What will it take to get you interested in a Pixel 4/4XL?

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I upgraded to the Pixel 3 was because Google lowered the price $200 so I picked up a 64GB for $599. Which honestly that's the price it should've been at launch! I am not interested in purchasing the pixel 4, but I will tune in for the launch/keynote.

My OG pixel was working fine on Pie, the only thing I noticed was the battery life starting to deteriorate. I mean it is over 2 years old.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Sold my Note 9 for the Pixel 3 XL and what do I miss.....

Battery Life
Screen
Storage Size

What I like about the P3XL

Camera, Camera, Camera

Hopefully the P4XL will have bigger battery and a better screen experience and keep up the Camera

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
No notch! Brighter screen, improve sound on video recordings. Give back user control of frame rates on recorded videos. Maybe a few more features, bells and whistles etc. More color selections than just boring black or white. So many other phones offer nice different color choices.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Would love to these things on the Pixel 4. Some are rumored to already be in the works.

1 In Display FPS with Double tap to wake and sleep and raise phone to wake
2 Dual Camera on the back....The pixel camera is already awesome...can't wait to see what Google does with dual lens!
3 Get rid of the squeeze functionality....it makes the side bezels bigger
4 Love to see a dedicated mute button
5 Cleaner gesture to get to the app drawer. Make the app drawer and recents two separate gestures
6 Please add 6GB of ram minimum
7 Make 128 the base storage...since there is no SD Card.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Only 6 gb memory.
They should of had that on the 3XL

They should offer more memory.
And only 128GB of storage.
Seems people had that for standard last year.

Seems Google is a year behind.

And now foldable phones are gonna be repleased in a month.

Hard sale for me.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Would love to these things on the Pixel 4. Some are rumored to already be in the works.

1 In Display FPS with Double tap to wake and sleep and raise phone to wake
2 Dual Camera on the back....The pixel camera is already awesome...can't wait to see what Google does with dual lens!
3 Get rid of the squeeze functionality....it makes the side bezels bigger
4 Love to see a dedicated mute button
5 Cleaner gesture to get to the app drawer. Make the app drawer and recents two separate gestures
6 Please add 6GB of ram minimum
7 Make 128 the base storage...since there is no SD Card.

I'm looking at five different devices I own and I see no realistic differences in side bezels. The squeeze feature serves a purpose and I hope they keep it.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at five different devices I own and I see no realistic differences in side bezels. The squeeze feature serves a purpose and I hope they keep it.

I got the squeeze function turned off.

Got about all the apps I can turned off or deleted.
Can't get Duo to stay uninstalled.
Don't want it only phone.

Don't know why all the apps don't come turned off.
And then let you go in and turn on what you want turned on.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Only 6 gb memory.
They should of had that on the 3XL

They should offer more memory.
And only 128GB of storage.
Seems people had that for standard last year.

Seems Google is a year behind.

And now foldable phones are gonna be repleased in a month.

Hard sale for me.

6GB was not a standard last year. There were phones with a lot less and phones with a lot more. There is no standard and if memory is managed properly it should not make a noticeable difference. They only thing it buys you is being able to hold more apps in memory and higher battery drain. I have 8GB on my S10 Plus and see no performance difference. Yes it does retain more apps running in the background so it may save me a second or two on occasion.

Having said all that I think they should go with 8 GB RAM for marketing purposes and I agree 128 GB storage should be the base.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I got the squeeze function turned off.

Got about all the apps I can turned off or deleted.
Can't get Duo to stay uninstalled.
Don't want it only phone.

Don't know why all the apps don't come turned off.
And then let you go in and turn on what you want turned on.

Did you disable it?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
6GB was not a standard last year. There were phones with a lot less and phones with a lot more. There is no standard and if memory is managed properly it should not make a noticeable difference. They only thing it buys you is being able to hold more apps in memory and higher battery drain. I have 8GB on my S10 Plus and see no performance difference. Yes it does retain more apps running in the background so it may save me a second or two on occasion.

Samsung note 9 came with 6 GB memory and 128 storage.

Having said all that I think they should go with 8 GB RAM for marketing purposes and I agree 128 GB storage should be the base.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

What are you getting buying a new phone .

A couple seconds.

I can take my Wifes S8+ and the note 9

notice very little difference.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

When the squeeze feature was announced, I thought it was silly and something I would never use. It has ended up being one of my most used features. So I agree, keep the squeeze feature!

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
If the 4 is the same size or smaller than the 3, the camera is amazing, and the price isn't ridiculous I may be interested. Would love to have a simple, single-button way to disable all the stupid "smart" stuff that just gets in the way of using the phone. I want more personal control and less AI control.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If they do a hole punch camera I really hope there is a way to do like Samsung with the S10 and make a notification ring around the camera.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Why hasn't a smartphone mfg not cut s notch in the edge of their phone, and put a pin in it like on a camera.
So you can put a wrist strap on it.
Do when taking a picture, you don't run the risk of dropping your phone ?

I ride a Harley, and my wife takes pictures or videos.
This sure would be a nice thing

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So toms guide, said no SD card.
The biggest pixel 4, only a 3800 ah battery

Seems like Samsung and a couple other companies hit 400 ah and above
So what's up with smaller batteries.
And no SD card.pixel don't look like they can fit everything in the phone yet.
Looks like they will.still be behind everybody no else.
And you ask what will it take.
Hire some smartphone engineers that can spec phones out.

A lot of people likes to put a SD card in their laptop and load music on it.
Then put the SD card in their phone and listen to the music.
Don't be they see everybody listening to music with ear buds.
So they don't want to put a SD card in.
And don't want to put at least a 4000 ah battery in.

And they want us to tell them what will it take.
Answer me this.
Ain't they supposed to be the phone builders.
Man Please.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood