Pixel 4 Pricing Leak. OMG Priccccccyyyyyy

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
There are people who pay 1000 for a phone.
Wont put it in a case.
They like how light it is, and how it feels naked.

What kind do you call that.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I think just about every manufacturer and carrier offers 0 interest payment options now, so i highly doubt anyone here would have a hard time affording 30-$50 a month.

I skipped the Note this year (as well as the last few Samsung phones i considered) because one of my frequent use cases for my phone is too take pictures of my kids, and Sammy cameras are terrible handling movement take some downright bad pictures indoors. As I've recently found out, even the new iPhone isn't nearly as good as the pixel phones on this regard. I'll be getting a pixel 4 because between the camera and my heavy use of assistant (don't get me started with Siri,) the pixel is the best phone for me. If you use your phone for other things, the pixel won't be the best phone for you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think just about every manufacturer and carrier offers 0 interest payment options now, so i highly doubt anyone here would have a hard time affording 30-$50 a month.

I skipped the Note this year (as well as the last few Samsung phones i considered) because one of my frequent use cases for my phone is too take pictures of my kids, and Sammy cameras are terrible handling movement take some downright bad pictures indoors. As I've recently found out, even the new iPhone isn't nearly as good as the pixel phones on this regard. I'll be getting a pixel 4 because between the camera and my heavy use of assistant (don't get me started with Siri,) the pixel is the best phone for me. If you use your phone for other things, the pixel won't be the best phone for you.
I agree , payment options if cant buy full price up front. Pixel 4 going to have a great camera , they focused on better night shots , fast moving motion pictures while blurring background and more.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just because someone wants to pay more for something doesn't make them out of their mind. Maybe it's exactly what they want and it's also possible they can afford it.
I think my comment was misunderstood. It's not about affordability of the phone in total. I meant in regard to paying more for something that has lower hardware specs. If someone really wants something, the extra money doesn't really bother them because it may be disposable income or they just don't care. It's also about perceived value. Having higher hardware specs doesn't tell the whole story.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I think my comment was misunderstood. It's not about affordability of the phone in total. I meant in regard to paying more for something that has lower hardware specs. If someone really wants something, the extra money doesn't really bother them because it may be disposable income or they just don't care. It's also about perceived value. Having higher hardware specs doesn't tell the whole story.

My "afford/complain" comment probably wasn't misunderstood, but probably not necessary

The "want" factor, my favorite. I'm going to get a Pixel 4 Oh So Orange because I want it. Don't need it since I have two perfectly fine Pixel 3s, but it is how I choose to spend my money. I'm sure other people in my position would do things differently, as would I in their position.

Live and Let Live

Welcome to AC Psychology/Finance/Marketing/Nonsense 101

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Whole damn thread is weird anyways ... Why in the world is anybody trying to tell anybody else what to do with their money?? Especially a tech forum. If this was about being frugal, we wouldn't even be discussing flagship phones at all really ...

How about everybody stay in their own wallet? No need to concern yourselves with what someone else is spending and why.. They don't need your approval since it's not your money to be worried about in the first place.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Whole damn thread is weird anyways ... Why in the world is anybody trying to tell anybody else what to do with their money?? Especially a tech forum. If this was about being frugal, we wouldn't even be discussing flagship phones at all really ...

How about everybody stay in their own wallet? No need to concern yourselves with what someone else is spending and why.. They don't need your approval since it's not your money to be worried about in the first place.
You nailed it.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
You nailed it.

I don't mean to be harsh by any means and i hope no one took things that way. but I think the point you were making was more about perceived value to any one individual and what that individual is willing to spend.

For example, a Note 10+ is an amazing device, but even if they priced it at $300, I'd still be less interested in it than a Pixel 4 at $800. The same is true the other way, as well.. the Note 10 + could be $1,500 and the Pixel 4 $200 and many people would select the Note because that's what's right for them.

I mean, I get it.. It's a tech forum so we talk phones and devices as we should. But man, sometimes we really should just focus on our own pockets. People value different things.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I don't mean to be harsh by any means and i hope no one took things that way. but I think the point you were making was more about perceived value to any one individual and what that individual is willing to spend.

For example, a Note 10+ is an amazing device, but even if they priced it at $300, I'd still be less interested in it than a Pixel 4 at $800. The same is true the other way, as well.. the Note 10 + could be $1,500 and the Pixel 4 $200 and many people would select the Note because that's what's right for them.

I mean, I get it.. It's a tech forum so we talk phones and devices as we should. But man, sometimes we really should just focus on our own pockets. People value different things.

You expressed your opinion, nothing wrong with that. Some of us are more opinionated than others, some are harsher than others, some are funnier than others, and some of us are weirder than others. (me) Thank God we are not all the same.

We do talk about phones and devices, and just about anything else too. We do venture off topic at times, sometimes lots of times. We amuse, annoy, and educate each other. 99.9% of time we stay within a wide area of acceptable posts.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't take any comments personal.

One phone don't fit every person.

No phone is perfect.
The options it has is what some people wants and other people don't want.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's almost here, can't wait..
05e12059ab8ee19537efa693effacb2e.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non