Google shares official render of the Pixel 4, confirms dual rear cameras

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I like it that there is no notch or punch wholes and have a small forehead bezel for the camera, speaker and all the sensors. And as long as they make the bottom tiny as well big enough just for the speaker that would be my favorite approach.

blckdmnd

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm digging the new look. Wasn't a fan of the two-tone design. Now just give me minimal bezels on the front (no notch, no punch hole, no weird pop up camera) and it'll be sweeeet

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
The rear lenses in a big corner box is pretty ugly. And the rest of the back is really boring. I don't want my Pixel to look like the next iPhone. :-(

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The rear lenses in a big corner box is pretty ugly. And the rest of the back is really boring. I don't want my Pixel to look like the next iPhone. :-(
I disagree but I didn't like the 2 tone previous pixel models best. I don't think for this one they could do that be sure if the large camera bump which is glass 2 so more shiny glass at the top like the pixel 3 for example with that big camera glass piece would look weird. I dig the bee look though it's different.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It's fine, except for no rear FPS (or none at all). Now if they just increase the battery capacity, that would help me get over the ridiculous lack of FPS.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I know it's just a render and things will change but not seeing a rear fingerprint sensor gave me a sad. I literally use it every time. I'm hoping they don't ditch it completely for facial recognition. If I were to guess, I'd say they'll do on-screen like Sammy and One+ which would suffice even though I feel the rear is far better placement.

I agree with you about the rear fingerprint sensor. I also use it for the drop down shade by swiping down on the sensor. I would miss being able to do that.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Luckily for Google, no matter what they do, the comments of tech blogs will hate it.

I have the Pixel 1, 2, and 3. They deserved the tech bloggers comments and if Google refreshes the Pixel and adds better hardware and larger battery, it might not be the best phone but it will be a great phone and will win over the bloggers that we all care and listen too. :)

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the Pixel 1, 2, and 3. They deserved the tech bloggers comments and if Google refreshes the Pixel and adds better hardware and larger battery, it might not be the best phone but it will be a great phone and will win over the bloggers that we all care and listen too. :)
I agree. What I'm looking for on the pixel 4 is: bigger battery, at least 2 rear cameras "preferably wide angle so I no longer need to carry my thick moments case and heavy wide angle lens with me on family trips", continue to have the front firing speakers "since I listen to podcasts when in the shower and at night while winding down to sleep as well as when I go cycling since it's dangerous to have headphones on and you won't be able to listen to your surroundings I like having my pixel 3 xl firing music out of the speakers it makes it much more enjoyable" and last but not least no notch "I'm okay with small bezels or O display like Samsung".

That's my wish list. Of course things like the already told display I'm not requesting bc I'm assuming it won't get worse.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you about the rear fingerprint sensor. I also use it for the drop down shade by swiping down on the sensor. I would miss being able to do that.

Especially when Pixel Launcher has no swipe down screen gesture for it either
When I got my Mate 20 Pro with the in screen FPS it took ages to get over not having notification swipe on the FPS but I got used to it eventually. Now I'm using the 3XL I keep forgetting the FPS is even on the back

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site

Sorry I'm referring to the comments sections in the articles - every leak is hyperpartisan, with some people that hate Google no matter what they do and some that can find no fault in Google no matter what, with the rest of us stuck in between wondering why mom and dad are fighting so much... :p

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Especially when Pixel Launcher has no swipe down screen gesture for it either
When I got my Mate 20 Pro with the in screen FPS it took ages to get over not having notification swipe on the FPS but I got used to it eventually. Now I'm using the 3XL I keep forgetting the FPS is even on the back

Android Q is suppose to add more gesture navigations, but I can't imagine what would take the the place of the swipe down on FPS.