Anybody deciding between a pixel 4 and note 10?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Ugh... So with a few of the lapses of the P4XL (horribly trade-in value from P3XL, loss of original quality backup, complete failure to deliver any real value functions from Soli, etc) I had been over the past couple of days getting closer and closer to going with a Note 10+, and then the complete security fail for the FPS arises.

Can't see myself going iPhone (not out of any lack of appreciation for what they offer, but due to my entrenchment in Android ecosystem and personal preference for less restrictive environment), so at the moment looks like I may sit with the P3XL for a while.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Ugh... So with a few of the lapses of the P4XL (horribly trade-in value from P3XL, loss of original quality backup, complete failure to deliver any real value functions from Soli, etc) I had been over the past couple of days getting closer and closer to going with a Note 10+, and then the complete security fail for the FPS arises.

Can't see myself going iPhone (not out of any lack of appreciation for what they offer, but due to my entrenchment in Android ecosystem and personal preference for less restrictive environment), so at the moment looks like I may sit with the P3XL for a while.

You got to take the screen protector off the phone on the note 10 +

Then go in the settings and turn touch sensitivity on under display.
Then the screen FPS will work fine.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
You got to take the screen protector off the phone on the note 10 +

Then go in the settings and turn touch sensitivity on under display.
Then the screen FPS will work fine.

Just to be sure we're 'on the same page,' that's the working solution to the issue where anyone can put a gel case on your phone and unlock it with any fingerprint? If so, glad there's the fix, but still wouldn't be keen on being disabled from using a SP.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just to be sure we're 'on the same page,' that's the working solution to the issue where anyone can put a gel case on your phone and unlock it with any fingerprint? If so, glad there's the fix, but still wouldn't be keen on being disabled from using a SP.
Where did you hear that?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Sorry
Dont have any credit card information.
Or anything you can steal on my phone.
My credit card are in my pocket.

Want them.
Come and get em.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha so? They have to get hold of my phone 1st. None issue really. If I lose my phone, it's getting wiped out anyone right away.

Except that, for the moment, anyone gaining access to your phone (theft, etc) can essentially instantly access everything on it, leading to potential disasters when they can use your Samsung Pay, online banking, passwords... A lot of damage can be done in the few minutes.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
From what I am seeing and reading the Pixel 4 can’t match the Samsung Note 10 IMO.

There's a lot that is attractive to me about the 10, but there's a lot I enjoy with the Pixels. The only things holding me back from instantly pulling the trigger on a 10+, assuming they can patch the FPS issue, are concerns over how much I would mind the difference in camera performance and Samsung's skinning of the OS.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There's a lot that is attractive to me about the 10, but there's a lot I enjoy with the Pixels. The only things holding me back from instantly pulling the trigger on a 10+, assuming they can patch the FPS issue, are concerns over how much I would mind the difference in camera performance and Samsung's skinning of the OS.
The camera differences between devices were pretty much subjective in some blind tests when the S10 came out. Having both the S10+ and Note 10+, the Note seems better but I wasn't unhappy with S10.
The Pixel 3XL did not run away with anything except maybe the Night Sight but overall it had an edge. It still boils down to the type of exposure and processing you like.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had over 25 phones.
So far I've been lucky.
Never lost one.
Never had one hacked.

When it's not in my back pocket.
I feel like I lost my keys or something

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
The camera differences between devices were pretty much subjective in some blind tests when the S10 came out. Having both the S10+ and Note 10+, the Note seems better but I wasn't unhappy with S10.
The Pixel 3XL did not run away with anything except maybe the Night Sight but overall it had an edge. It still boils down to the type of exposure and processing you like.
Yep, night sight and with indoor moving things like kids. Note 10 video is 100 times better. Everything else, the note 10 camera does better. I had pixel 3 xl and now have note 10+

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star