855 plus

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It would be a big plus, to be certain, mitigating against the negative of using an on-the-way-out processor. Honestly, with it being touted as being a large improvement for gaming, Google will really be shooting itself in the foot if it excludes it, given the huge push for Stadia gaming.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Didn't Google use a slightly upgraded processor in the original pixel ? The 821 versus the 820?
Am I remembering that right?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
We are just getting 6gb of ram. I wouldn't put too much trust ion google giving us something recent. If they could they would probably give us last years chipset.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I would.think it would be all based on supply, if the 855 plus is plentiful enough to fill orders then yeah if not then google won't include the updated chip.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
We are just getting 6gb of ram. I wouldn't put too much trust ion google giving us something recent. If they could they would probably give us last years chipset.

Sticking with 4GB of RAM last year was a mistake for a flagship, but 6 should easily meet app demands if Google can get their memory management functioning properly. If not, even going to 8 or more would only delay the onset of issues.
Otherwise, jumping beyond that to 8, 12, etc, is still more of an effort to win a spec war than bang for the buck in performance in a phone.

I would.think it would be all based on supply, if the 855 plus is plentiful enough to fill orders then yeah if not then google won't include the updated chip.

With companies like Asus, who touts much smaller unit sales volume, launching 855+ phones possibly within the next month, I don't think supply will be a concern - Qualcomm will have had a couple more months to ramp up production.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes and everyone has wanted that every year since and has not gotten it, so I have given up hope. Every year is the Pixel going to have an upgraded CPU? nope.

Now don't get me wrong I am pulling for the Pixel 4 and want it to have the updated chip set, large battery, best cameras, minimum of 6 gb of memory and minimum 128 Gb of storage. I want it to be the best phone I can own for a year or two.

Time will tell, I do not think it will though and I will just hold on to my S10 +.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
5G would be of no interest to me.
It will be a long time before they ever get 5G to where I am.

And if the processor is fast as heck
What difference does it make if you don't live in a major city.
The carriers just take too long to update their equiptment.

And unless you live where you can get faster internet that ain't 150.00 and up a month.
Who wants to pay for it.

The carriers can't Keep up with the phones that they make.
So a faster processor will not do me any good to play.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
No 855 plus for PIxel 4 :(
Can you really tell the difference or is it just a want? Over the last 4 years I've never noticed any difference in speed using a device. Maybe on a benchmark test you can see it and or side by side testing, but I have never said "Gee, my phones too slow".

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Can you really tell the difference or is it just a want? Over the last 4 years I've never noticed any difference in speed using a device. Maybe on a benchmark test you can see it and or side by side testing, but I have never said "Gee, my phones too slow".
I went from a Galaxy S9+ with a Snapdragon 845 and 6GB of RAM to the Pixel 3aXL with a Snapdragon 670 and 4GB of RAM, and God's honest truth, I cannot tell a difference.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That chip is meant for the gaming and similar demanding markets that want/need every bit of power they can get, so I doubt the average user would see a difference. If you are running the more advanced game, then you could see a difference.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That chip is meant for the gaming and similar demanding markets that want/need every bit of power they can get, so I doubt the average user would see a difference. If you are running the more advanced game, then you could see a difference.
Maybe, but as a general rule whether you have last year's Qualcomm or this year's I doubt anyone can tell without measuring or side by side comparisons. Even then its small differences.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I went from a Galaxy S9+ with a Snapdragon 845 and 6GB of RAM to the Pixel 3aXL with a Snapdragon 670 and 4GB of RAM, and God's honest truth, I cannot tell a difference.
RAM would have a different impact on things but under average usage 4 GB is plenty. More RAM gives you some breathing room for loading a lot of apps but there is a point of diminish returns.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01