Anybody deciding between a pixel 4 and note 10?

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Between the $600 trade in for my 3xl and free $200 worth of accessories from Samsung, I'm not sure I can hold out until the Pixel 4! If the Note 10 camera is copper revolt to the Pixel 3, I would pick it up right now. I'm just not sure how well Samsung's newest camera deals with movement.

I keep telling myself that the Pixel will have an amazing cameras and the new Google Assistant. Anyone in the same boat?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
You are not alone. The struggle is real. That $600 trade in is sick. I've been to Best Buy 3 times playing with the note 10+ and had came close to clicking that preorder button so many times in the last few days. I can't take this no more

The camera and Android Q rollout that's around the corner are holding my hand back.

By the way, it's $150 Samsung accessories credit not $200. Unless you signed up for that reserve thing before the phone reveal.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
You are not alone. The struggle is real. That $600 trade in is sick. I've been to Best Buy 3 times playing with the note 10+ and had came close to clicking that preorder button so many times in the last few days. I can't take this no more

The camera and Android Q rollout that's around the corner are holding my hand back.

By the way, it's $150 Samsung accessories credit not $200. Unless you signed up for that reserve thing before the phone reveal.

I would say if you want a phone that has future-proof performance, big battery, modern design, S-pen and good multitasking and an extremely capable and versatile camera, as well as a big screen, choose the Note 10 or Note 10+.

If you want a phone that will always have the latest Android software for 2-3 years, has superb image processing (especially in low light) and great selfies, 3D facial recognition and motion gestures then choose the Pixel 4 (XL).

Note 10(+) cons compared to the Pixel 4(XL): Low light photography is great but not quite as good, software updates are often a month or so behind, no ultra-wide selfie, lack of Pixel exclusives like Original Resolution Google Photos storage and call screen etc

Pixel 4(XL) cons compared to the Note 10(+): Less powerful (less RAM and default storage), no S Pen and inferior multitasking, smaller battery, ageing asymmetrical design (bezels), lack of extra Samsung features like Secure Folder, if rear camera is dual-lens then camera setup is less versatile.

Note: these are based on the leaked specs for the Pixel 4..take my advice with a pinch of salt because the leaks might not be totally accurate.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I've been tempted by the Note's before. Bought a Note 8 last year because of the beautiful display. But as nice as they are, the Notes are just too damn big for me to use. My workplace is an active one and I need phones that are easy to use one handed. The Note's are just way too cumbersome. The minimal bezels make it even worse.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I was a Note 7 user who jumped ship to the Pixel when that all went down. I still use the OG Pixel and it works great but the camera isn't cutting it anymore. I just can't decide. This stinks lol

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
after being a stock only guy for years and years I started falling for Samsung. I stayed away after the s3 because I couldn't stand TouchWiz and stock Android was the be all simple and fast. It's just not like that anymore starting with Samsung experience the UI started to get better and oneui took another step in delivering a better experience. it's not perfect but has come a long way and it's more than good now.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
After years of hoping I realized that pixel phones aren't for me. Google vision is passable hardware with software making it up. The specs are always low end for a flagship. They never seem to have a phone that has a ton of RAM or a huge battery or super fast charging.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I was a Note 7 user who jumped ship to the Pixel when that all went down. I still use the OG Pixel and it works great but the camera isn't cutting it anymore. I just can't decide. This stinks lol

You might want to check this out...if you’re eligible it could help to fund your next phone:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/14/...y-mic-issues-lawsuit-payout-hairline-fracture

I would go for the Note 10, simply because I prefer OneUI and hardware wise the Note 10 will probably eclipse the Pixel 4 (XL). The loss of expandable storage and the jack isn’t great, but because I have an S7 Edge moving data to another Samsung phone is easy. 256GB of storage/8GB RAM, Infinity display, ultrasonic fingerprint sensor + a tonne of extra cool features...yes please!

Plus the Pixel 4 phones will have big foreheads. I don’t mind slim symmetrical bezels but in this case the Note 10 simply has the better design. Price-wise I expect the Pixel 4 phones to be around the same as the Note 10 devices.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
On the Note 9 now, and I've been considering switching over to the Pixel the last few years. For me, availability from AT&T would help, as I'm on the NEXT plan. The biggest thing to persuade me though would be doing a better job with indoor photos of moving subjects--mainly my young kids (which I've seen a couple people say previous Pixels were better at).

A bit concerned about battery size and limited storage though (and thinking I might want the new Galaxy Active 2 watches might also point me back toward the Note).

Last edited:

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
On the Note 9 now, and I've been considering switching over to the Pixel the last few years. For me, availability from AT&T would help, as I'm on the NEXT plan. The biggest thing to persuade me though would be doing a better job with indoor photos of moving subjects--mainly my young kids (which I've seen a couple people say previous Pixels were better at).

A bit concerned about battery size and limited storage though (and thinking I might want the new Galaxy Active 2 watches might also point me back toward the Note).
Yep, Note 9 is horrible with pictures while kids moving. I had it and now had pixel 3 xl since Jan. A huge improvement, a blurry picture is the exception not the norm on pixel 3 and hardly happen. It is like magic.

I am jumping back in the note 10+ though. Will use for couple of months and see if improvements are there, if none, I will probably be back on the Pixel 4 XL and for good this time.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Yep, Note 9 is horrible with pictures while kids moving. I had it and now had pixel 3 xl since Jan. A huge improvement, a blurry picture is the exception not the norm on pixel 3 and hardly happen. It is like magic.

I am jumping back in the note 10+ though. Will use for couple of months and see if improvements are there, if none, I will probably be back on the Pixel 4 XL and for good this time.
I just wish more comparison reviews checked this kind of thing so I could better know before deciding my next phone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Between the $600 trade in for my 3xl and free $200 worth of accessories from Samsung, I'm not sure I can hold out until the Pixel 4! If the Note 10 camera is copper revolt to the Pixel 3, I would pick it up right now. I'm just not sure how well Samsung's newest camera deals with movement.

I keep telling myself that the Pixel will have an amazing cameras and the new Google Assistant. Anyone in the same boat?
It's an even better deal for someone with a Pixel 3 who get the same 600.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12