Whenever I contact my husband on duo or signal video I get no sound from him if he was watching twitch or YouTube on the phone before I called him. This is happening every time since he upgraded to A11.

If he calls me I can hear him, but if I call him his mouth moves but no sound is forthcoming.

Any ideas?
    01-14-2021 09:20 AM
    Same or similar issue here? https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ml#post6908412
    01-14-2021 11:10 AM
    No different issue. But actually we have found that it is all video apps except WhatsApp. Went into his permissions and checked for microphone and it was allowed while in app. We tried safe mode, and the apps were disabled, of course. So we rebooted.

Anyway I called him from my iPhone and my S10+ and neither phone could hear him. With WhatsApp couldn't hear him at first then it said reconnecting and then I could hear him. It even happens when he calls me now. So I am stumped. But he can hear himself talking to me through his phone it just can't be heard on the other phone.

This has happened since Android 11 update I think. Or since the feature drop maybe. But it is consistent.
    01-14-2021 11:59 AM
    So we have decided when he next has time off work I will reset his phone back to factory and set it up as a new phone. Once that is done I will leet you know if the problem resolves itself.
    B. Diddy and Scott337 like this.
    01-14-2021 12:49 PM
    I have reset his phone and once we finish setting it up I will let you know if the problem has resolved. We didn't restore from a backup but set up as a new phone.
    Yesterday 06:58 AM