it is. I'll try to do a little research on it

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I rediscovered power-volume down after I wrote that. Your number 2 method is only for screenshots of apps - or did I miss a way to get the desktop from there?
You have that correct, if you want your home screen then you'll have to use the power+volume down combo.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure. I just remembered that the only way I got Bubbles to work was to join the Messages beta, while running 11 Beta. Maybe an update is needed for the Messages app to make this work with the official Android 11 release?

I had the bubbles (4a) but my son didn't (3)...I checked and my Messages app version was 6.6, his was 6.4 with no update showing. I showed him how to get the beta version but haven't checked in with him to see if bubbles are working yet.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I have Messages version 6.6.051. I'll try to remember to check my wife's Pixel 3aXL and see if Bubbles are available & working, I just updated it to Android 11 late last night.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I just checked my wife's Pixel 3aXL, which updated to Android 11 late last night. The Bubbles option is not available in the Messages app on her phone. So this would indicate that there is an app update that needs to come from the Play Store and this new feature is not just an automatic part of 11.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
You have that correct, if you want your home screen then you'll have to use the power+volume down combo.

^^^--- Which is a step back IMO, from just pressing the power button. I am going to protest this ridiculous "feature" and give this P4 to my ex-wife when I get the P5. She is the Queen of "ridiculous" features.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
^^^--- Which is a step back IMO, from just pressing the power button. I am going to protest this ridiculous "feature" and give this P4 to my ex-wife when I get the P5. She is the Queen of "ridiculous" features.

I’m bad at recognizing sarcasm if it was an attempt at that

Because Pixel 5 will be the same since it’s not a phone specific feature it’s an operating system feature. So you will still have your ridiculous feature like it or not

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I’m bad at recognizing sarcasm if it was an attempt at that

Because Pixel 5 will be the same since it’s not a phone specific feature it’s an operating system feature. So you will still have your ridiculous feature like it or not

Pretty much sarcasm for sure - BUT - going from a 1 step process to a 2 step process is not my idea of an update. I'm old, I don't want to waste my time left doing extra steps.
OK, time for my meds.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Works for screenshots of apps only, not for just the home screen.

Not on my P4 - but my P4 also keeps losing sound settings very 10 minutes. My P4 is by far the worse Pixel I've had, and I've had all of them.
Starting to think the time has come to dePixelize my life.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Not on my P4 - but my P4 also keeps losing sound settings very 10 minutes. My P4 is by far the worse Pixel I've had, and I've had all of them.
Wait a sec. Do you have swipe gestures turned on?

stevo82

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

If you need the home screen for a screen shot just say hey google, take a screen shot.