Managing vibration intensity on Pixel 4a, Android 12

frankhere-1

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
Hello folks,

I am interested in controlling the intensity of the vibration notification. The notion is to be able to control the vibration
intensity the same way one controls the audio volume . This would be used during quiet times, meetings, etc.

I tried Macrodroid to control the vibration and it worked, but the hit to battery life was less than acceptable.

Does any one have an idea how to solve this i.e. other less battery-demanding apps , or ______________?

Ideas are welcomed..

thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is on my Pixel 6 Pro, but I'm assuming it's also on the 4a (on Android 12) -- go to Settings>Sound & Vibration>Vibration & Haptics​. Have you tried adjusting the sliders for Vibration and Haptic Strength there?

frankhere-1

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
hello, thanks for the reply...
that was the first place I looked (Settings>Sound & Vibration>Vibration & Haptics​). Yet on this 4A ( and android 12) the only control I have is for Notification Vibration to be on or off. No control for intensity. The other 'control' is for Vibrate for calls and my choices are Never vibrate, always vibrate or vibrate gradually then ring.

I have yet to find a vibration intensity setting that is 'native' to Android 12 / Pixel 4A. Hence journey to Macrodroid.

thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh I see -- I didn't realize that this option is only on certain Pixels.:-\

I'll fire up my Pixel 3a XL just to make sure I don't see it there either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781