07-17-2019 05:30 AM
107 ... 2345
tools
    The fact of the matter is Google needs to taco up the hardware this year.
    07-09-2019 05:32 AM
    The fact of the matter is Google needs to taco up the hardware this year.
    I've never heard the word taco used in that form
    07-09-2019 09:15 PM
    I don't think you should criticize anyone here if they spent whatever amount on their Google phone.
    It may have 4gb ram but it doesn't lag and it's very fluid.
    It has ip68 water resistant
    One best display on market when released
    3 years of software support not to mention on time security updates
    Wireless charging
    The most secured Android phone
    Front and back glass design
    Better Al intergration
    One of the best camera on smart phone if not the best
    Battery last all day
    One of louder speakers on a phone

If you dont like Google that's fine..

iPhone has 4gb ram but that's ok because it's iOS and apple controls it's software and hardware. News flash Google owns Android and pixel that's why it works very well .

Wheres the short cuts Google making?
    Because you don't like it's design or it has 4gb ram means they short change people , don't work that way.
    Ironically my S10+ with 8GBs has been crashing Spotify quite often. The song just stops playing. When I go to restart it I'm back at the beginning of the song.

Maybe 8GBs is too much RAM.....lol
    dmxjago, DMP89145 and TraderGary like this.
    07-09-2019 09:18 PM
    Ironically my S10+ with 8GBs has been crashing Spotify quite often. The song just stops playing. When I go to restart it I'm back at the beginning of the song.

07-09-2019 09:24 PM
    I was all over the Samsung stuff for years even had the s8 9 10e and the 10 .they were OK . but I use my p3 for my everyday phone it just works better . The shutter speed can't be beat on the camera .
    Let's point out that even the s10 still doesn't charge as fast as the p3 nor does the camera work as fast or as good . And why does the always on display not turn off ? How dumb is that ?
    For all the hate I see about the p3 mine has performed just as well day in and day out as the 10e and the regular 10 both with 8 gigs of ram I might add. And yes I own both of these phones .
    dmxjago and elvee68 like this.
    07-09-2019 10:35 PM
    https://www.androidcentral.com/edito...disappointment

I agree with a whole lot of that article. Alex seems to be right in the money.

Sub-par hardware just isn't good enough. And it seems like the Pixel 4 will be following it's predecessors footsteps.
    I don't exactly understand what people are looking for when they want some new gimmicky crap... The Galaxy series will wirelessly charge another device I have no need for that kind of crap. I want a phone that will take amazing photos very easily. The pixel series does that for me. Also does not inundate me with a bunch of other garbage that I don't need. It works works seamlessly with out a bunch of stuff installed.

This thing is not going to go exercise for you if that is what you are waiting for people. It's not going to need a laser pointer either.

So the editors of this magazine are ridiculous posting articles about a phone that's not even released yet saying it is going to be a disappointment. Their reporting is a disappointment. The writers have nothing else to write about they're creating articles about the same thing. Maybe they should write about iPhone here if they're looking for people to jump on the bandwagon about not liking a new phone.
    07-10-2019 09:33 AM
    I don't exactly understand what people are looking for when they want some new gimmicky crap... The Galaxy series will wirelessly charge another device I have no need for that kind of crap. I want a phone that will take amazing photos very easily. The pixel series does that for me. Also does not inundate me with a bunch of other garbage that I don't need. It works works seamlessly with out a bunch of stuff installed.

This thing is not going to go exercise for you if that is what you are waiting for people. It's not going to need a laser pointer either.

So the editors of this magazine are ridiculous posting articles about a phone that's not even released yet saying it is going to be a disappointment. Their reporting is a disappointment. The writers have nothing else to write about they're creating articles about the same thing. Maybe they should write about iPhone here if they're looking for people to jump on the bandwagon about not liking a new phone.
    Gotta keep that click revenue coming...I will never forget that Pokemon onslaught they did a while back. Turned me away for a while.
    milehigherik likes this.
    07-10-2019 10:32 AM
    Hahaha , good point

07-10-2019 10:34 AM

Bit aggressive! While I understand that the criticism seems a bit premature, the truth is that when other brands have had modern designs for years it makes Google's efforts seem a bit lacklustre (Pixel 3 bezels, 3XL notch, 4 XL top bezel).

And not everyone has identical demands when it comes to smartphone features. You may want a phone that works well and has a good camera, but others might also want cool features that you think are 'crap'.

Remember, just because an article doesn't conform with your view doesn't mean it's bad. The internet would be incredibly boring if everyone had the same view.
    Ben_70 likes this.
    07-11-2019 09:11 AM
    Bit aggressive! While I understand that the criticism seems a bit premature, the truth is that when other brands have had modern designs for years it makes Google's efforts seem a bit lacklustre (Pixel 3 bezels, 3XL notch, 4 XL top bezel).

And not everyone has identical demands when it comes to smartphone features. You may want a phone that works well and has a good camera, but others might also want cool features that you think are 'crap'.

Remember, just because an article doesn't conform with your view doesn't mean it's bad. The internet would be incredibly boring if everyone had the same view.
    I agree that being said for me I'm happy with a top bezel and short chin. I do wish the forehead could be as small as the chin then it would be perfect. I don't mind the current look on the renders if it means I get front facing firing speakers and will make watching YouTube videos a little better so I don't accidentally touch the screen, however, I'd still prefer a full display or near full display if they were able to keep the speakers and cameras in the front.
    07-11-2019 10:24 AM

I don't understand your post. Are you saying @milehigherik is allowed to disagree with the editorial, or that he's not allowed to disagree with the editorial, IYO?
    07-11-2019 11:34 AM
    Another new render. I like the look. Although j hate BGR.com bct they are known for reporting fake tech news or news by non creditable sources these renders seem to be in line with the already leaked images recently.

https://bgr.com/2019/07/11/pixel-4-r...al-photo-leak/
    07-11-2019 03:51 PM
    Personally I don't mind the look of the Pixel 4 leaks. A small chin makes it look better and the top bezel is ok. The large camera bump is a bit ugly but I don't mind it too much. I think all this pixel hate is a bit childish at times. I like the experience on my P2 XL and it has been great right from the start. I still love using my phone even after 18 months and I am hoping to get the P4 when the price comes down in early 2020. I won't get a pre-order this time like I did with the P2 XL. I will wait for the issues to be sorted and then look to get one with some money off.
    07-12-2019 04:02 AM
    One word why the Pixel 4 will not disappoint and will be internally upgraded this year......"Stadia". I have a good feeling we are all going to be pleasantly surprised with how awesome this next Pixel is going to perform.
    dmxjago likes this.
    07-12-2019 05:28 AM
    Personally I don't mind the look of the Pixel 4 leaks. A small chin makes it look better and the top bezel is ok. The large camera bump is a bit ugly but I don't mind it too much. I think all this pixel hate is a bit childish at times. I like the experience on my P2 XL and it has been great right from the start. I still love using my phone even after 18 months and I am hoping to get the P4 when the price comes down in early 2020. I won't get a pre-order this time like I did with the P2 XL. I will wait for the issues to be sorted and then look to get one with some money off.
    I read an article somewhere a couple of days ago stating that the camera bump is not as bad as it looks in pics that in person it actually does stick out as much. It just looks that way in photos.
    07-12-2019 05:40 AM
    the S10 has a camera bump works perfect with a case so no worries on the bump for me
    07-12-2019 06:46 AM
    Curious to see what Moment case will look like, it better not make my lenses obsolete 😀
    07-12-2019 06:48 AM
    I don't understand your post. Are you saying @milehigherik is allowed to disagree with the editorial, or that he's not allowed to disagree with the editorial, IYO?
    I was just explaining the mindset of most people when they criticise Google Pixels' design (aka why). It is important to look at the bigger picture (in this case Google has decent designs, but everyone else has much more modern/better designs which is why Google is being chided for their efforts)
    07-13-2019 11:49 AM
    The Pixel 4 is interesting but I will wait and see for it to come out in the fall before passing judgement. I will probably pass on it though, I have my eye on the S10e (never thought I'd go for that brand!). But I'm still loving my Pixel 2 and will be very excited to hold the smaller Pixel 4 in the hand in stores!
    07-13-2019 12:23 PM
    I like the look of the 4 assuming that's what we get. I just hope for better internals. The performance of my 3 is pretty crappy for a phone I've had for 9 months
    ChuckG73 likes this.
    07-13-2019 12:47 PM
    I like the look of the 4 assuming that's what we get. I just hope for better internals. The performance of my 3 is pretty crappy for a phone I've had for 9 months
    Same for me or the looks are the same as the renders I'll get it. But if the internals are not upgraded and I don't mean the chip bc we know the processor will as always but I'm referring more to the Ram. At lest 6gb. I still get apps closing when I use the camera. Not as bad but still happens.
    07-13-2019 12:51 PM
    I just wish Google would share its brilliant camera software with all Android users on the Play Store. It would be a nice reward for Android loyalty. No I'm not interested in side loading it but thanks for the thought.
    ChuckG73 likes this.
    07-13-2019 01:56 PM
    Omg just notice a fine print good through August 2019 mother fu#3$s. I have everything I don't need any Google products. Ughhhhh what a scam they are giving me less than 2 months to use wow. Going to log a ticket and see if they will let me extend it.
    If they don't let you extend it, scam them right back. Buy something and then immediately return it unopened for store credit! Then use the store credit on your Pixel 4.
    milehigherik likes this.
    07-13-2019 01:59 PM
    Regardless I'm jumping ship on the pixel 4 xl. I've been using a Google phone since the nexus 6p and I like what the pixel has become. Although I wish they were on par with competition I'm still a fan.

Is that what "Jumping Ship" means?
    07-14-2019 10:02 AM
    I just wish Google would share its brilliant camera software with all Android users on the Play Store. It would be a nice reward for Android loyalty. No I'm not interested in side loading it but thanks for the thought.
    Why would Google spend money porting their software and give away their signature tech to other Android OEMs? That's their main advantage.
    07-15-2019 08:01 PM
107 ... 2345