09-11-2019 07:10 PM
50 12
tools
    1. That is not a leak, that's a render based on other leaks that an artist put together.
    2. We have to do something to prevent BGR from being shared anywhere, ever. Mainly to stop financially rewarding them for their contribution of fake news.
    Amen! Then again, somebody also needs to hose down overeager tech fans who happily ignore the fact that no other even semi-respectable online source is covering the same story!
    DMP89145, Golurk and elvee68 like this.
    06-20-2019 10:37 AM
    Amen! Then again, somebody also needs to hose down overeager tech fans who happily ignore the fact that no other even semi-respectable online source is covering the same story!
    Bingo! I stopped paying attention to BGR a long time ago.
    Golurk likes this.
    06-20-2019 04:40 PM
    I'm totally down with this: https://www.phonearena.com/news/Goog...table_id117012

Make it so, Google!

New leak shows front of pixel 4-pixel-4-3.png
    DamianP, ChuckG73 and Morty2264 like this.
    06-21-2019 10:35 AM
    I'm totally down with this: https://www.phonearena.com/news/Goog...table_id117012

Make it so, Google!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pixel-4-3.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	304627
    That WOULD be very nice! No notch and limited bezels.
    06-22-2019 07:41 PM
    I digs that.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-23-2019 03:16 AM
    That WOULD be very nice! No notch and limited bezels.
    Yup! If it looks similar to this then it's already a major improvement over that hideous 3XL.
    06-23-2019 06:55 PM

I really think this is the solution to a smartphone that still needs cameras and sensors on the front. No need for cutouts or notches that gain you so little extra screen space that it's not even worth it.

A small bezel near the top for the sensors (and good speakers) with thin side and bottom bezels is the way to go. You also keep the status bar in full this way and that allows for useful icons and information. Google has it figured out. It's simple and clean in its own way. The bit of off-symmetry is acceptable because if you can un-notice a notch or cut out, you can un-notice a slightly bigger top bezel.

Hope Google can execute on this design. I'm ready for a black Pixel 4 XL if they can pull this off.
    Ben_70 likes this.
    06-24-2019 12:17 AM
    I care less about bezels and the way Google handled it with the Pixel 3XL was a joke. They have 4 teams designing this phone and obviously some prototyping going on inside of Google. Please get this phone hardware and design right.
    06-25-2019 01:39 PM
    I really think this is the solution to a smartphone that still needs cameras and sensors on the front. No need for cutouts or notches that gain you so little extra screen space that it's not even worth it.

A small bezel near the top for the sensors (and good speakers) with thin side and bottom bezels is the way to go. You also keep the status bar in full this way and that allows for useful icons and information. Google has it figured out. It's simple and clean in its own way. The bit of off-symmetry is acceptable because if you can un-notice a notch or cut out, you can un-notice a slightly bigger top bezel.

Hope Google can execute on this design. I'm ready for a black Pixel 4 XL if they can pull this off.
    Also they can still keep to a large screen because the extra height of the bezel should not impact handling
    onthecouchagain likes this.
    06-25-2019 01:53 PM
    Bingo! I stopped paying attention to BGR a long time ago.
    Simple rule I follow in general - if a tech site doesn't allow comments on their articles, I usually pay little heed to. BGR not only puts out wildly speculative content, but has on several occasions published information that is objectively false, misleading consumers outright. I've even messaged the authors politely pointing out what I (generously) assumed was an error, referencing sources (OEM, FTC, etc) that cite the correct information, and asking that they update the article, but have never had any acknowledgement in form of reply or correction to article.

They're definitely one of the worst offenders.
    06-26-2019 08:54 AM
    Simple rule I follow in general - if a tech site doesn't allow comments on their articles, I usually pay little heed to. BGR not only puts out wildly speculative content, but has on several occasions published information that is objectively false, misleading consumers outright. I've even messaged the authors politely pointing out what I (generously) assumed was an error, referencing sources (OEM, FTC, etc) that cite the correct information, and asking that they update the article, but have never had any acknowledgement in form of reply or correction to article.

Exactly. BGR is clickbait. (Forbes isn’t far behind lately)
    DMP89145 and Golurk like this.
    06-26-2019 03:57 PM
    Yup! If it looks similar to this then it's already a major improvement over that hideous 3XL.
    Hmm. Do we know is this is the XL? Or just the 4..
    06-26-2019 03:58 PM

I guess we have to take these kind of "leaks" with a grain of salt. It's hard *not* to get excited when you see rumoured leaks; but it's safer to hold off until we see the phone advertised at launch.
    06-27-2019 08:10 PM
    Guaranteed they put another small battery in these
    06-28-2019 05:34 PM
    I guess we have to take these kind of "leaks" with a grain of salt. It's hard *not* to get excited when you see rumoured leaks; but it's safer to hold off until we see the phone advertised at launch.
    Although I like the renders currently out there. I would love the Pixel 4 as an upgrade, although I will have to wait a few months before considering it.
    06-28-2019 05:50 PM
    I am using an S10 Plus and I am looking forward to the Pixel 4 XL. It does not need to beat the S10 just catch up for me to make the switch and have the best camera. 😀
    Morty2264 and dmxjago like this.
    06-29-2019 07:16 AM
    Is the chin and forehead that big though? I mean, seriously. We have hit a serious point where exaggerating and hyperbole are the norm

Personally, I think the stupid punch hole is as bad or not wore than the craptacular notch.

I think the pop up camera is waiting for a phone to get dropped with it out, and a phone being rendered useless.

Full screen phones are hard to use with no bezel when gaming, and the hand cup thing to hold them sucks.

What is with people and the fascination with a full screen front, that's not a full screen since your youtube videos and games will have a big *** blank spot due to disruptions in the screen.
    07-09-2019 05:15 AM
    Bezels do not bother me, 4 gb of memory and bad mics bother me much more...
    chevyman29 and dmxjago like this.
    07-09-2019 05:23 AM
    Exactly. BGR is clickbait. (Forbes isn’t far behind lately)
    I actually told my Google feed that I don't want to see articles from BGR because of how much click bait and fake need they publish.
    dsignori and Golurk like this.
    07-09-2019 06:46 AM

Make it so, Google!

If that’s what the Pixel 4 (XL) looks like then Google has certainly improved on its design from the 3. I wish the side bezels were a little thinner, but it looks great!

As for BGR...well, clickbait and fake news comes to mind immediately. Chris Smith, Zach Epstein and the fanboy in charge Jonathan Geller are the worst, Android-hating Apple sheep disguised as tech-journalists I have ever seen. BGR is currently blocked on my news feeds.
    08-17-2019 05:29 AM
    Has anyone heard about the fingerprint scanner? Is it in-display? I've read that the Pixel 4 will have new face unlock technology but that's not my thing, personally.
    09-08-2019 01:59 PM
    Doubtful it will have one. It appears Google is going to heavily advertise the face unlock. Plus to keep the price down I don't think they'd drop in 2 expensive forms of unlocking mechanism.
    09-08-2019 06:14 PM
    Has anyone heard about the fingerprint scanner? Is it in-display? I've read that the Pixel 4 will have new face unlock technology but that's not my thing, personally.
    I think they going stick with face unlock.
    09-08-2019 06:16 PM
    I definitely dig this front much nicer than the previous models. I don't mind a small tiny forehead and chin if it means no notch, cameras, front firing speakers. Google yes sign me up.

https://bgr.com/2019/06/17/pixel-4-r...google-teaser/
    The bezels are there but don't look bad at all IMO. I think I could go with that.
    09-11-2019 06:29 PM
    I think they going stick with face unlock.
    Blah. I'll wait for review videos before I make a final judgment.
    09-11-2019 07:10 PM
50 12