10-18-2019 05:12 AM
44 12
tools
    Yes I purchased Stadia. If I can or anyone can play on their phone I see battery life as an issue.
    Also preordered Stadia. I have the 3 XL, planning on a 'wait and see' for the 4 XL.

There's not much (aside from a couple of dedicated machines like ROG 2 with 6,000mAH) out there in the way of phones that will handle any serious amount of conventional gaming, but much of that is because of the on-device processing demand. With Stadia offloading all of that to the cloud and basically reducing the on-device power demand to that of streaming video, running the Stadia app, and uploading user interactions, it should be substantially less taxing.

It will be interesting to see how quickly Stadia use drains the battery, but I would be very, very surprised if it is more than 1/2 the rate of some of the more intensive on-device games.
    08-23-2019 09:08 AM
    Most of the phones on your list are in the same ball park except for 2. Hardly cause for concern. I have both S10plus and the Pixel 3XL. I use my phones all day long and get similar battery life.
    I am having a similar experience between my S10+ and 2XL
    09-22-2019 06:06 AM
    In my experience the 3XL's battery life was okay and I lived with it for months. The P4 is supposed to have more mAh so I'm hopeful that the battery life will be better.
    09-22-2019 11:31 AM
    Makes for a better gaming screen?
    90hz won't have any effect on Stadia. Stadia won't run any better on the Pixel than any other phone out there.
    10-17-2019 05:12 AM
    90hz won't have any effect on Stadia. Stadia won't run any better on the Pixel than any other phone out there.
    Are you buying Stadia?
    10-17-2019 05:30 AM
    Are you buying Stadia?
    I'll check out the free-tier option.
    10-17-2019 06:15 AM
    I'll check out the free-tier option.
    I guess you can do that without a controller
    10-17-2019 11:44 AM
    I was trying to find out if it only works on Pixel devices and apparently when it's released that's the case. I assume other devices will added. They also indicated that Stadia controller only works wirelessly with Chromecast. Laptops and phones need a wired connection.
    10-17-2019 11:53 AM
    I was trying to find out if it only works on Pixel devices and apparently when it's released that's the case. I assume other devices will added. They also indicated that Stadia controller only works wirelessly with Chromecast. Laptops and phones need a wired connection.
    I'm only going to play Stadia on PC.

And the point still stands, the 90hz display on Pixel 4 will have no effect on Stadia.
    10-17-2019 12:29 PM
    10-17-2019 12:35 PM
    This is one reason why I'm considering skipping the P4 this year. Google is charging around the same as other flagship phones but have lesser specs.
    10-17-2019 01:00 PM
    While not a great start, as always, so many things affect this. I will wait for normal users to give us some comparisons of their normal daily use and how it compares to past phones. As always, one user's snapshot can mean anything (He has LTE on, no wifi, how was his signal all day? What's his screen brightness? 100 other things.

Still, not a great first snapshot. Even more concerning is that this is the XL too. :-/
    Lobwedgephil likes this.
    10-17-2019 01:46 PM
    I'm only going to play Stadia on PC.

And the point still stands, the 90hz display on Pixel 4 will have no effect on Stadia.
    I was not debating that.... I was wondering if it was coming to other devices
    10-17-2019 02:37 PM
    That’s horrible battery life. I can’t believe that any company would consider anything less the. 3500mAh. I also feel the note 10+ should have a bigger battery also. It’s time for function over form.
    10-17-2019 02:58 PM
    Without a doubt, the best thing to do is to speculate before anyone has production phones in their hands. And remember, when speculating, always assume the worst.
    ezdoit and dsignori like this.
    10-17-2019 09:26 PM
    That’s horrible battery life. I can’t believe that any company would consider anything less the. 3500mAh. I also feel the note 10+ should have a bigger battery also. It’s time for function over form.
    I hear very few complaints about the Note 10+ battery size.
    10-17-2019 09:39 PM
    Yes, more phones will be added, at first most phones will only have access to online friends and the store. Eventually more phones will be able to play Stadia direct. In addition the wireless control of the Stadia controller will be expanding. I'm guessing that this Founders period is to get feedback and adjust everything right. I'll try to keep you updated if you like.
    10-17-2019 10:22 PM
    I'll say it again, the battery size will be Google's new "RAM issue" this year. They did it again. A two-peat of a needless mistake.

It's sad. They have the best mobile operating system, but can't make wiser hardware decisions.
    10-17-2019 10:39 PM
    Yes, more phones will be added, at first most phones will only have access to online friends and the store. Eventually more phones will be able to play Stadia direct. In addition the wireless control of the Stadia controller will be expanding. I'm guessing that this Founders period is to get feedback and adjust everything right. I'll try to keep you updated if you like.
    I have one sitting in my cart for months... Lol.
    I had actually ordered and cancelled because I couldn't use a 100 credit towards it. Good thing I noticed that they were going to charge my card the full amount because the credit was about to expire. Kind of lame because I ended up buying something I didn't really need.
    10-18-2019 05:12 AM
44 12