New leak shows front of pixel 4

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I hope that's not the front.
I'm okay with it I think it looks great. If they have tons of sensors and cameras as well as the front firing speakers to fit then they need a little bit of a bezel to physically fit it. I for once think it's wayyyyyy better than any of the previous models and I actually like it better than the Samsung pinch o holes like cutouts.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm okay with it I think it looks great. If they have tons of sensors and cameras as well as the front firing speakers to fit then they need a little bit of a bezel to physically fit it. I for once think it's wayyyyyy better than any of the previous models and I actually like it better than the Samsung pinch o holes like cutouts.
The only that bothers me is the status bar is below the camera and kinda takes away from full screen look , I would like them stick to Samsung O- display I think it looks great. I mean it's not crazy bad to point I wouldn't buy it, but i like something different .

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The only that bothers me is the status bar is below the camera and kinda takes away from full screen look , I would like them stick to Samsung O- display I think it looks great. I mean it's not crazy bad to point I wouldn't buy it, but i like something different .
I'd be happy with either. The first renders with the samsung like o cutouts looked good not too disruptive, but I certainly do not mind these renders. Who knows which are even true for sure. There is still one render missing and j wouldn't be surprised if Google goes with the one that had not leaked yet. Supposedly they had 3 teams working on 3 different designs.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'd be happy with either. The first renders with the samsung like o cutouts looked good not too disruptive, but I certainly do not mind these renders. Who knows which are even true for sure. There is still one render missing and j wouldn't be surprised if Google goes with the one that had not leaked yet. Supposedly they had 3 teams working on 3 different designs.
True, see how it plays out when we get little more closer to them launching .

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of which approach they go with I'm excited especially for the rear cameras.

Only thing that bothers me about it is the size of the rear camera module bump (if it's as significant as displayed in the render shown in the linked site). That will induce some serious wobble on a table, especially with it being offset from center - they'd have done better to keep the 'wedge' shape to retain it flush with the back. The slight amount of additional internal volume could be used to accommodate a slightly larger battery.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Only thing that bothers me about it is the size of the rear camera module bump (if it's as significant as displayed in the render shown in the linked site). That will induce some serious wobble on a table, especially with it being offset from center - they'd have done better to keep the 'wedge' shape to retain it flush with the back. The slight amount of additional internal volume could be used to accommodate a slightly larger battery.

They want you to buy that $40 case. ;-)

I'm finding the back to be somewhere between boring and boaderline ugly. My panda P2xl I've got in a clear case to show off the design. If I get this P4 it'll probably go in one of their fabric cases.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a downward firing bottom speaker to me which would be a shame given the size of the chin.
I think the metal impressions unbox therapy had shower a speaker firing to the front at the bottom and one at the top based on what displayed for case makers to manufacture.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm totally OK with this look . I just hope they keep the forward firing speakers top and bottom . I much rather have good speakers than a hole punch design with crappy speakers .

I always use a speck case so the camera hump won't make a bit of difference to me

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This is just a render. But most likely it will look similar to this. I'm ok with it. Notches and punch holes drive me nuts.

liscon17

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
I agree , you think it be telephoto or wide angle?

I hope wide-angle myself but it was odd the hear Andrew Martonik and Jerry Hildabrant on the most recent episode of the podcast say that they think the second sensor will be a b&w one to be used for extra data only!

If Google chooses this route then I will definitely be disappointed, software can only do so much and with nearly every other flagship having 3 camera now, for the Pixel to only one in 2019 will be shocking.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
When composing a shot with my P2xl I have rarely wished I had a wide angle lens. But there have been a TON of times that I've either tried to use digital zoom or cropped a standard shot to get "closer" to a subject only to be greatly disappointed with the result. Having a zoom lens is the make or break item for me on the P4. Otherwise I'll just stick with my P2xl (which still works well) or look elsewhere.
There really is no excuse for the P4 to not have 3 rear lenses when every other flagship phone has this setup.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Won't have any wobble while I have a Moment case on this bad boy. I moved away from the Pixel 3 due to its limitations with hardware and now I am looking forward to what Google can do with the 4 and selling my Galaxy watch and S10 plus.

The Pixel 3 has a great camera and I took some great shots using the Moment lenses, here is hoping the Pixel 4 has the hardware and specs to put the phone where it should be, a halo device for Android imho.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I hope wide-angle myself but it was odd the hear Andrew Martonik and Jerry Hildabrant on the most recent episode of the podcast say that they think the second sensor will be a b&w one to be used for extra data only!

If Google chooses this route then I will definitely be disappointed, software can only do so much and with nearly every other flagship having 3 camera now, for the Pixel to only one in 2019 will be shocking.

I agree that would be shocking, I loved what they did with a single sensor , but now they need to show what 2 or 3 sensor can do with the team they have .

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
1. That is not a leak, that's a render based on other leaks that an artist put together.
2. We have to do something to prevent BGR from being shared anywhere, ever. Mainly to stop financially rewarding them for their contribution of fake news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37