Call screen only works sometimes, otherwise answers and does nothing

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Now call screen doesn't work right. If I try to screen a call, half the time it answers and I see the text of it delivering the screening speech (normal). Other times, it just answers and does nothing. I see nothing where it is supposed to show the screening message text. The call has connected though.

I actually went ahead and reset my phone about a week ago. Just ran into more little glitches. I am glad I did because it all seems to operate smoother. It also gave me the opportunity to only install the apps I need. Anyway, seems a byproduct of this is inconsistent call screening.

I tried clearing the cache on the phone app. This will be tough to troubleshoot since it's inconsistent.

Any ideas?

(if you're keeping score, snapshot doesn't work after the reset, but it does have the new item "+" now)

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Now call screen doesn't work right. If I try to screen a call, half the time it answers and I see the text of it delivering the screening speech (normal). Other times, it just answers and does nothing. I see nothing where it is supposed to show the screening message text. The call has connected though.

I actually went ahead and reset my phone about a week ago. Just ran into more little glitches. I am glad I did because it all seems to operate smoother. It also gave me the opportunity to only install the apps I need. Anyway, seems a byproduct of this is inconsistent call screening.

I tried clearing the cache on the phone app. This will be tough to troubleshoot since it's inconsistent.

Any ideas?

(if you're keeping score, snapshot doesn't work after the reset, but it does have the new item "+" now)
Yeah call screen has been very inconsistent for me as well. I'm having a slew of other issues as well.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah call screen has been very inconsistent for me as well. I'm having a slew of other issues as well.

Call screen was very consistent, always worked. Now, it doesn't.

Interesting you say you have other issues. I am noticing little things going wrong lately too. A freeze up here and there. Small glitches.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I might have solved it. Something I should have thought of. I use YouMail for voicemail and it affords some SPAM call protection. I let it take more control than usual about a month ago. It's never been a problem before so the increase in screening probably interfered. I could only test it based on two trial calls from two numbers. I'll see how it goes with my next SPAM call.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1