Pixel 4 Pricing Leak. OMG Priccccccyyyyyy

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Not a matter of cant afford it.
It's like do you want to pay this years prices for last years phone.
Seems like a lot of other phones has more to offer.

Google just don't want to step up on the plate with what they offer.

When I purchase a Pixel phone it's for the security and the camera. The only other phone with regular updates is the OnePlus, which is my second choice. Sure, the camera on the OnePlus isn't that great, but it gets regular updates with minimal bloat and the most pure Android experience next to a Pixel.

My original Pixel XL still works like a charm and has a camera that outshines even the best phones on the market today; it's up to date and secure; has the occasional hiccup, but still works well and retains a decent battery life. The only reason I'm going to upgrade to the Pixel 4 XL is because the security updates for the Pixel XL are coming to a close.

Also keep in mind that any phone you buy today will be outdated once the next big shiny thing gets released. I purchase a phone that will give me the most pleasure for the longest amount of time. Let me tell you, my Pixel XL has given me roughly three and a half years of good times.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
When I purchase a Pixel phone it's for the security and the camera. The only other phone with regular updates is the OnePlus, which is my second choice. Sure, the camera on the OnePlus isn't that great, but it gets regular updates with minimal bloat and the most pure Android experience next to a Pixel.

My original Pixel XL still works like a charm and has a camera that outshines even the best phones on the market today; it's up to date and secure; has the occasional hiccup, but still works well and retains a decent battery life. The only reason I'm going to upgrade to the Pixel 4 XL is because the security updates for the Pixel XL are coming to a close.

Also keep in mind that any phone you buy today will be outdated once the next big shiny thing gets released. I purchase a phone that will give me the most pleasure for the longest amount of time. Let me tell you, my Pixel XL has given me roughly three and a half years of good times.
I feel like *any* phone you purchase now - even the iPhone 11 or the latest and greatest - is old almost out of the box because developers are already working on the next big thing. Sometimes I wonder why I want flagships when this is the kind of thing that happens.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I've had phones since the iphone 3.
Never had any security problems.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I am getting the sense a lot of people are not all that hyped over the Pixel 4. Battery, price*, and storage seem to be the 3 "not so happy with" items.

* final prices not a out yet, so this may change.

My complaint is the fronts of the phones are all black. Why don't they carry the back color around to the front.

I have/had all editions of the Pixel phone, and I'm thinking of having my Pixel 3 pained OH SO Orange, front and back, and saving a few dollars.

Capture.JPG

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
OH MY GOODNESS that's so expensive!!!!

Wait. What?
Pixel 4 XL 64GB: CAD$1199.95

That's US$900. Which is the same price as the base P3XL. You didn't expect it to be less than last year's model, right?
That seems pretty competitive to me vs. the 11 pro max at US$1,100.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am getting the sense a lot of people are not all that hyped over the Pixel 4. Battery, price*, and storage seem to be the 3 "not so happy with" items.

* final prices not a out yet, so this may change.

My complaint is the fronts of the phones are all black. Why don't they carry the back color around to the front.

I have/had all editions of the Pixel phone, and I'm thinking of having my Pixel 3 pained OH SO Orange, front and back, and saving a few dollars.

View attachment 311161
Looks good the white or orange

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Looks good the white or orange

Does it really matter? When you are holding the phone in your hand all you see is the black front. I've had black Pixels in black cases, all blends together. I am aesthetically astute and cannot accept "non blending" phones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does it really matter? When you are holding the phone in your hand all you see is the black front. I've had black Pixels in black cases, all blends together. I am aesthetically astute and cannot accept "non blending" phones.
For me , I take them out of the case for little bit to enjoy it bare when home, but many others probably not .

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wait. What?
Pixel 4 XL 64GB: CAD$1199.95

That's US$900. Which is the same price as the base P3XL. You didn't expect it to be less than last year's model, right?
That seems pretty competitive to me vs. the 11 pro max at US$1,100.

She lives in Canada ;).