Pixel 4 Pricing Leak. OMG Priccccccyyyyyy

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was a Correction Officer, same thing, bigger bodies. Have a good stiff drink and get ready to order the Pixel 4, you know you want to ---
LOOOOOL I love that so much: "same thing, bigger bodies."

And I don't think I can, those Canadian prices have me shaking in my boots!

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Pixel 4 prices

We're a week away from launch and I haven't seen the final prices of the phones.
Did I miss a memo?

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
LOOOOOL I love that so much: "same thing, bigger bodies."

And I don't think I can, those Canadian prices have me shaking in my boots!

You pay Canadian $$s for things, but earn Canadian $$s to spend. Ergo, ipso facto, it all balances out. I'm thinking a white Pixel 4, representing the snow covered portion of Canada.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Pixel 4 prices

I have a feeling that I won't be preordering the P4 after the prices come out. I might be waiting a bit.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I have a feeling that I won't be preordering the P4 after the prices come out. I might be waiting a bit.
I'm not getting a Pixel this time around. Yeah it's got a a great camera but after spending time with the Note 10+ it's camera is nothing to sneeze at and it's got everything I need at the moment. Samsung pay has been great for me since the S10+ and see no real advantage to the Pixel 4 except slightly better photos in some cases, slightly faster security updates, much faster OS updates and better customer service. Back when TouchWiz was in fashion you couldn't give me a Samsung but I'm good with One UI.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I buy one device every two years. I'll be getting the 4xl but I'm waiting for holiday sales. My 2xl still works great so I'm in no great rush.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I'm not getting a Pixel this time around. Yeah it's got a a great camera but after spending time with the Note 10+ it's camera is nothing to sneeze at and it's got everything I need at the moment. Samsung pay has been great for me since the S10+ and see no real advantage to the Pixel 4 except slightly better photos in some cases, slightly faster security updates, much faster OS updates and better customer service. Back when TouchWiz was in fashion you couldn't give me a Samsung but I'm good with One UI.

Yeah the N10's camera gets the job done and you brought up a good point with Samsung pay. Since getting the N10+, I've been using it a lot more than I used to. Also, I agree One UI IMO is good enough that I think there is pretty much no real advantage with the "Pure Google" experience.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
What makes you think average people buy Pixels? Some do by chance, but the ones I've seen in the wild were only people I know and were either bought by techies or a techie made the decision for them. I don't own a Pixel at the moment but I still care about prompt security updates. That's why I avoid brands like LG and a couple of others.

That’s a fair point about Pixels, but I was talking about os updates and beta versions (even on iPhones) in general.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Does it really matter? When you are holding the phone in your hand all you see is the black front. I've had black Pixels in black cases, all blends together. I am aesthetically astute and cannot accept "non blending" phones.
Re: your comment above about continuing the color to the front bezel--I think there are two reasons. If you think about your phone being a content display device, this makes sense. If you're watching a movie or video clip, you want the screen to "fade to black" at the end of a scene, and in-between the transition of one scene to the next. This creates an immersive experience as you can get lost in the content before your eyes.

Black bezels also make your screen look bigger--think about older iPhones with those huge white bezels and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I actually like that both Google and Samsung use black bezels for these reasons, and I really hate white bezels.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Is there proof that an iPhone is slightly more secure than a Pixel? What I've seen on this is about Android in general, and nothing on the Pixel specifically.
Android 10 finally brings the ability to restrict app permissions, i.e. you can manually grant or refuse permissions so that, for instance, Facebook can't suck up all of your data in other apps, even if you're not signed in. I have been waiting for this kind of security on Android for a long time. Not having it is why I've never used any sort of financial app on an Android phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: your comment above about continuing the color to the front bezel--I think there are two reasons. If you think about your phone being a content display device, this makes sense. If you're watching a movie or video clip, you want the screen to "fade to black" at the end of a scene, and in-between the transition of one scene to the next. This creates an immersive experience as you can get lost in the content before your eyes.

Black bezels also make your screen look bigger--think about older iPhones with those huge white bezels and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I actually like that both Google and Samsung use black bezels for these reasons, and I really hate white bezels.
I agree..

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

Yeah the N10's camera gets the job done and you brought up a good point with Samsung pay. Since getting the N10+, I've been using it a lot more than I used to. Also, I agree One UI IMO is good enough that I think there is pretty much no real advantage with the "Pure Google" experience.
Samsung Pay is one of the reasons I was really excited to get the Note 10, but my FPS response is so bad that I haven't even set it up yet.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site

Samsung Pay is one of the reasons I was really excited to get the Note 10, but my FPS response is so bad that I haven't even set it up yet.
On my Samsung Galaxy 7, I used Samsung Pay and Google Pay for a long time bc some places accept one over the other.

Google Pay just has you unlock your phone to pay

Samsung makes you open the app to pay.

And for a while that was fine. Samsung was my backup. If they didn't accept Google pay, I just opened the Samsung Pay app.

But then Samsung started forcing me to choose it as the default if I wanted to use it which made the whole thing a big pain. So I stopped using Samsung Pay all together and went w Gpay which for me offers a much more seemless experience.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, I think Samsung could have done a better job with the FPS before releasing it. Have you tried re-registering your fingerprints?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non