What weather app are you using on your Pixel 4?

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
The stock weather app doesn't show me the weather at night for some reason, it just Date for some reason then during the day it would show the weather and if I click on it, it shows the hourly weather as well so I was wondering what's the best weather app nowadays (I don't mind paid but no subscription based) that could also give me such a widget to easily see the hourly weather?

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The stock weather app doesn't show me the weather at night for some reason, it just Date for some reason then during the day it would show the weather and if I click on it, it shows the hourly weather as well so I was wondering what's the best weather app nowadays (I don't mind paid but no subscription based) that could also give me such a widget to easily see the hourly weather?
Watching this topic. I miss Dark Sky big time.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock Google weather app, are you talking about this hourly forecast though?
77210bc37d7ef7f8820449c48c03450a.jpg

mggm100

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Watching this topic. I miss Dark Sky big time.

Since Dark Sky was removed I've been trying out various weather apps. Right now I have my preference narrowed down to two of them, Accuweather and Climacell. I'm having a difficult time deciding between them, but I think I'm leaning toward Accuweather.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I use the stock weather app that comes with the widget for basic weather info. But I also have a Chrome shortcut icon on my Home screen that opens Accuweather - Minutecast. I use each depending on if I want a very detailed forecast or just the general temp and outlook for the day.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's subscription based not one time purchase

I paid a one-time small amount to remove ads, but didn't go for the subscription. I think that's still possible, but it's hard to tell since I already have the ad-free nonsubscription tier.

EDIT: I looked at the Play Store while in Incognito Mode to see how much it costs now -- it's $6.49 one time for the ad-free version, and then you can opt for a subscription for the Premium features (mostly animated radar and more notification options). I think when I paid for ad-free, it was cheaper than that, so they must've hiked the price a bit.

Also, to address one of your original requirements, this app does indeed have an hourly weather widget.

Last edited:

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
A paid a one-time small amount to remove ads, but didn't go for the subscription. I think that's still possible, but it's hard to tell since I already have the ad-free nonsubscription tier.

EDIT: I looked at the Play Store while in Incognito Mode to see how much it costs now -- it's $6.49 one time for the ad-free version, and then you can opt for a subscription for the Premium features (mostly animated radar and more notification options). I think when I paid for ad-free, it was cheaper than that, so they must've hiked the price a bit.

Also, to address one of your original requirements, this app does indeed have an hourly weather widget.

Thanks a lot for checking! Going to grab it then! B. Diddy =
0WD6pTM.gif

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I use WeatherBug Elite, Google's Weather app, and for radar, I use RadarScope and wX (which also provides weather forecasts.)

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Weather channel

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I too went looking for a new weather app after Dark Sky sold out. I tried several and have settled on Shadow Weather. I would recommend checking it out.