Yes, I was wondering how you chose the mask over the girl . . .
    After the 1st morning of seeing her without make up, the choice was easy. She looked worse than the camera hump on the Pixel 4.
    10-09-2019 12:18 AM
    After the 1st morning of seeing her without make up, the choice was easy. She looked worse than the camera hump on the Pixel 4.
    Pixel 4 Pricing Leak. OMG Priccccccyyyyyy-10ayplihq2fmu.gif
    ezdoit and Morty2264 like this.
    10-09-2019 05:05 AM
    Is there proof that an iPhone is slightly more secure than a Pixel? What I've seen on this is about Android in general, and nothing on the Pixel specifically.
    iOS is generally less on the receiving end of exploits, malware-infected apps etc. Not as much as you would think though...in the past few years Android has gotten very secure and if having a dodgy app or two on the play store (Which I will never download or even see) is the price to pay for a (imo) better OS and customisation I will gladly accept it.

However some in the tech media (BGR, Forbes...you know the drill) like to parade the iPhone as the only devices that are secure and are invulnerable to hacking which as we know, are lies.
    kjharrison likes this.
    10-09-2019 12:54 PM
    However some in the tech media (BGR, Forbes...you know the drill)
    Forbes is a financial institution. Their "tech" articles are quite often completely wrong.

BGR carries articles written by people who know their stuff ... and people who don't have a technical clue, but are interesting writers.

(In other words, both sites are useless when it comes to technical information. With the proliferation of "app making apps" that make the same app for Android and iOS, we're going to see a lot more iOS exploits coming down the pike. Apple just keeps a tighter reign on the official apps. [Google is still carrying Cheetah Mobile apps.])
    TgeekB, ezdoit, DMP89145 and 1 others like this.
    10-09-2019 04:37 PM
    Forbes is a financial institution. Their "tech" articles are quite often completely wrong.

BGR carries articles written by people who know their stuff ... and people who don't have a technical clue, but are interesting writers.

(In other words, both sites are useless when it comes to technical information. With the proliferation of "app making apps" that make the same app for Android and iOS, we're going to see a lot more iOS exploits coming down the pike. Apple just keeps a tighter reign on the official apps. [Google is still carrying Cheetah Mobile apps.])
    ARS Technica and Anandtech .. That's all that's really worth reading ...
    ezdoit and kjharrison like this.
    10-09-2019 08:58 PM

Forbes and BGR do have one thing in common nowadays - they are both major click bait sites. Just peruse the titles of their articles. They are mostly laughable.

BGR has always been that way. Forbes has taken to this within the last year or 2. I never ever link to either of these 2 sites on forums.
    Golurk and jamezr like this.
    10-10-2019 09:40 AM
    Forbes and BGR do have one thing in common nowadays - they are both major click bait sites. Just peruse the titles of their articles. They are mostly laughable.

BGR has always been that way. Forbes has taken to this within the last year or 2. I never ever link to either of these 2 sites on forums.
    I told my news feed to never show me the articles from both. They are 99.99% garbage.
    dsignori and jamezr like this.
    10-10-2019 12:13 PM
    I feel like I read a lot of tech articles but admittedly I don't trust a lot of them unless they're AC/any other tech-specific article.
    EMGSM likes this.
    10-10-2019 12:16 PM
    Android 10 finally brings the ability to restrict app permissions, i.e. you can manually grant or refuse permissions so that, for instance, Facebook can't suck up all of your data in other apps, even if you're not signed in. I have been waiting for this kind of security on Android for a long time. Not having it is why I've never used any sort of financial app on an Android phone.
    I was pleasantly surprised when I started getting security messages in the notification shade.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    10-10-2019 01:50 PM
    I told my news feed to never show me the articles from both. They are 99.99% garbage.
    I turned it off in settings.
    But as soon as I delete, google activity, and google history.
    It's back.
    I have to go back in history and turn it off again.
    Why do they put BS like this in google.
    I too hate it.
    10-10-2019 03:02 PM

Most the stuff on Forbes is just click bait...they make outrageous headlines to get people to click on the link or articles only to completely back off their claims.

I like the Verge and ARS and Anandtech for some things but generally try to get a consensus of opinions.
    10-10-2019 09:01 PM
    However some in the tech media (BGR, Forbes...you know the drill) like to parade the iPhone as the only devices that are secure and are invulnerable to hacking which as we know, are lies.
    I agree. Once I noticed that pattern, I stopped reading their articles.
    10-10-2019 09:28 PM
    I feel like I read a lot of tech articles but admittedly I don't trust a lot of them unless they're AC/any other tech-specific article.
    I think AC is a good source of tech info although I'm pretty sure there are people trolling the forums(which is not uncommon) from Apple.
    jamezr and Morty2264 like this.
    10-10-2019 09:32 PM
    I think AC is a good source of tech info although I'm pretty sure there are people trolling the forums(which is not uncommon) from Apple.
    That wouldn't surprise me! Trolls are pretty rampant across any and every forum website!
    EMGSM likes this.
    10-11-2019 07:29 AM
    Yeah if true I will gladly stick with my 3XL with no new buyers shame.
    I'm still on my 2 xl! I want to upgrade to the 4 but not at those prices
    Morty2264, EMGSM and Apple2Droid like this.
    10-11-2019 11:23 AM
    Yeah, I too was enticed... But that price, I tell yah!

With that being said, though, it's hard to put down a Pixel 2/2 XL! Mine is 18 months old - and I think it's the longest I've ever kept an Android phone.
    10-11-2019 12:55 PM
    I have the 3XL but also have the 2XL. It still works great. I would also hold off if the prices are too crazy.
    10-11-2019 12:58 PM
    That wouldn't surprise me! Trolls are pretty rampant across any and every forum website!
    I have yet to see a troll on AC (thankfully) ...although I haven’t been on every single thread, so I’m sure there is at least one out there.

When participating in iMore forums I would advise not saying anything pro-Android because otherwise you are wrongly labelled a ‘troll’ in my experience and a select few of extremely irritating and egotistical users bombard you with their opinions until you leave the thread or switch topic, in which case they say ‘admit defeat, don’t switch topic’...but if you argue back, they call you a troll.
    TgeekB and DMP89145 like this.
    10-11-2019 01:06 PM
    When participating in iMore forums I would advise not saying anything pro-Android because otherwise you are wrongly labelled a ‘troll’ in my experience and a select few of extremely irritating and egotistical users bombard you with their opinions until you leave the thread or switch topic, in which case they say ‘admit defeat, don’t switch topic’...but if you argue back, they call you a troll.
    They are an extremely nice but sensitive group. A lot of them act like they are at a party and if you bring up anything that could be considered even slightly negative (even if true) you are crashing their party. Difficult to have an intellectual discussion without hurting someone’s feelings.
    DMP89145, Golurk and Apple2Droid like this.
    10-11-2019 04:13 PM
    They are an extremely nice but sensitive group. A lot of them act like they are at a party and if you bring up anything that could be considered even slightly negative (even if true) you are crashing their party. Difficult to have an intellectual discussion without hurting someone’s feelings.
    And don't mention how great it would be if Apple made iMessage cross platform.
    TgeekB and Golurk like this.
    10-12-2019 07:31 AM
    Probably a good thing the iPhone is being returned this AM. Sounds like I'd last about 20 minutes in the iMore forum -
    TgeekB and Golurk like this.
    10-12-2019 07:46 AM
    Probably a good thing the iPhone is being returned this AM. Sounds like I'd last about 20 minutes in the iMore forum -
    Not a good experience?
    ezdoit likes this.
    10-12-2019 07:55 AM
    Not a good experience?
    With the iPhone?
    10-12-2019 09:42 AM
    With the iPhone?
    Correct
    ezdoit likes this.
    10-12-2019 09:51 AM
    Correct
    There was an issue getting the Google Fi app onto the phone and also when filling out my address for the Credit Card I couldn't put the state in since I wasn't allowed into the state field. When I was trying to d/l the Google Fi app, it said "this is the 1st time this account has been used in the store, please review account. I'd click on review and it would loop right around to the same thing.

EDIT - The staff at the Apple store were great, both at purchase and return. The return took less than 5 minutes. There were many many people there -
    10-12-2019 11:59 AM
474 ... 1314151617 ...