2019 Google Pixel 4 / 4 XL

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Remind me again why the Pixel phones are not halo devices line the Pixel book. I keep struggling with why it seems like they build a phone that is slightly on par or below other flagship phones. I want to spend 1300 dollars on the Pixel 4 and want it to be the phone with software that all other companies are trying to catch up to.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Remind me again why the Pixel phones are not halo devices line the Pixel book. I keep struggling with why it seems like they build a phone that is slightly on par or below other flagship phones. I want to spend 1300 dollars on the Pixel 4 and want it to be the phone with software that all other companies are trying to catch up to.

I do too.

I don't think the phone is worth what Google are charging. I think when it comes to hardware, Google is embarrassingly behind other OEM's. It's a decent phone, but not a complete package, like other phones on the marketplace imo.

I'll be holding off on the Pixel 4 and see what the reviews/owners comments are ok the phone.

If I knew the issues and missing features the phone would have before I bought it, I wouldn't have gotten the 3 XL.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Let me see.

Nokia offering 1gb ram.

Samsung come out with 6gb ram on note 9 128 last year.
So Google is going to tease us with the next step up processor, snd the ram we expected last yr

No !

Don't think I will bite.

Google needs a year of no phone sales.

They are doing nothing for their customers.

Nothing new
Same old same, for a expensive phone

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up and for the creation of this thread!

I was not interested in buying the Pixel 3, so I am keeping a close eye on the Pixel 4. I'm assuming it'll be worth the upgrade from my Pixel 2; but I love it so much that I'm okay with waiting until something I *really* want comes along. Or until my Pixel breaks.

The one thing I really care about with the Pixel 4 is that Google continues with offering the smaller and larger versions. I go for the smaller ones and so I'm hoping that trend continues; though it has for a while now.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up and for the creation of this thread!

I was not interested in buying the Pixel 3, so I am keeping a close eye on the Pixel 4. I'm assuming it'll be worth the upgrade from my Pixel 2; but I love it so much that I'm okay with waiting until something I *really* want comes along. Or until my Pixel breaks.

The one thing I really care about with the Pixel 4 is that Google continues with offering the smaller and larger versions. I go for the smaller ones and so I'm hoping that trend continues; though it has for a while now.
I'm with you there. I just hope the smaller version doesn't get bigger and bigger.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will be watching as info comes out about the Pixel 4 , just as I did about the Pixel 3.

The only reason I did not get a Pixel 3 was because I have the Pixel 2 XL. There just was not that much of an update for me to justify paying what it would have cost to have updated to it imo.
Since I don't sell my old phones to make up some of the cost with.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I will not buy a smaller phone. Not gonna kill myself looking at a smaller screen.
And having a smaller battery.

Google is gonna have to come out with something to make me want to buy the phone.
If I already had a Pixel Phone I wouldn't of bought a Pixel 3 XL.

Last year was a Tease for what Google offered with their phone.

The whole market gave more than Google did in what the phone could do.
Samsung left the 64 gb storage and went to the 128 gb.

Just like when the Iphone was on 16 Gb storage, Samsung came out with 32 Gb storage.
And when the Iphone came to 32Gb Samsung went to 64 gb for the same price.

Won't buy a Samsung with Bixby on it and the Bixby button.
Know you can disable it. But who should I have to do that.

So its up to Google , and who knows who is in charge of developing the phones. To come out with more Memory.
Larger storage.
And why not a SD slot to store pictures on.
Don't care if google gives you free storage for 3 yrs for your pictures.
What happens when the 3 yrs is up.
They charge you for it.

If the phone had a simple SD card slot. You cold keep your pictures on it and take it to a new phone.

And what about the Battery.
Samsung and some others came with a 4000 ah battery.
Where was google.
Oh they came out with only a 3450 ah battery.

Why not a removable battery.
Have one battery on the phone , and buy a 2nd battery to carry when the 1st one gets low like on the old S5

Starting to think I would rather have a spare battery than a phone being water proof.

I've never gotten my phone other than being in the rain.

And for the prices that Google is getting.
They don't offer very much.

Everything was a tease and everybody got the fever for it.
I needed a phone, so I bought one.

Not this time around.
If'n google don't offer a lot more.
I will not buy their phone.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I sold my Pixel 3 and purchased a Note 9. Wow this is what the Pixel should be. 512 GB of space, 8 Gigs of memory, all day battery, beautiful screen, great cameras....this phone should take the motto from One Plus "Never Settle".
And after using Google Pay for the past couple of year to now using Samsung Pay...it's not even close. Google feels stale to me now and nowhere close to what Samsung is doing with both it's Software and Hardware.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I will be watching as info comes out about the Pixel 4 , just as I did about the Pixel 3.

The only reason I did not get a Pixel 3 was because I have the Pixel 2 XL. There just was not that much of an update for me to justify paying what it would have cost to have updated to it imo.
Since I don't sell my old phones to make up some of the cost with.

I couldn't agree with you more. I love my 5" Pixel 2 and didn't see enough of a difference with the 3 line to justify an upgrade. I will keep an eye on the Pixel 4. Even though I love some of the other phone brands and the phones that are coming out, it's going to be *really* hard to give up the Pixel experience.

I'm hoping the Pixel 4 has a smaller version like its predecessors. If I had to do a six-inch phone, I guess I would (my husband's six-inch LG G7 ThinQ fits fine in my hand); but I'd rather use a smaller phone.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If they don't have a smaller version I will look at the s10e
I don't care for the larger phones. If I have to do a larger phone I may as well do a note and get it over with

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Samsung with a couple of updates only?
Why not go with Essential 2? You get monthly updates like Pixels

Not everyone cares about updates. Samsung pushes out updates a few times and thats good enough for me. Samsung are feature rich phones that offer some of the best hardware.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Google has been disappointing with the Pixel line. I am hoping with HTC engineers we will finally see a phone I know they can make.

4000Mah batter
6gm of ram
128gb base model

Add a tele lense to the back or get the newest lens and a bump in the sensor

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I sold my Pixel 3 and purchased a Note 9. Wow this is what the Pixel should be. 512 GB of space, 8 Gigs of memory, all day battery, beautiful screen, great cameras....this phone should take the motto from One Plus "Never Settle".
And after using Google Pay for the past couple of year to now using Samsung Pay...it's not even close. Google feels stale to me now and nowhere close to what Samsung is doing with both it's Software and Hardware.

I am the opposite . I tried Samsung once that was enough for me.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Only 6 GB ram
128 the storage
And finally a 4000 ah battery.
Samsung had that last year.

That's what we should if got with the pixel 3xl
Still no SD card

No sale for me.
Will keep my 3XL.

Not enough to make me change.

Curious about the Chinese phone.
Huawei phone and what they are going to offer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie