Android Auto

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the phone staying connected in the car? Mine drops out after a while. Then connects. Happens a few times and then tends to stay disconnected. I've changed our the cable multiple times.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I've seen multiple News stories saying that Android Auto is broken with Android 11. I don't use it personally, so can't confirm; but have seen several stores in tech news sites claiming that it's pretty messed up

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've seen multiple News stories saying that Android Auto is broken with Android 11. I don't use it personally, so can't confirm; but have seen several stores in tech news sites claiming that it's pretty messed up
I don't use it either, and hear stories it's been broken through last couple andriod versions but sometimes individual situation might be different and handled differently.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm not having any connection issues, mine has never dropped. However, since updating to Android 11 when using Google Maps for navigation the audio is so low it can't be heard.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe, and will confirm, that I am on the most current version of both. Always keep AA updated, and the car doesn't really have too many updates.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have had this happen twice, but it always fixed itself after I either shut off the car and restarted or changed usb ports. I believe its just a bug, and it is annoying, just glad it hasn't happened to me more.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Check your cable too. Try a different one. My AA went through a period of disconnects, I bought a new cable, it happens much less often.

As for recent problems with Android 11, I am barely driving anymore but during the more recent trips, I had no problems. All short trips though, less than 20 min.

B_Chadwick Ware

Nov 11, 2019
Visit site
Check your cable too. Try a different one. My AA went through a period of disconnects, I bought a new cable, it happens much less often.

As for recent problems with Android 11, I am barely driving anymore but during the more recent trips, I had no problems. All short trips though, less than 20 min.

Do you have a suggestion as to what cord to use Cuz I've tried the one that you can buy from Google and I don't know if it's broken inside the case or what but mine drops out all the time

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a suggestion as to what cord to use Cuz I've tried the one that you can buy from Google and I don't know if it's broken inside the case or what but mine drops out all the time

This cable has worked for me. I don't know if it's because it is a 3.1 cable or not. It's only one foot so I don't know if it will work in your car. It's enough for me to place my phone securely in the center console.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D7PM3S4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1