11-04-2019 03:44 PM
299 123 ...
tools
    https://www.androidcentral.com/edito...disappointment

I agree with a whole lot of that article. Alex seems to be right in the money.

Sub-par hardware just isn't good enough. And it seems like the Pixel 4 will be following its predecessors footsteps.
    Vega007, recDNA and bbhybridchris like this.
    07-07-2019 05:02 PM
    https://www.androidcentral.com/edito...disappointment

I agree with a whole lot of that article. Alex seems to be right in the money.

Sub-par hardware just isn't good enough. And it seems like the Pixel 4 will be following it's predecessors footsteps.
    I think a telephoto lens is cool but me personally would or loved a wide angle.
    mustang7757, Bkdodger1 and DamianP like this.
    07-07-2019 05:10 PM
    Alex must've been drunk and typing in the middle of the night on 30 mins sleep or something. Man sounds delirious..
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-07-2019 06:44 PM
    I think a telephoto lens is cool but me personally would or loved s wide angle.
    Hope telephoto is like Huawei)
    Ben_70 likes this.
    07-07-2019 06:51 PM
    I think a telephoto lens is cool but me personally would or loved s wide angle.
    How do we know they aren't going with wide
    07-07-2019 06:53 PM
    Been mentioned telephoto recently
    How do we know they aren't going with wide
    07-07-2019 06:57 PM
    Been mentioned telephoto recently
    The closer I get to the next launch of anything, the more hesitant I become to make a move. I say this because of I'm sitting with a 3XL and an S10+ combined with Moment Tele, Wide and an Anamorphic lens and the best of audio listening gear. The only thing I'm missing is an S pen but it's not something I need. I've got every angle covered and I didn't even mention the work iPhone....oops!! now I did.
    mustang7757 and chevyman29 like this.
    07-07-2019 07:38 PM
    The closer I get to the next launch of anything, the more hesitant I become to make a move. I say this because of I'm sitting with a 3XL and an S10+ combined with Moment Tele, Wide and an Anamorphic lens and the best of audio listening gear. The only thing I'm missing is an S pen but it's not something I need. I've got every angle covered and I didn't even mention the work iPhone....oops!! now I did.
    I agree with you , my phones I own satisfy me for now , but when launch date comes that might change .
    07-07-2019 07:40 PM
    I agree with you , my phones I own satisfy me for now , but when launch date comes that might change .
    You won't be able to resist the temptation....it's not a bad thing....it's just a thing.
    Note 10 Pro coming at ya'
    One thing's for sure..... Don't underestimate the Pixel 4.
    07-07-2019 07:43 PM
    Alex must've been drunk and typing in the middle of the night on 30 mins sleep or something. Man sounds delirious..
    I think he raises really good points. Google is trying to make the Pixel similar tot he iPhone, however it's just an Android phone in a sea of Android phones. I also agree that Google being stubborn on hardware isn't doing them any favours.

Feel free to discuss your opinion though - that's what a message board is about.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    07-07-2019 07:55 PM
    I think he raises really good points. Google is trying to make the Pixel similar tot he iPhone, however it's just an Android phone in a sea of Android phones. I also agree that Google being stubborn on hardware isn't doing them any favours.

Feel free to discuss your opinion though - that's what a message board is about.
    Alex quite simply is talking populist for a headline and some clicks. He doesn't make any points or drive the discussion forward in any way.

He's basically saying the same thing as the pundits and naysayers. "GoOgLe NeEdS tO sTeP uP iN hArDwArE" or what?!?!? Google doesn't depend on hardware sales. It's not even a line item for them. They should follow their own objectives whatever they may be.
    bhatech and osubeavs728 like this.
    07-07-2019 08:23 PM
    You won't be able to resist the temptation....it's not a bad thing....it's just a thing.
    Note 10 Pro coming at ya'
    One thing's for sure..... Don't underestimate the Pixel 4.
    Both on my radar
    anon(10092459) likes this.
    07-07-2019 08:55 PM
    Regardless I'm jumping ship on the pixel 4 xl. I've been using a Google phone since the nexus 6p and I like what the pixel has become. Although I wish they were on par with competition I'm still a fan.
    07-07-2019 08:59 PM
    Alex quite simply is talking populist for a headline and some clicks. He doesn't make any points or drive the discussion forward in any way.

He's basically saying the same thing as the pundits and naysayers. "GoOgLe NeEdS tO sTeP uP iN hArDwArE" or what?!?!? Google doesn't depend on hardware sales. It's not even a line item for them. They should follow their own objectives whatever they may be.
    Alex is just feeding the wolves scraps.
    I ought to know... I was raised by wolves
    anon(10092459) and bhatech like this.
    07-07-2019 09:12 PM
    Regardless I'm jumping ship on the pixel 4 xl. I've been using a Google phone since the nexus 6p and I like what the pixel has become. Although I wish they were on par with competition I'm still a fan.
    I'm trying to figure out how Moment will adapt a case for it.
    07-07-2019 09:14 PM
    Alex is just feeding the wolves scraps.
    I ought to know... I was raised by wolves
    Lol!! Well have you danced with wolves? Now THAT is some true hound-dogging .. Lol!!

Alex is throwing chum in the water with that drive by piece. Typed a whole bunch of words and didn't say anything. Made zero poins.
    07-07-2019 09:17 PM
    I'm trying to figure out how Moment will adapt a case for it.
    I'm sure they will figure it out , otherwise bring to my shop we rig something up
    07-07-2019 09:17 PM
    I'm sure they will figure it out , otherwise bring to my shop we rig something up
    Yes...baby...Yes
    07-07-2019 09:18 PM
    Lmfao
    Yes...baby...Yes
    07-07-2019 09:27 PM

Well the Pixel 3 line failed to sell well (supposedly sold less than the 2) and while Google's main line of income doesn't rely on Pixel sales, I do think that Google want a large, profitable flagship phone line. Otherwise what's the point - just stick with the 'a' line of phones for the mid-tier market.

And I think the crux of the article was that Google are trying to be Apple, but the Pixel is an Android phone in a sea of Android phones. There's no real USP. The camera is good, but it's not a massive difference from the competition. Software/UI is another, but it's hard to advertise/convince someone to purchase a phone because it has a 'pure Pixel experience'. Then when it comes to hardware, Google has consistently been behind the 8-ball there and consumers could easily compare the Pixel to any other flagship and see the other flagship has better specs. Yes that doesn't necessarily translate to a better experience, but how do you convince someone of that?

I think it's entirely fair to suggest that of Google are charging premium prices for their flagship phones, that it should have premium specifications that improve the experience. And that hardware does matter.
    07-07-2019 10:49 PM
    Well the Pixel 3 line failed to sell well (supposedly sold less than the 2) and while Google's main line of income doesn't rely on Pixel sales, I do think that Google want a large, profitable flagship phone line. Otherwise what's the point - just stick with the 'a' line of phones for the mid-tier market.

And I think the crux of the article was that Google are trying to be Apple, but the Pixel is an Android phone in a sea of Android phones. There's no real USP. The camera is good, but it's not a massive difference from the competition. Software/UI is another, but it's hard to advertise/convince someone to purchase a phone because it has a 'pure Pixel experience'. Then when it comes to hardware, Google has consistently been behind the 8-ball there and consumers could easily compare the Pixel to any other flagship and see the other flagship has better specs. Yes that doesn't necessarily translate to a better experience, but how do you convince someone of that?

I think it's entirely fair to suggest that of Google are charging premium prices for their flagship phones, that it should have premium specifications that improve the experience. And that hardware does matter.
    Well said.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-07-2019 10:57 PM

You do bring up some valid points , but you don't think the pixel 4 will be a improvement?
    dmxjago likes this.
    07-07-2019 11:07 PM
    You do bring up some valid points , but you don't think the pixel 4 will be a improvement?
    I think this year they will almost nail it if the specs are competitive.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-07-2019 11:18 PM
    I think this year they will almost nail it if the specs are competitive.
    Definitely think so also , either way I'm a pixel for life lol
    hannsoft and milehigherik like this.
    07-07-2019 11:28 PM
    OZ didn't give nothing to the the tinman that he didn't already have..........or to put it simply... the article tells us nothing we don't already know
    and the author as well as no one else has a crystal ball with which to predict the future.
    anon(10092459) and jamezr like this.
    07-07-2019 11:51 PM
299 123 ...