Anybody deciding between a pixel 4 and note 10?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I just wish more comparison reviews checked this kind of thing so I could better know before deciding my next phone.
Reach back out to me in couple months. If I am back on the pixel 4 xl, it's because I could not live without that exceptional camera.

deppi0

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Went from Pixel to Essential then S10 and pre-ordered the note 10... But then I started to think more about quality of camera, software updates, stock android and decided to wait until the 4 comes out.
I love the s10 but there are far too many quirks in the software related to Bluetooth, Samsung apps on top of Google apps, Google assistant not as effective on it, etc.
Don't get me wrong, I have been very pleasently surprised by the S10 but I still miss the full Google experience that only a Pixel (or essential) gives....

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Trading my pixel 3 xl for Note 10+. Will use it for few months to see if Samsung will win me over for good. If not, I'll be back on Pixel 4 xl. If anything brings me back to pixel, it will be the camera and nothing else.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
My wife is 5'1" tall.

Bought her a Note 9 last year.
She hold it in her hand.
Got used to the weight.
Loves the Stylus.
Loves the 4000 Ah battery.

Puts it in her pocket.
Has incorporated it in everything she does at Home, Work and with me being a Cancer patient.
Used the calendar.
Got reminders and alarms set.

Used the heck out of the camera.

No way could you take it away from her.

She is happy with everything it does.
She took it to Verizon and had them to completely disable Bixby.
She hates Bixby.

She pick's up my Pixel 3 XL when it rings
But has no desire to sway phones.
Never complains about how big it is or how heavy it is.
Cause she can see the Big screen very good.
And the battery is killer great.

terrapin01

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to resist the urge to trade in my Pixel 3 but I sure did mull it over. This is the best at launch-discount I can ever remember on a smartphone. Even on swappa, the 12/256 configuration on the Note 10+ is commonly selling for $900. These specs were pretty much unimaginable just a couple of years ago.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm going to resist the urge to trade in my Pixel 3 but I sure did mull it over. This is the best at launch-discount I can ever remember on a smartphone. Even on swappa, the 12/256 configuration on the Note 10+ is commonly selling for $900. These specs were pretty much unimaginable just a couple of years ago.
Yeah , I jumped on it because I knew I wouldn't get that deal from Google trade in or selling it ..

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
It is why I HAD to do it. We will be lucky if Google gives us $300 for pixel 3 trade in. $600 is really insane.

Caused me to go for the 10+ also, my 1st Note. Having had several Pixels, and now the Note 10+ for 1 whole day, I think each phone has it's pluses and minuses.
Today's plan is to keep the Note 10+ and turn my P3 in on a P4, just to keep up with 'Stang.

'Stang - don't even think of posting "I'm not getting a P4" - :D

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Caused me to go for the 10+ also, my 1st Note. Having had several Pixels, and now the Note 10+ for 1 whole day, I think each phone has it's pluses and minuses.
Today's plan is to keep the Note 10+ and turn my P3 in on a P4, just to keep up with 'Stang.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
1st few hours with Note 10+ and I can tell you right away, comparing regular pictures, pixel 3 xl is superior. I wished Note 10 has the camera quality of pixel 3 xl. It would be the most perfect phone ever.

Too early to tell, but it the camera kept frustrating me (many of my kids running around), I might end up selling it and getting back on Pixel 4 for GOOD. will see, everything else though is top notch and above anything else out there.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
1st few hours with Note 10+ and I can tell you right away, comparing regular pictures, pixel 3 xl is superior. I wished Note 10 has the camera quality of pixel 3 xl. It would be the most perfect phone ever.

Too early to tell, but it the camera kept frustrating me (many of my kids running around), I might end up selling it and getting back on Pixel 4 for GOOD. will see, everything else though is top notch and above anything else out there.

The combination of camera and kids is what's having me thinking of leaving Samsung for the Pixel.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, other areas of the camera are better (example ultra wide angle and video), but for kids, pixel 3 xl was unreal. Blurry pictures were the exception. Phenomenal.
The combination of camera and kids is what's having me thinking of leaving Samsung for the Pixel.
Yep, waiting and hoping. That might do the trick and keep me on Note 10+ for next year. Really like the device. Phenomenal design and so many features.
You could wait for a gcam release for the Note and that might get you close enough to where you want to be.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm stuck between Google and Samsung too - not the 10, though. My advice would be to watch review videos and see how the cameras capture movement. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

How can you turn in your P3 for a P4 if you turned in your P3B4?

Last edited:

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I've tried going to Samsung from my Pixels in the past and even had the S10 this year. What am I using now? My 3XL. I can not for the life of me get used to the Samsung UI I really enjoy the Pixel UI. The camera for me is something as well I'm not willing to give up. So this year I will wait for the Pixel 4 to come out and get it as soon as it's released.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza