anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I can live with that.
In all your time here, have you ever seen a phone released where people said "that's a fair price"?
I have on occasion, but too his point that is way too high for the Pixel 4XL. I don't believe the rumours are true but if they were true I wouldn't pay that much for a Pixel and price doesn't usually stop me. It's just way too much and it doesn't have any features that stand out for me. Yeah its Google's Android and yes I'm sure its gonna be a great camera but they made at least 3 mistakes from my point of view. No true deal breakers for me but there is just better stuff out there at the moment.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I have on occasion, but too his point that is way too high for the Pixel 4XL. I don't believe the rumours are true but if they were true I wouldn't pay that much for a Pixel and price doesn't usually stop me. It's just way too much and it doesn't have any features that stand out for me. Yeah its Google's Android and yes I'm sure its gonna be a great camera but they made at least 3 mistakes from my point of view. No true deal breakers for me but there is just better stuff out there at the moment.

I agree on all points. My 3XL is doing fine and I can live with it if the P4 prices are prohibitive.

terrapin01

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I can live with that.
In all your time here, have you ever seen a phone released where people said "that's a fair price"?

I thought the $650 price for the Pixel 2 was very fair. Within 2 months of launch, there were 200-300 worth of incentives it to bring it down even further.

Now, just two years later, we're hoping the base model P4 isn't 40% more expensive. None of this is unreasonable.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I thought the $650 price for the Pixel 2 was very fair. Within 2 months of launch, there were 200-300 worth of incentives it to bring it down even further.

Now, just two years later, we're hoping the base model P4 isn't 40% more expensive. None of this is unreasonable.
It is when you compare to a top brand offering more for less money. Im not saying they have to out speck anyone but same price or a little less would be easier to swallow.
In reality I don't think any of this matters because I think we'll see different prices

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The 3XL w/128gb storage was about $1000. Hope the 4XL 128gb is around the same ball park. It Google is charging $1000+ for a 64gb then that's a problem for me.
Part of their problem may be their cost per unit is higher since they do less volume. In addition Sansung may be more competitive because they make some of the own parts and perform their own assembly.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think any phone is worth $1000 USD. If the Pixel 4 is that much, it will stay there. I am more annoyed that Verizon is not supporting the ROG II phone. That's $900 and it kicks the crap out of the Pixel 4 in features.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't think any phone is worth $1000 USD. If the Pixel 4 is that much, it will stay there. I am more annoyed that Verizon is not supporting the ROG II phone. That's $900 and it kicks the crap out of the Pixel 4 in features.
To be fair, at $900 it kicks the crap out of just about everything in features. But features aren't everything (though being a mobile game, the ROG 2 does have me drooling a bit, especially given the option in setup to skip the OS skin and go with pure Android).

Pixels have always been more of "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca