installed Android 12 two weeks ago. got this alert today

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I installed Android 12 the day it came out. I just got a system alert to upgrade to Android 12 lol and it's almost a 2 gig file. What is this?

Attachments

• 14218.jpg
    14218.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 19

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a few other threads about it. I suspect a glitch in the update server. Send feedback to Google about it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I wonder why they would say to reinstall it? Given the slight but finite risk of something happening during the update process, I'd probably lean towards leaving it alone until they figure out why this happened.:-\

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I wonder why they would say to reinstall it? Given the slight but finite risk of something happening during the update process, I'd probably lean towards leaving it alone until they figure out why this happened.:-\

She is saying it might include a different package that has some features that weren't in the previous build. She said it might include features that weren't in the earlier updates. I'm installing it now. But I did back up my phone before doing this.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So, did it cause any problems? I have it available but so far, holding off...

It's still optimizing. This took a long time when I originally installed Android 12. I'll let you know if I run into any problems. But I think it's going to take a while to finish optimizing all the apps.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I got it this morning and let it install - thinking it was a security update (I was sleepy). Then I got the same notification as above yet AGAIN this afternoon. LOL

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I got it this morning and let it install - thinking it was a security update (I was sleepy). Then I got the same notification as above yet AGAIN this afternoon. LOL

Dang that's crazy. My phone is still optimizing lol. I hope I don't get this notice yet again. This is so stupid to have to reinstall the whole OS all over again

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

So my phone has rebooted and I haven't noticed anything different. The only thing that's changed is the build number now it has an .A1 after the build. That's it

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I installed it and it the new build shows Verizon build. However, don't see any changes and no funky Verizon apps have been installed.