What will it take to get you interested in a Pixel 4/4XL?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
6GB is the minimum a flagship that costs $1,000 should have and I guess Google is happy with the minimum like they did with 4 GB in 2018 for Pixel 3. Greedy COEs LOL
That won't bother me too much on a pixel phone . I see your point though.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
6GB is the minimum a flagship that costs $1,000 should have and I guess Google is happy with the minimum like they did with 4 GB in 2018 for Pixel 3. Greedy COEs LOL
It's so expensive because you're having to pay for that "free" unlimited full resolution photo backup deal they get. Lol.

But seriously, look at the Asus ROG Phone 2 about to come out if you like gaming. 12 GB memory, 512 GB storage on the regular model, 1TB storage and faster modem on the Ultimate model, 120HZ screen, 240Hz touch sampling and otherwise optimized for quick responses, flat screen, front firing stereo speakers, dual headphone jacks, dual USB C ports, and more. It's most likely to be my next phone.

https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ROG-Phone-II/

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
It's so expensive because you're having to pay for that "free" unlimited full resolution photo backup deal they get. Lol.

But seriously, look at the Asus ROG Phone 2 about to come out if you like gaming. 12 GB memory, 512 GB storage on the regular model, 1TB storage and faster modem on the Ultimate model, 120HZ screen, 240Hz touch sampling and otherwise optimized for quick responses, flat screen, front firing stereo speakers, dual headphone jacks, dual USB C ports, and more. It's most likely to be my next phone.

https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ROG-Phone-II/
I am more than happy with my Note 10+. Amazing phone. 12gb of RAM. I am not a gamer. All what I was trying to say is 6gb of RAM is Google's way to being cheap. Pixel phones would be greatly more appealing with 8gb of RAM on the pixel 4.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am more than happy with my Note 10+. Amazing phone. 12gb of RAM. I am not a gamer. All what I was trying to say is 6gb of RAM is Google's way to being cheap. Pixel phones would be greatly more appealing with 8gb of RAM on the pixel 4.

And the first part of my comment was that it's partly expensive because they are including an additional service that they advertise as free but it has to be paid for somehow. Depending on how much you plan to utilize it, it may not be of any personal value to you, or it may be an exceptional value (I.e. You shoot a ton of 4k video). The price covers more than just one or two hardware components.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
And the first part of my comment was that it's partly expensive because they are including an additional service that they advertise as free but it has to be paid for somehow. Depending on how much you plan to utilize it, it may not be of any personal value to you, or it may be an exceptional value (I.e. You shoot a ton of 4k video). The price covers more than just one or two hardware components.
Yep, loved the free full resolution storage. I think I'll stick around with my Note 10+ until next year. A much more complete package in my opinion. 256gb FAST internal storage and 12gb of RAM alone is just awesome. That's not even talking about that beautiful design and screen. I am good for a while.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
What is google really offering that makes you want to go out and buy a new Pixel ?
And what they are offering, are you gonna really use it.

Is it worth the money.
To me , No.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, Google's only saving grace this year is the 90Hz screen.

Perhaps. I guess we'll see. There are some other potential items that folks may prefer, but obviously how much value they are is certainly specific to the individual:

- Face Unlock ( I prefer the FPS, but apparently many others don't)

- Lots of cool new camera stuff (Better Night Sight, "Motion mode" , "Audio zoom", " Live HDR", much better zoom, etc)

- Soli gestures (again, something I may not care much about depending on use cases, but others may)

- Live Captions (can't wait)

- 2nd Gen Google Assistant

Obviously, some of this may trickle eventually to other phones (captions, Asst), but there may be a few things to be excited about depending on your preferences.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Never use face unlock.
Don't want my face on the internet for things like that.

Most folks like using their hand on the phone

Don't care for gestures either.

Don't care for google assistant.

I just use O.K. google

A lot of the things should of been a software update.

Not just things in a new phone.

Just can't get excited about it for what they want for a upgrade.

Seems google didn't even try again this year.

Things we should of had in last years phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Never use face unlock.
Don't want my face on the internet for things like that.

Most folks like using their hand on the phone

Don't care for gestures either.

Don't care for google assistant.

I just use O.K. google

A lot of the things should of been a software update.

Not just things in a new phone.

Just can't get excited about it for what they want for a upgrade.

Seems google didn't even try again this year.

Things we should of had in last years phone.
What would you like them to have done?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh I told Google.
Go back to SD cards.
Make it with removable batteries. So you can use the battery of your choice.

Make a phone that the screen don't break when its dropped.
Make the back of the phone more durable.
Put more memory in it.
Bigger hard drives.
Screens you can see better in the sunlight.

Bring the prices back down some.
The carriers can't keep up with the phone mfg.
Why have they not updated the towers to 5 G more yet.

Totally unlock the phones.
Dang with paying good money and being tied to a carrier.

Would bet they know what to do.
But it would cut into their profit.
Look at the parts inside a phone.
Tell me they are worth what we pay for them.

The carriers want us to make monthly payment on them.
They had rather do that than sell phone for cash.

A lot of the things like Facial recognition.
Seems like its for the government.
And everywhere you go.
A camera can pick your face up and they can track everything you do.
No matter what state you are in.
The computers can find you.

Make the phones where you don't need a case.
They feel better naked.

More colors.
Why can't we have more control over what we have as in apps on our phones.
Pixel is closer than most people.

All Google would have to do is get on here and the folks would tell them what they like.