My wireless charging stopped working a few days ago. Initially, I didn't think much of it, the charger was old, the usb cable was somewhat frayed. So I got a new wireless charger and still not working. Weirdly, as soon as I got it out of the box, it worked, but several hours later when I needed to charge my phone as usual, did not work. I tried different usb cables, different outlets, same result... nothing. Weirdly, the wireless charger briefly worked last night, but only for a second or two. I've always used Google brand wireless charger and usb-c cable.

Any ideas? Anyone else had similar issues? I suppose something related to wireless charging could be broken in my phone, but I don't know of anyway to check. I guess the only positive of this is at least it (hopefully) close to Pixel 6 announcement/release.
    09-17-2021 02:32 PM
    No case on, right?
    09-17-2021 04:20 PM
    @B. Diddy, yes, I do have a case on it, same case I've had since I got the phone. However, I did try using the wireless charger with and without the case, same results.
    09-17-2021 07:25 PM
    Maybe try in safe mode if it works?
    09-17-2021 07:27 PM
    No other wireless charger. I did try two Google stands, 1 which was brand new. I will try safe mode shortly.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-17-2021 07:33 PM
    No change in safe mode, but I did learn how to do it and what it is, so that's a plus...
    09-17-2021 08:14 PM
    No change in safe mode, but I did learn how to do it and what it is, so that's a plus...
    Probably going need repair center to further diagnose it
    BergerKing and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-17-2021 08:49 PM
    Do you have the 4 or the 4 XL? How old is it? If it's the 4 XL, keep in mind that Google extended the warranty an extra year, so hopefully you might be able to make a claim.

Here's an article about it: https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/21/2...gram-announced
    Scott337, Laura Knotek and J Dubbs like this.
    09-17-2021 09:32 PM
    Have the 4xl, not sure how old it is, did not but it at launch, but don't remember when I got it. I'll have to try a repair store. Thanks for the article link, did not know there were issues. Unfortunately, not super close to a store so I'm not sure when I'll get there.
    09-18-2021 09:35 AM
    I had the same issue, spoke with Google and they sent me a new phone. I would definitely call them.
    Scott337 and J Dubbs like this.
    09-18-2021 10:41 AM
    @fwn, how'd you do that? I saw were I could fill out a short questionnaire thing but it looked like it just wanted to set up an appointment for more to get it scheduled for repair someplace.
    @B. Diddy, just went to the store, that said it might need the back glass replaced, but it was gonna be over $100 to try, no warranty check out anything. Honestly was not impressed with their service.
    09-18-2021 10:47 AM
    @fwn, how'd you do that? I saw were I could fill out a short questionnaire thing but it looked like it just wanted to set up an appointment for more to get it scheduled for repair someplace.
    @B. Diddy, just went to the store, that said it might need the back glass replaced, but it was gonna be over $100 to try, no warranty check out anything. Honestly was not impressed with their service.
    Contact google in settings and chat with a representative and explain the issue
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-18-2021 10:50 AM
    Which store? Google warranty service would be handled directly by Google, not by a physical store, so do a chat with Google through the settings as mustang7757 suggested, or use this website: https://support.google.com/pixelphon...#topic=7078250
    09-18-2021 11:10 AM
    I agree with the previous post, give Google customer support a call or use the chat feature in the Google One app and they will probably send you a new phone.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-18-2021 11:35 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. The only thing Google would do is send me a new phone once they received mine in the mail and inspected it, a turn around of 5-10 days. I don't know how they think this is acceptable, that people can go without a phone for 2 weeks.

Gonna try a non pixel phone and we'll see the 6 when it comes out. Google customer support sucks.
    09-18-2021 12:17 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. The only thing Google would do is send me a new phone once they received mine in the mail and inspected it, a turn around of 5-10 days. I don't know how they think this is acceptable, that people can go without a phone for 2 weeks.

Gonna try a non pixel phone and we'll see the 6 when it comes out. Google customer support sucks.
    Hmm, well that is typically how warranty service will work -- they need to diagnose the issue and confirm it's covered by warranty. This is why I always try to have a backup phone available. Good luck!
    09-18-2021 12:21 PM
    In your first post you mentioned getting a Pixel 6 soon. If wireless charging is the only thing not working why not just hold onto your current phone, use the OEM charger and keep it as a spare? Just an idea. I always keep one or two older phones as spares, just for these situations. When I get my Pixel 6 I am going to sell my older spares and keep my current Pixel 4XL as a spare for my wife and I. Like I said, just an idea
    B. Diddy, J Dubbs and mustang7757 like this.
    09-18-2021 07:30 PM
    In your first post you mentioned getting a Pixel 6 soon. If wireless charging is the only thing not working why not just good onto your current phone, use the OEM charger and keep it as a spare? Just an idea. I always keep one or two older phones as spares, just for these situations. When I get my Pixel 6 I am going to sell my older spares and keep my current Pixel 4XL as a spare for my wife and I. Like I said, just an idea
    Good point
    09-19-2021 09:18 PM