10-21-2019 02:13 PM
487 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I was a Correction Officer, same thing, bigger bodies. Have a good stiff drink and get ready to order the Pixel 4, you know you want to ---
    LOOOOOL I love that so much: "same thing, bigger bodies."

And I don't think I can, those Canadian prices have me shaking in my boots!
    10-07-2019 06:00 PM
    We're a week away from launch and I haven't seen the final prices of the phones.
    Did I miss a memo?
    jaybotinc likes this.
    10-07-2019 06:00 PM
    LOOOOOL I love that so much: "same thing, bigger bodies."

And I don't think I can, those Canadian prices have me shaking in my boots!
    You pay Canadian $$s for things, but earn Canadian $$s to spend. Ergo, ipso facto, it all balances out. I'm thinking a white Pixel 4, representing the snow covered portion of Canada.
    10-07-2019 06:04 PM
    Why are you laying down?
    Well I'm off the clock, how else should I be?
    10-07-2019 06:19 PM
    We're a week away from launch and I haven't seen the final prices of the phones.
    Did I miss a memo?
    Believe it or not, it's the one memo that didn't get leaked.
    ezdoit and Apple2Droid like this.
    10-07-2019 06:21 PM
    I have a feeling that I won't be preordering the P4 after the prices come out. I might be waiting a bit.
    10-07-2019 06:37 PM
    I have a feeling that I won't be preordering the P4 after the prices come out. I might be waiting a bit.
    I'm not getting a Pixel this time around. Yeah it's got a a great camera but after spending time with the Note 10+ it's camera is nothing to sneeze at and it's got everything I need at the moment. Samsung pay has been great for me since the S10+ and see no real advantage to the Pixel 4 except slightly better photos in some cases, slightly faster security updates, much faster OS updates and better customer service. Back when TouchWiz was in fashion you couldn't give me a Samsung but I'm good with One UI.
    10-07-2019 07:47 PM
    I buy one device a year and this is it. So, I am ready to pull the trigger on launch!
    ezdoit likes this.
    10-07-2019 08:03 PM
    Wow wow wow if this is true, Pixel 4 xl (64gb) model is more expensive than Note 10+. DANG and HELLLZZZZ no.

Original article.
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Oh-So-....435166.0.htmlAttachment 310499
    I just saw this for the first time. Lol. I guess we'll see if they have some trick up their sleeve. Wt... Smh
    10-07-2019 08:24 PM
    I buy one device every two years. I'll be getting the 4xl but I'm waiting for holiday sales. My 2xl still works great so I'm in no great rush.
    jaybotinc and Apple2Droid like this.
    10-07-2019 08:28 PM
    I'm not getting a Pixel this time around. Yeah it's got a a great camera but after spending time with the Note 10+ it's camera is nothing to sneeze at and it's got everything I need at the moment. Samsung pay has been great for me since the S10+ and see no real advantage to the Pixel 4 except slightly better photos in some cases, slightly faster security updates, much faster OS updates and better customer service. Back when TouchWiz was in fashion you couldn't give me a Samsung but I'm good with One UI.
    Yeah the N10's camera gets the job done and you brought up a good point with Samsung pay. Since getting the N10+, I've been using it a lot more than I used to. Also, I agree One UI IMO is good enough that I think there is pretty much no real advantage with the "Pure Google" experience.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    10-07-2019 08:32 PM
    What makes you think average people buy Pixels? Some do by chance, but the ones I've seen in the wild were only people I know and were either bought by techies or a techie made the decision for them. I don't own a Pixel at the moment but I still care about prompt security updates. That's why I avoid brands like LG and a couple of others.
    That’s a fair point about Pixels, but I was talking about os updates and beta versions (even on iPhones) in general.
    10-07-2019 08:37 PM
    That’s a fair point about Pixels, but I was talking about os updates and beta versions (even on iPhones) in general.
    That's cool.... It's great that we all have choices and competition helps keep everyone in line.
    10-07-2019 09:06 PM
    That's cool.... It's great that we all have choices and competition helps keep everyone in line.
    Competition only helps to drive improvements. I agree.
    10-07-2019 09:10 PM
    Does it really matter? When you are holding the phone in your hand all you see is the black front. I've had black Pixels in black cases, all blends together. I am aesthetically astute and cannot accept "non blending" phones.
    Re: your comment above about continuing the color to the front bezel--I think there are two reasons. If you think about your phone being a content display device, this makes sense. If you're watching a movie or video clip, you want the screen to "fade to black" at the end of a scene, and in-between the transition of one scene to the next. This creates an immersive experience as you can get lost in the content before your eyes.

Black bezels also make your screen look bigger--think about older iPhones with those huge white bezels and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I actually like that both Google and Samsung use black bezels for these reasons, and I really hate white bezels.
    mustang7757 and ezdoit like this.
    10-07-2019 10:19 PM
    Is there proof that an iPhone is slightly more secure than a Pixel? What I've seen on this is about Android in general, and nothing on the Pixel specifically.
    Android 10 finally brings the ability to restrict app permissions, i.e. you can manually grant or refuse permissions so that, for instance, Facebook can't suck up all of your data in other apps, even if you're not signed in. I have been waiting for this kind of security on Android for a long time. Not having it is why I've never used any sort of financial app on an Android phone.
    kjharrison likes this.
    10-07-2019 10:25 PM
    Re: your comment above about continuing the color to the front bezel--I think there are two reasons. If you think about your phone being a content display device, this makes sense. If you're watching a movie or video clip, you want the screen to "fade to black" at the end of a scene, and in-between the transition of one scene to the next. This creates an immersive experience as you can get lost in the content before your eyes.

Black bezels also make your screen look bigger--think about older iPhones with those huge white bezels and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I actually like that both Google and Samsung use black bezels for these reasons, and I really hate white bezels.
    I agree..
    Apple2Droid and ezdoit like this.
    10-07-2019 10:28 PM
    Yeah the N10's camera gets the job done and you brought up a good point with Samsung pay. Since getting the N10+, I've been using it a lot more than I used to. Also, I agree One UI IMO is good enough that I think there is pretty much no real advantage with the "Pure Google" experience.
    Samsung Pay is one of the reasons I was really excited to get the Note 10, but my FPS response is so bad that I haven't even set it up yet.
    10-07-2019 10:31 PM
    Samsung Pay is one of the reasons I was really excited to get the Note 10, but my FPS response is so bad that I haven't even set it up yet.
    On my Samsung Galaxy 7, I used Samsung Pay and Google Pay for a long time bc some places accept one over the other.

Google Pay just has you unlock your phone to pay

Samsung makes you open the app to pay.

And for a while that was fine. Samsung was my backup. If they didn't accept Google pay, I just opened the Samsung Pay app.

But then Samsung started forcing me to choose it as the default if I wanted to use it which made the whole thing a big pain. So I stopped using Samsung Pay all together and went w Gpay which for me offers a much more seemless experience.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    10-07-2019 11:04 PM
    Yeah, I think Samsung could have done a better job with the FPS before releasing it. Have you tried re-registering your fingerprints?
    jamezr likes this.
    10-07-2019 11:15 PM
    On my Samsung Galaxy 7, I used Samsung Pay and Google Pay for a long time bc some places accept one over the other.

Google Pay just has you unlock your phone to pay

Samsung makes you open the app to pay.

And for a while that was fine. Samsung was my backup. If they didn't accept Google pay, I just opened the Samsung Pay app.

But then Samsung started forcing me to choose it as the default if I wanted to use it which made the whole thing a big pain. So I stopped using Samsung Pay all together and went w Gpay which for me offers a much more seemless experience.
    That's interesting. I was really interested in SS Pay two years ago but then bought a Pixel 2. At that time I was worried about the security of Google Pay, which is why I was interested in SSP. Thanks for the feedback!
    jaybotinc likes this.
    10-08-2019 12:02 AM
    Yeah, I think Samsung could have done a better job with the FPS before releasing it. Have you tried re-registering your fingerprints?
    I've re-registered them 4 or 5 times in less than a month with the phone. I used to register left and right thumb and index fingers. The last time I registered 2 left thumbs and two extra index fingers (I'm a leftie). This has made a negligible improvement. --I have liquid glass as a screen protector.

The only phone I've ever used with a great FPS was a Moto Z Play. It was on screen but it worked every single time.
    10-08-2019 12:06 AM
    This creates an immersive experience as you can get lost in the content before your eyes.
    You got my attention. Any young lady who has a horse and uses immersive experience in a post is alright with me. I am now ready to order an orange Pixel 4, put it in a clear case and damn the black front, full fun time ahead.

Just have to decide on regular or XL. I'm thinking of the regular, my belt is already pretty full with 2 guns and the silver bullets.

MAYBE get a white phone with the black front, will look like me in my mask. 1 week to go.
    jamezr and Apple2Droid like this.
    10-08-2019 12:11 AM
    ^^^ TRUTH ^^^

I had the Note 10 + for a couple of weeks, it is an awesome phone. Would probably still have it but for the issues with Fi. IMO the display was the best I've seen and my old eyes and fingers like the big screen.

I'm sure Stang will let you mess around with his P4 should you fell the need.
    mustang7757 and Golurk like this.
    10-08-2019 12:19 AM
    ^^^ TRUTH ^^^

I had the Note 10 + for a couple of weeks, it is an awesome phone. Would probably still have it but for the issues with Fi. IMO the display was the best I've seen and my old eyes and fingers like the big screen.

I'm sure Stang will let you mess around with his P4 should you fell the need.
    ezdoit likes this.
    10-08-2019 12:20 AM
487 ... 1112131415 ...