What will it take to get you interested in a Pixel 4/4XL?

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I always wanted the Mate 20 pro , I waited to long to jump on it , I like the way Huawei designed their phones . Now it's out the question for me .

Why out of the question for you? Can now get it for much less than it was a year ago. Are you from the US? Will still work here at the us

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I always wanted the Mate 20 pro , I waited to long to jump on it , I like the way Huawei designed their phones . Now it's out the question for me .
I really wanted to get the P30 but I feel like there is too much risk now. Harmony OS may be awesome but I'd rather wait until I know exactly what it will look like before getting a phone that may switch operating systems automatically.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I really wanted to get the P30 but I feel like there is too much risk now. Harmony OS may be awesome but I'd rather wait until I know exactly what it will look like before getting a phone that may switch operating systems automatically.
Yeah definitely wait and see how things unfold.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Why out of the question for you? Can now get it for much less than it was a year ago. Are you from the US? Will still work here at the us
Yeah from the US , I know that model had green screen issue on certain panel that was used , so warranty is big issue and the ban being another . If they offer what One Plus does for US customers with warranty and where to purchase I definitely look into them.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah definitely wait and see how things unfold.
I mean, if anyone can make an operating system that could kick butt, it's Huawei! But like you said, I'd rather wait it out and see what Harmony is like before buying a device that'll just automatically get it.

It's too bad, because the P30 truly met all my needs - except for it only being splash proof and not IP 68 - but we'll see how it all unfolds.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I mean, if anyone can make an operating system that could kick butt, it's Huawei! But like you said, I'd rather wait it out and see what Harmony is like before buying a device that'll just automatically get it.

It's too bad, because the P30 truly met all my needs - except for it only being splash proof and not IP 68 - but we'll see how it all unfolds.
What's your back up option? Samsung?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
What's your back up option? Samsung?
I'm buying the S10 from my carrier this time (blah) - I am almost 100% sure of it but I want a few days to try out the camera. If I return it, then I guess I'll go with... No idea! Haha. It's my first choice at the moment.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm buying the S10 from my carrier this time (blah) - I am almost 100% sure of it but I want a few days to try out the camera. If I return it, then I guess I'll go with... No idea! Haha. It's my first choice at the moment.
Hahaha .. cool let me know how you make out .

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site

Huawei’s devices launched before the ban will still continue to access google, android etc and updates as normal. I understand being doubtful though...you can never tell what the current US administration might do...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Huawei’s devices launched before the ban will still continue to access google, android etc and updates as normal. I understand being doubtful though...you can never tell what the current US administration might do...
I have heard that too. Sales reps have told my husband and I that Google will still give Huawei updates for 2-3 years (but I don't necessarily trust sales reps). It's a gamble... But who knows!

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
What exactly is the color of the power button for the Oh So Orange model? Is that pink?

https://cdn.pocket-lint.com/r/s/970...-4-what-we-want-to-see-image12-bqrljvhmvj.jpg146820-phones-feature-google-pixel-4-what-we-want-to-see-image12-bqrljvhmvj.jpg

A throwback to the Pixel 3 Not Pink?

It's minor, but it would have been nice if it was a black power button. The black Pixel 4 gets a white power button, the white one gets an orange power button... it would have came full circle if the orange one got the black power button.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
What exactly is the color of the power button for the Oh So Orange model? Is that pink?

https://cdn.pocket-lint.com/r/s/970...-4-what-we-want-to-see-image12-bqrljvhmvj.jpgView attachment 311540

It's minor, but it would have been nice if it was a black power button. The black Pixel 4 gets a white power button, the white one gets an orange power button... it would have came full circle if the orange one got the black power button.
You bring up a good point about the colours going full circle - but I truly did like the Not Pink version of the Pixel 3. :)

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site

https://cdn.pocket-lint.com/r/s/970...-4-what-we-want-to-see-image12-bqrljvhmvj.jpgView attachment 311540

Check the 5th paragraph

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/ne...hite-oh-so-orange-colour-renders-leak-2111335

JoshuaPack

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
Everyone has pretty much hit what my concerns are as well.

1. Price - this is huge. I am tired of phones going over $1k. My last phone was the note 9, I traded in my old phone for 50% off. It makes more sense to do that after 2 years.

2. Wireless Charging - I have come to rely on wireless charging around my house, so I need a phone with it.

3. Great battery life - This should come standard. With WiFi 6 helping to reduce usage and with good software enhancements to make my phone last longer on a charge along with last longer.

4. Great Support - I would love to see a way for me to replace battery or screen or whatever through Google. Unsure, if they have something like that now, but that would be nice.

5. Water Resistant - I dropped my phone into water temporarily a 6 years ago. And I never want that to be a reason why my phone dies. Granted I'm not around water much any more, but I have come to want it on all my phone's since then.

6. Magnetic stripe payments - Oh how I wish the pixel had this. Not enough stores have NFC yet, and I love not pulling out my wallet to pay. The Samsung phones have made this super convenient.

If all 6 were met, I would pre-order the phone. I know this is probably not going to happen, but I can wish :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995