Are media smoking crack?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Same as Golfdriver97. What do I get, aside from a slightly faster SoC, that I don't have on my 2 with the Camera 3 port? I still have 2 major updates left, and if the 6 doesn't have anything interesting in hardware, I'll keep waiting. (Or maybe eventually order the then-current Pixel, or whatever they'll call it by then, if the firmware changes enough to warrant it. That's easier than pulling the HAL off the 2 and porting it to AOSP 12 or 13 or ...)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I swear, @billchat and I are cousins I tell ya. I am in the same boat. Telling myself, I'm going to wait until Black Friday, Nov 29th this year, before I pull the trigger. But we'll see how it goes. I actually don't think that we'll see the same deep discounts we saw last year on the holiday. We'll see if I stick to that ...
I'm just waiting for @mustang7757 to get a BOGO and give me the free one. My daughter needs new shoes for college. ..can't afford anything else.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Not having dual front firing speakers is a design flaw in my OPINION for the ways I use my phone. All pixels may have ram management issues but it's not affecting me in the ways I use my phone . Just because Google isn't just copying whatever Samsung does now there designs are 2 years old ? The s9 had a decent size top bezel just last year .....
If you wanna cry about something cry about the curved screens on the galaxy's and the crappy software , witch IMHO is a way bigger deal than a bezel.
For the 6 or 8 gigs of ram my s10 has it still has screen redraws just like my pixel 3 . So what's the difference ?

Do I want the best screen , best speakers , best cameras , best battery , best software , best everything I certainly do , will any phone maker deliver all of that in one phone NO . the pixels for me are the best compromise . Try not to let the bezels bother you so much . Have a nice day.

When it comes to any of these devices there's a whole lot of nitpicking going on and everyone thinks their opinion is what matters. Truth be told only your own opinion is what matters.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
So who's going to pre-order the pixel 4 when it arrives?
I'll probably wait a month or 2

I'll probably wait a month or two this time as well, might not be able to do that lol.

Usually the Pixel phone is my one treat to myself for a year and I've already bought a Pixel Slate and pre ordered Stadia.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'll probably wait a month or two this time as well, might not be able to do that lol.

Usually the Pixel phone is my one treat to myself for a year and I've already bought a Pixel Slate and pre ordered Stadia.
Yeah might save some money by waiting, but if you resist the urge lol

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Very cool. Just hope this doesn't push the price up too much.
Bringing back memories of my Moto x with the hand waive. :)

Last edited:

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

So what do you peeps think about this new early open marketing with the Pixel 4?

My opinion is it's genius. The 3 didn't sell that well, the 3a did, getting the Google experience into many more hands. Plus that damn fine camera.

Was the 3a a moderate way to get more people to see what Google is doing to bait them into what I consider a huge leap forward with the 4?

Before I knew Soli was going to be in the 4 I was really thinking about skipping a generation for the first time. My 3 XL is still doing great. "For me" Soli is a game changer. I could have skipped the 3 as I loved the 2 and I probably should have.

The thing is that the 3 didn't really have much more new tech than the 2 did but the 4 really seems to be bringing the hammer on change.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Agree, the early "official leaks" is a great move by Google as it is building anticipation/excitement (although I thought there would be a lot more comments in this forum after yesterday's announcement).
For me, Soli is cool but not quite a game changer. I'll use it but I can't imagine that it will drastically change the way I use my phone. And I sure hope this new tech doesn't bump the price up $200-300 over what they charged for the P3.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm still on the fence for Stadia

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
After playing with the Pixel 3a XL for a few days, I have re-learned 2 things.
The XL model is too big for me
Wireless charging matters

Therefore, when the P4 is available for ordering, I will order it. P4 64 GB Just Black and a Spigen P4 Slim Armor case in black. If the Purple-ish color is available on the P4, I'll go with that and a clear case.

I said it, I'm gonna do it, and I now feel like a warm summer rain has washed the Pixel 4 Problem from my mind.I needed this.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Needs horns to be considered modern
NBxZLFk.jpg

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
After playing with the Pixel 3a XL for a few days, I have re-learned 2 things.
The XL model is too big for me
Wireless charging matters

Therefore, when the P4 is available for ordering, I will order it. P4 64 GB Just Black and a Spigen P4 Slim Armor case in black. If the Purple-ish color is available on the P4, I'll go with that and a clear case.

I said it, I'm gonna do it, and I now feel like a warm summer rain has washed the Pixel 4 Problem from my mind.I needed this.

You mentioned the most important thing ,"Purpleish"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt