Pixel 4 Pricing Leak. OMG Priccccccyyyyyy

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Wait. What?
Pixel 4 XL 64GB: CAD$1199.95

That's US$900. Which is the same price as the base P3XL. You didn't expect it to be less than last year's model, right?
That seems pretty competitive to me vs. the 11 pro max at US$1,100.

Yes, it's expensive. not enough memory and a tiny battery. These should be 100 less, at least, for such pitiful specs. I can't figure out what google is doing, or who thinks the Pixels are priced correctly.

They are over priced every year,

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Pixel 3 order Black 64 GB - Unlocked.
Pixel 2 order Black 64 GB - Unlocked
Pixel 2 ordered 11/22/17 - exact same pricing

Pixel 4 - ???

Capture.JPG

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Does it really matter? When you are holding the phone in your hand all you see is the black front. I've had black Pixels in black cases, all blends together. I am aesthetically astute and cannot accept "non blending" phones.

I use the thinnest, clearest case I can find. I'm planning on getting it in black.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
To be honest, I don’t care or think that too many consumers care about which phone gets updates first. I’ve never understood why Samsung or Huawei received so much flak for taking a couple of months extra to update their phones. It’s not like if your phone isn’t updated it is hacked immediately or its functionality is downgraded. People need to be more patient.

If I wanted updates before anything else I’d go for an iPhone. 5 years of immediate updates and slightly better security than Android. But that’s not what most people are looking for.

Update: the Pixel 4 will probably have a 2800mAh battery and not a 2700mAh one. Whoopee.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I don’t care or think that too many consumers care about which phone gets updates first. I’ve never understood why Samsung or Huawei received so much flak for taking a couple of months extra to update their phones. It’s not like if your phone isn’t updated it is hacked immediately or its functionality is downgraded. People need to be more patient.

If I wanted updates before anything else I’d go for an iPhone. 5 years of immediate updates and slightly better security than Android. But that’s not what most people are looking for.

Update: the Pixel 4 will probably have a 2800mAh battery and not a 2700mAh one. Whoopee.

Is there proof that an iPhone is slightly more secure than a Pixel? What I've seen on this is about Android in general, and nothing on the Pixel specifically.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I don’t care or think that too many consumers care about which phone gets updates first. I’ve never understood why Samsung or Huawei received so much flak for taking a couple of months extra to update their phones. It’s not like if your phone isn’t updated it is hacked immediately or its functionality is downgraded. People need to be more patient...

Exactly. I couldn’t agree more. The immediate update thing is WAY overblown. Folks that hang in forums might, but the vast majority of phone buyers just don't care.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
We have to keep in mind that part of the fast updates fever that leads consumers towards Google is not just security updates. It's also OS updates and for some the ability to run beta versions. Some OEMs are terrible with new OS releases. Again not every one cares but there are those that do.