Your correct Mike.
    04-02-2019 02:00 PM
    You don't have to buy any of these devices if you think they are too much for you. That's all I'm going to say.
    I agree Mike, and on the other hand Google needs to make the next Pixel more than an incremenatl improvemnet or just get out of the phone making game. They are charging premium phone prices for non premium phones. I am rooting for Google and the Pixel 4 to be that premium device we all want
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-03-2019 09:16 AM
    I agree Mike, and on the other hand Google needs to make the next Pixel more than an incremenatl improvemnet or just get out of the phone making game. They are charging premium phone prices for non premium phones. I am rooting for Google and the Pixel 4 to be that premium device we all want
    I was referring to a particular set of multidirectioal complaints from a specific post that seem to be on going.

The market will decide if Google stays in the game.
    04-03-2019 10:56 AM
    For me to do more than like it (like, to buy it)?

Pixel 4 (not XL). No notch, full wall-to-wall screen.
    Otterbox Defender.
    8GB of RAM. (Do we really need it? To multitask large apps, yes. For the future, yes.)
    An SD card. (Do we really need one with so much internal storage? Yes - transferring files to a PC with an internal card reader is much faster. And if the phone bricks to the point that you can't even get to the bootloader, you can boot from the SD card.)
    8X-10X optical zoom. Better optics (and a better sensor). I can zoom up to things that are large enough to read, but not clear enough.
    6GHz wifi. 5G data - and phone speed that can use it.
    Band 71 (I use TMO).
    User-replaceable battery (might as well wish, right?) at least 4000mAh in the 4. And 25 Watt charging.
    3.5mm earphone jack.

Otherwise, Q on the 2 is doing just fine, on the 1st beta release, yet. (Some pf the apps haven't caught up yet, but that's not Google's fault.) And, since I'm not likely to see any of the above, I'll stick with the 2 at least until after S comes out. Then I'll see. By then my $800 phone won't be worth much, as far as resale goes. And I'm not looking forward to spending $1,200 or $1,500 on a phone I'm not thrilled with.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-03-2019 03:49 PM
    Back when innovations were coming out fast and furious with every new flagship upgrading made a bit more sense. 15 years ago I would upgrade multiple times a year and sell the old devices. Still lost money of course. But it was fun having the latest and greatest. I don't care to relive those days. A fast, smooth phone with an excellent camera is all I require. Pixel 2 more than fills that need. Maybe I'm becoming some sort of curmudgeon but even the pixel 3 did nothing to entice me. Doubtful the 4 will either. I actually wish something would come along to make me want to upgrade but not seeing it yet. It's all been done. Folding screens? Meh, not even, at least not yet.
    04-03-2019 04:41 PM
    I have heard some people calling the Pixel 3 an S year model. Hopefully that is the case and we see some hardware innovations with the Pixel 4
    04-03-2019 09:04 PM
    I have heard some people calling the Pixel 3 an S year model. Hopefully that is the case and we see some hardware innovations with the Pixel 4
    We can say that though about a lot of brands. Upgrades haven't been that spectacular the last couple of years and with some upgrades it's just a numbers game. Their isn't much you can do with this years flagships that you couldn't do with models two or even three years ago.
    04-03-2019 11:00 PM
    Price. Lower it.

Pixel. Minimal upgrades and price keeps going up. Reminds me of a fruit company. LOL
    04-03-2019 11:10 PM
    Price. Lower it.

Pixel. Minimal upgrades and price keeps going up. Reminds me of a fruit company. LOL
    The 3XL went up 50 dollars from the 2XL.
    04-03-2019 11:15 PM
    I still love my Pixel XL. The camera still impresses people, it does what I need, gets monthly security updates, still runs smooth, and has only given me one problem since I bought it three years ago. I do not think the notch on the Pixel 3 XL is a big deal (the notch on the iPhone X takes up more horizontal space), but call quality does matter to me.

Two reasons I'm holding off for the Pixel 4 XL:
    • The Pixel 3 XL has call sound issues

• My Pixel XL will probably be getting Android Q
    04-07-2019 06:37 AM
    The only reason I upgraded to the Pixel 3 was because Google lowered the price $200 so I picked up a 64GB for $599. Which honestly that's the price it should've been at launch! I am not interested in purchasing the pixel 4, but I will tune in for the launch/keynote.

My OG pixel was working fine on Pie, the only thing I noticed was the battery life starting to deteriorate. I mean it is over 2 years old.
    04-07-2019 09:21 AM
    Sold my Note 9 for the Pixel 3 XL and what do I miss.....

Battery Life
    Screen
    Storage Size

What I like about the P3XL

Camera, Camera, Camera

Hopefully the P4XL will have bigger battery and a better screen experience and keep up the Camera
    04-07-2019 10:58 AM
    No notch! Brighter screen, improve sound on video recordings. Give back user control of frame rates on recorded videos. Maybe a few more features, bells and whistles etc. More color selections than just boring black or white. So many other phones offer nice different color choices.
    04-08-2019 05:13 PM
    what it'll take to get me to give a rat's *** about a new Pixel,
    A SPen
    04-10-2019 07:46 PM
    Would love to these things on the Pixel 4. Some are rumored to already be in the works.

1 In Display FPS with Double tap to wake and sleep and raise phone to wake
    2 Dual Camera on the back....The pixel camera is already awesome...can't wait to see what Google does with dual lens!
    3 Get rid of the squeeze functionality....it makes the side bezels bigger
    4 Love to see a dedicated mute button
    5 Cleaner gesture to get to the app drawer. Make the app drawer and recents two separate gestures
    6 Please add 6GB of ram minimum
    7 Make 128 the base storage...since there is no SD Card.
    04-12-2019 11:44 AM
    Only 6 gb memory.
    They should of had that on the 3XL

They should offer more memory.
    And only 128GB of storage.
    Seems people had that for standard last year.

Seems Google is a year behind.

And now foldable phones are gonna be repleased in a month.

Hard sale for me.
    04-12-2019 12:39 PM
    Would love to these things on the Pixel 4. Some are rumored to already be in the works.

1 In Display FPS with Double tap to wake and sleep and raise phone to wake
    2 Dual Camera on the back....The pixel camera is already awesome...can't wait to see what Google does with dual lens!
    3 Get rid of the squeeze functionality....it makes the side bezels bigger
    4 Love to see a dedicated mute button
    5 Cleaner gesture to get to the app drawer. Make the app drawer and recents two separate gestures
    6 Please add 6GB of ram minimum
    7 Make 128 the base storage...since there is no SD Card.
    I'm looking at five different devices I own and I see no realistic differences in side bezels. The squeeze feature serves a purpose and I hope they keep it.
    04-12-2019 12:44 PM
    I'm looking at five different devices I own and I see no realistic differences in side bezels. The squeeze feature serves a purpose and I hope they keep it.
    I got the squeeze function turned off.

Got about all the apps I can turned off or deleted.
    Can't get Duo to stay uninstalled.
    Don't want it only phone.

Don't know why all the apps don't come turned off.
    And then let you go in and turn on what you want turned on.
    04-12-2019 12:48 PM
    Only 6 gb memory.
    They should of had that on the 3XL

They should offer more memory.
    And only 128GB of storage.
    Seems people had that for standard last year.

Seems Google is a year behind.

And now foldable phones are gonna be repleased in a month.

Hard sale for me.
    6GB was not a standard last year. There were phones with a lot less and phones with a lot more. There is no standard and if memory is managed properly it should not make a noticeable difference. They only thing it buys you is being able to hold more apps in memory and higher battery drain. I have 8GB on my S10 Plus and see no performance difference. Yes it does retain more apps running in the background so it may save me a second or two on occasion.

Having said all that I think they should go with 8 GB RAM for marketing purposes and I agree 128 GB storage should be the base.
    04-12-2019 12:52 PM
    I got the squeeze function turned off.

Got about all the apps I can turned off or deleted.
    Can't get Duo to stay uninstalled.
    Don't want it only phone.

Don't know why all the apps don't come turned off.
    And then let you go in and turn on what you want turned on.
    Did you disable it?
    04-12-2019 12:53 PM
    6GB was not a standard last year. There were phones with a lot less and phones with a lot more. There is no standard and if memory is managed properly it should not make a noticeable difference. They only thing it buys you is being able to hold more apps in memory and higher battery drain. I have 8GB on my S10 Plus and see no performance difference. Yes it does retain more apps running in the background so it may save me a second or two on occasion.

Samsung note 9 came with 6 GB memory and 128 storage.

Having said all that I think they should go with 8 GB RAM for marketing purposes and I agree 128 GB storage should be the base.
    04-12-2019 12:58 PM

What are you getting buying a new phone .

A couple seconds.

I can take my Wifes S8+ and the note 9

notice very little difference.

04-12-2019 01:00 PM
    Did you disable it?
    When you go in my settings.
    And go to apps.
    Its not there.

I've tried to delete it.
    Unstall it and it keeps coming back and installing itself.
    It tries to take over my contacts it seems.
    04-12-2019 01:02 PM
    When the squeeze feature was announced, I thought it was silly and something I would never use. It has ended up being one of my most used features. So I agree, keep the squeeze feature!
    Eggmundo likes this.
    04-12-2019 04:47 PM
    If the 4 is the same size or smaller than the 3, the camera is amazing, and the price isn't ridiculous I may be interested. Would love to have a simple, single-button way to disable all the stupid "smart" stuff that just gets in the way of using the phone. I want more personal control and less AI control.
    04-15-2019 09:40 AM
82 1234