any chance AT&T will actually sell the Pixel 4?

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
They seem to be last hold out of US carriers. I
Assuming they continue to support wifi calling and HD voice like they did with the Pixel 3 line maybe it won't be a big difference. Just seems odd to me if they don't at this point.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Assuming they continue to support wifi calling and HD voice like they did with the Pixel 3 line maybe it won't be a big difference. Just seems odd to me if they don't at this point.
I'm sure they will eventually.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
They want you to buy their bloat filled phones. I dished them for TMobile about a year ago and can't be happier. Have both OnePlus 6T and Pixel 3 XL. Both unlocked. It's Heaven.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Why not buy a unlocked phone ?

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Like myself, he might be on a NEXT upgrade plan.

Ditch the NEXT plan and try the Google store financing if you want monthly payments. That way you can double up payments when it's convenient for you. AT&T never let me pay early.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Ditch the NEXT plan and try the Google store financing if you want monthly payments. That way you can double up payments when it's convenient for you. AT&T never let me pay early.

The nice thing about the Next program is you use a phone for one year and only pay for half of it and then send it back when you upgrade.

crackcookie

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Like myself, he might be on a NEXT upgrade plan.

F'em

They can't stop you from selling your old phone, buying a new phone, and putting your sim card into it. If you can't afford to pay for a phone in cash, or within a month, just wait until you can.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Buying the phone from Google always made me feel like I had a better warranty experience and better support than buying from a carrier.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I can't comment on AT&T but I had an excellent customer service experience when I bought my P2XL from the Verizon store. The first Pixel I got had something wrong with the side squeeze feature. I brought it back and not only did they promptly give me a new one, but they also gave me a replacement Zagg glass screen protector (and put it on for me). I've also found the staff in store to be very helpful at other times. I expect I'll be buying my P4 from Verizon as well. I'll just wait a while for a good deal.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
F'em

They can't stop you from selling your old phone, buying a new phone, and putting your sim card into it. If you can't afford to pay for a phone in cash, or within a month, just wait until you can.

It's not about being able to afford a phone. As I pointed out above, it's about only paying for half of a phone while using it for a year and then simply sending it back to them. Yes, I could pay it off and sell the phone, honestly typically I have not been likely to get much more than half of the original price of the phone anyhow and it's certainly less convenient. So again, the NEXT program is a good reason to hope the Pixel finally comes to AT&T.

Combining that with Black Friday deals the way I have the last few years has been great.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
F'em

There is also the time value of money. If someone wants to provide an interest free loan for 24 months that works great for me. On my phone from Verizon I get no better deal paying cash than I do getting their interest free loan. Why hand over $1,000 right now from my savings when I can keep it and invest it for 24 months. If the phone was discounted someone where else sure, but I generally don't see great deals for months after the release.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, at&t support! Finally!

Silly question. Does anyone know if it will be unlocked? I'm on AT&T but I don't want all their nonsense on it and don't want to wait for updates. Thinking about just trying it out as a second phone. I currently have the S10+.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Silly question. Does anyone know if it will be unlocked? I'm on AT&T but I don't want all their nonsense on it and don't want to wait for updates. Thinking about just trying it out as a second phone. I currently have the S10+.

That’s a good question. No info is really available about that yet but if I had to guess Is that it’ll be locked but still receive updates from Google similar to how iPhones are.