Not sure why no one noticed this but pixel 4 Front is like looking at a Samsung S9 plus. Yes?? Looks the same to me. Pixel 4 Front looks Exactly like a Samsung S9 Plus-screenshot_20190722-215744.jpegPixel 4 Front looks Exactly like a Samsung S9 Plus-downloadfile-1.jpeg
    07-22-2019 10:02 PM
    Not sure why no one noticed this but pixel 4 Front is like looking at a Samsung S9 plus. Yes?? Looks the same to me. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190722-215744.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	305719Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downloadfile-1.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	305720
    S9 + might have a thinner forehead
    07-22-2019 10:04 PM
    S9 + might have a thinner forehead
    Even worse. So an almost 2 years old phone was able to fit loads of sensors on smaller bezels lol. Not looking good for Google hahaha.
    mustang7757 and Golurk like this.
    07-22-2019 10:06 PM
    Even worse. So an almost 2 years old phone was able to fit loads of sensors on smaller bezels lol. Not looking good for Google hahaha.
    Well in defense for the pixel they have something clever up their sleeve on why it has a little bit of a bezel on top.
    07-22-2019 10:20 PM
    Hopefully doesn't have the crappy curved screens like most Samsung have.
    07-22-2019 11:41 PM
    OMG BEZELS!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I'll buy this phone BECAUSE it has bezels, just to tick off the no-bezel crowd.
    07-23-2019 01:11 PM
    OMG BEZELS!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I'll buy this phone BECAUSE it has bezels, just to tick off the no-bezel crowd.
    Google engineers just love bezels. These son of a bezels!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-23-2019 06:21 PM
    OMG BEZELS!!!!!!!!!!

Bezels also give you the added benefit of lower chances of cracking if you drop your phone (especially on metal-cased phones).
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-23-2019 06:27 PM
    I'm all in for the new design and I think full screen to body ratios are over rated. Even MKBHD mentioned it in one of his new videos "don't remember which one" where though it's nice to have no bezels because it looks beautiful it also causes issues where your constantly touching the screen and causing screen taps accidentally. I don't mind a small chin and a slightly bigger forehead for that reason alone and getting the 2 front facing cameras and whatever else Google is providing that is unknown at this point and mjcj prefer it over a notch. Hopefully it's something amazing.
    07-23-2019 08:11 PM
    Im just hoping they dont ditch the dual speaker setup.
    chevyman29 and Golurk like this.
    07-24-2019 09:21 AM
    Me too, but based on the leaked renders they don't seem to have the bottom front facing speakers instead they have it next to the charging type C Port.
    07-24-2019 09:52 AM
    The Pixel 4 has a forehead bezel. Why is there so much discussion about that.
    07-25-2019 05:31 AM
    The Pixel 4 has a forehead bezel. Why is there so much discussion about that.
    Because OMG BEZEL AAAAAAARGH
    DMP89145 and Golurk like this.
    07-25-2019 11:29 AM
    Do not mind bezels, do not though like a lack of symmetry. I think that design would drive me crazy! Honestly if that is really it then IMO that is another ugly looking phone,

I have that sinking feeling again that I had last year, I so wanted the pixel 3XL to be my droid but in the end I just could not get past the design, looks like it will be the same again this year.
    Golurk likes this.
    07-31-2019 06:27 AM
    Do not mind bezels, do not though like a lack of symmetry. I think that design would drive me crazy! Honestly if that is really it then IMO that is another ugly looking phone,

I have that sinking feeling again that I had last year, I so wanted the pixel 3XL to be my droid but in the end I just could not get past the design, looks like it will be the same again this year.
    Over and over again, design seems to not be Google top priority. It is surprising considering the ugly sale figures for pixel 3 xl. People do care about nice, sexy looking phones. Believe it or not, most users don't even know what a processor is. All what determine their purchase decision depends on whether they physically like the phone.

If Google going to win customers from Apple and Samsung, they need to build sexy looking phones. Software alone, for the majority of cell phone users, is not going to cut it. They need to be attracted to the phone they are shelling close to $1,000 for. Google need to give them the hardware before the software, it's that simple.

For us geeks, appearances come second but that's not what the masses want, we are the minority.
    Golurk likes this.
    07-31-2019 07:07 PM
    Too bad it looks like there is only one front facing camera too. I really enjoyed using both the normal + wide angle selfie cameras.
    07-31-2019 07:31 PM
    I don't think they had as many sensors on the Samsung. For me phones are not about vanity.
    07-31-2019 07:33 PM
    Bezels also give you the added benefit of lower chances of cracking if you drop your phone (especially on metal-cased phones).
    Great point
    07-31-2019 07:34 PM
    I think it will have dual but not frontal
    HyperM3 likes this.
    07-31-2019 07:34 PM
    Over and over again, design seems to not be Google top priority. It is surprising considering the ugly sale figures for pixel 3 xl. People do care about nice, sexy looking phones. Believe it or not, most users don't even know what a processor is. All what determine their purchase decision depends on whether they physically like the phone.

If Google going to win customers from Apple and Samsung, they need to build sexy looking phones. Software alone, for the majority of cell phone users, is not going to cut it. They need to be attracted to the phone they are shelling close to $1,000 for. Google need to give them the hardware before the software, it's that simple.

For us geeks, appearances come second but that's not what the masses want, we are the minority.
    Why a sexy phone.
    Screw sexy

I'd rather have a phone that is made out of plastic.
    So if it's dropped. It don't break as easy..
    One with a removable battery.
    And a SD card.
    More memory standard.
    A hard drive that is bigger than 64 gb standard .
    A better camera.
    Bigger battery.
    C'mon Man
    chevyman29 likes this.
    08-05-2019 07:22 PM
    I don't think they had as many sensors on the Samsung. For me phones are not about vanity.
    The Pixel 4 (XL) will supposedly have 3D facial recognition and ‘air motion’ non-contact gesture controls (IDK about you guys but these motion gestures seem awful). The S9 (Plus) had 2D facial recognition and iris scanning (it can combine both as well).

Personally I’d go for the S9 Plus (design wise), because it has a slimmer forehead, a uniform/symmetrical design and I’d rather have Intelligent Scan and Iris scanning and have a less secure facial recognition instead of 3D facial recognition and crappy air gestures.
    08-06-2019 06:22 AM
    Why a sexy phone.
    Screw sexy

I'd rather have a phone that is made out of plastic.
    So if it's dropped. It don't break as easy..
    One with a removable battery.
    And a SD card.
    More memory standard.
    A hard drive that is bigger than 64 gb standard .
    A better camera.
    Bigger battery.
    C'mon Man

I’d rather have metal
    08-06-2019 06:22 AM
    The Pixel 4 (XL) will supposedly have 3D facial recognition and ‘air motion’ non-contact gesture controls (IDK about you guys but these motion gestures seem awful). The S9 (Plus) had 2D facial recognition and iris scanning (it can combine both as well).

Personally I’d go for the S9 Plus (design wise), because it has a slimmer forehead, a uniform/symmetrical design and I’d rather have Intelligent Scan and Iris scanning and have a less secure facial recognition instead of 3D facial recognition and crappy air gestures.
    How can you tell that the gestures seem awfull without ever actually seeing them in action and seeing how they work? You can't tell how they will actually work by just watching Google's new YouTube commercial. Besides Google are the masters of AI and I suspect this won't be a gimmick and actually a big deal if Google pulls this off properly. I agree other manufactures in the past had these gestures features and were super gimmicky at best. I'm going to give Google a benefit of a doubt until I see it.
    08-06-2019 06:28 AM
    I don't want gesters or facial recognition either.
    Will have to paint the camera side toward me with artist brush if I got one
    It's Hell when people making the phones gives you what you don't want.
    And what you do want they don't put on.
    Where the heck do they get the people making the phones.
    The federal government.
    08-06-2019 07:00 AM
    I don't want gesters or facial recognition either.
    Will have to paint the camera side toward me with artist brush if I got one
    It's Hell when people making the phones gives you what you don't want.
    And what you do want they don't put on.
    Where the heck do they get the people making the phones.
    The federal government.
    There are plenty of phones on the market that fit everyone's needs, from high premium glass, metal to cheaper plastic, no notch, no gestures, bezeless you name it. I think there are options for everyone because there is such a large variety of devices these days and they are all great.
    billchat likes this.
    08-06-2019 07:08 AM
37 12