What will it take to get you interested in a Pixel 4/4XL?

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Personally I’d much rather they keep the frame the same colour as the rest of the device but stay with the dual-tone rear panel. It’s a shame that the latter is being gotten rid of.

No matter what they do, some will complain, some will like, and some will care less. I'd love to know the % of phones that are uncased so the color really matters.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, if it weren't for the 90Hz display (assuming it ends up being true), I don't think I would upgrade from the 3 to the 4. Namely, it's missing an ultra wide angled lens on the back. Nearly every important competitor has this feature now, and Google -- the camera leader -- likely won't. And will there be any meaningful upgrade to video recording? This needs to be talked about more in the "best smartphone camera." Video is part of the camera. And Google has yet to inspire hope in better battery life.

These things give me reservation about an upgrade. But man, 90Hz display... that may just win me over. It would be the one feature worth having right away.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Honestly, if it weren't for the 90Hz display (assuming it ends up being true), I don't think I would upgrade from the 3 to the 4. Namely, it's missing an ultra wide angled lens on the back. Nearly every important competitor has this feature now, and Google -- the camera leader -- likely won't. And will there be any meaningful upgrade to video recording? This needs to be talked about more in the "best smartphone camera." Video is part of the camera. And Google has yet to inspire hope in better battery life.

These things give me reservation about an upgrade. But man, 90Hz display... that may just win me over. It would be the one feature worth having right away.
I definitely like the 90hz screen on my 1+7 pro, glad Google will be doing this.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So long as I can make a slap gesture to hang up for any spam calls I'm sold. I look forward to Harry Potter like moves on the Pixel 4. :p

But seriously I'm mostly excited about the refresh rate on the screen but I'm dreading if the front facing speakers are going away. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma