Op Ed: Google's Looming Pixel 4 disappointment

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Would be funny if the image Google leaked were not the final product and they were actually going with the first renders. Kind of like the Samsung like O display and the first dual rear camera setup better but I doubt it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well we kind of already know that we are getting a rear telephoto lens most likely based on the APK code that was decompiled I think by xda. Still hate side or rear facing speakers when watching YouTube.
I hope not.... telephoto is not as useful for most people over wide. Both would be OK but if only one, wide would be my choice

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Would be funny if the image Google leaked were not the final product and they were actually going with the first renders. Kind of like the Samsung like O display and the first dual rear camera setup better but I doubt it.
These recent leaks , are they credible places?

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
https://www.androidcentral.com/editors-desk-googles-looming-pixel-4-disappointment

I agree with a whole lot of that article. Alex seems to be right in the money.

Sub-par hardware just isn't good enough. And it seems like the Pixel 4 will be following it's predecessors footsteps.

Google needs to realize it's no separate "android" experience and it's not gonna work trying to copy I phone. The iPhone has specific apps that cater to IOS user, continuity, and good quality hardware. Google needs to wake up, the cheap hardware, low ram and stock android isn't enough, the "user experience" ain't all that and people see that.

Go Samsung route or stay on the 3a and 3axl path and cater to the lower end market.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Google needs to realize it's no separate "android" experience and it's not gonna work trying to copy I phone. The iPhone has specific apps that cater to IOS user, continuity, and good quality hardware. Google needs to wake up, the cheap hardware, low ram and stock android isn't enough, the "user experience" ain't all that and people see that.

Go Samsung route or stay on the 3a and 3axl path and cater to the lower end market.
Show me the cheap hardware. I have models of all 3 brands you mentioned and the build quality is very close.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Show me the cheap hardware. I have models of all 3 brands you mentioned and the build quality is very close.

Don't have too, the hardware complaints and pixels dying are a known issue. Apple and Samsung phones rarely die (Note 7) and a few iphone models.

Truth is Google cuts corners on the pixel, lesser quality screen, low ram, it's pretty simple.

I'm no pixel fanboy I always felt it was just a way to target the forum phone guys...

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

You sound nutty as a fruitcake.

Don't have too, the hardware complaints and pixels dying are a known issue. Apple and Samsung phones rarely die (Note 7) and a few iphone models.

Truth is Google cuts corners on the pixel, lesser quality screen, low ram, it's pretty simple.

Straight fruitcake.

The simple fact that there are more Pixels in the wild today than there were 3 years ago means it was worth doing exactly as they have done it so far, by definition.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Buddy you paid 1000 bucks for phone with 4 gigs of RAM, a lesser bright screen than Samsung's when Samsung makes the screen, no face unlock and a hardware failure a few months ago, I'm not the fruitcake here sir.

Truth is you guys will cape for Google over and over, apple would have gotten dragged through the mud for the same issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Buddy you paid 1000 bucks for phone with 4 gigs of RAM, a lesser bright screen than Samsung's when Samsung makes the screen, no face unlock and a hardware failure a few months ago, I'm not the fruitcake here sir.

Truth is you guys will cape for Google over and over, apple would have gotten dragged through the mud for the same issue.
I don't think you should criticize anyone here if they spent whatever amount on their Google phone.
It may have 4gb ram but it doesn't lag and it's very fluid.
It has ip68 water resistant
One best display on market when released
3 years of software support not to mention on time security updates
Wireless charging
The most secured Android phone
Front and back glass design
Better Al intergration
One of the best camera on smart phone if not the best
Battery last all day
One of louder speakers on a phone

If you dont like Google that's fine..

iPhone has 4gb ram but that's ok because it's iOS and apple controls it's software and hardware. News flash Google owns Android and pixel that's why it works very well .

Wheres the short cuts Google making?
Because you don't like it's design or it has 4gb ram means they short change people , don't work that way.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you should criticize anyone here if they spent whatever amount on their Google phone.
It may have 4gb ram but it doesn't lag and it's very fluid.
It has ip68 water resistant
One best display on market when released
3 years of software support not to mention on time security updates
Wireless charging
The most secured Android phone
Front and back glass design
Better Al intergration
One of the best camera on smart phone if not the best
Battery last all day
One of louder speakers on a phone

If you dont like Google that's fine..

iPhone has 4gb ram but that's ok because it's iOS and apple controls it's software and hardware. News flash Google owns Android and pixel that's why it works very well .

Wheres the short cuts Google making?
Because you don't like it's design or it has 4gb ram means they short change people , don't work that way.
Ironically my S10+ with 8GBs has been crashing Spotify quite often. The song just stops playing. When I go to restart it I'm back at the beginning of the song.

Maybe 8GBs is too much RAM.....lol

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I was all over the Samsung stuff for years even had the s8 9 10e and the 10 .they were OK . but I use my p3 for my everyday phone it just works better . The shutter speed can't be beat on the camera .
Let's point out that even the s10 still doesn't charge as fast as the p3 nor does the camera work as fast or as good . And why does the always on display not turn off ? How dumb is that ?
For all the hate I see about the p3 mine has performed just as well day in and day out as the 10e and the regular 10 both with 8 gigs of ram I might add. And yes I own both of these phones .