Pixel 4 Pricing Leak. OMG Priccccccyyyyyy

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pixel 4 prices

On my Samsung Galaxy 7, I used Samsung Pay and Google Pay for a long time bc some places accept one over the other.

Google Pay just has you unlock your phone to pay

Samsung makes you open the app to pay.

And for a while that was fine. Samsung was my backup. If they didn't accept Google pay, I just opened the Samsung Pay app.

But then Samsung started forcing me to choose it as the default if I wanted to use it which made the whole thing a big pain. So I stopped using Samsung Pay all together and went w Gpay which for me offers a much more seemless experience.
That's interesting. I was really interested in SS Pay two years ago but then bought a Pixel 2. At that time I was worried about the security of Google Pay, which is why I was interested in SSP. Thanks for the feedback!

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I think Samsung could have done a better job with the FPS before releasing it. Have you tried re-registering your fingerprints?
I've re-registered them 4 or 5 times in less than a month with the phone. I used to register left and right thumb and index fingers. The last time I registered 2 left thumbs and two extra index fingers (I'm a leftie). This has made a negligible improvement. --I have liquid glass as a screen protector.

The only phone I've ever used with a great FPS was a Moto Z Play. It was on screen but it worked every single time.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
This creates an immersive experience as you can get lost in the content before your eyes.

You got my attention. Any young lady who has a horse and uses immersive experience in a post is alright with me. I am now ready to order an orange Pixel 4, put it in a clear case and damn the black front, full fun time ahead.

Just have to decide on regular or XL. I'm thinking of the regular, my belt is already pretty full with 2 guns and the silver bullets.

MAYBE get a white phone with the black front, will look like me in my mask. 1 week to go.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site

I'm not getting a Pixel this time around. Yeah it's got a a great camera but after spending time with the Note 10+ it's camera is nothing to sneeze at and it's got everything I need at the moment. Samsung pay has been great for me since the S10+ and see no real advantage to the Pixel 4 except slightly better photos in some cases, slightly faster security updates, much faster OS updates and better customer service. Back when TouchWiz was in fashion you couldn't give me a Samsung but I'm good with One UI.

^^^ TRUTH ^^^

I had the Note 10 + for a couple of weeks, it is an awesome phone. Would probably still have it but for the issues with Fi. IMO the display was the best I've seen and my old eyes and fingers like the big screen.

I'm sure Stang will let you mess around with his P4 should you fell the need.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

^^^ TRUTH ^^^

I had the Note 10 + for a couple of weeks, it is an awesome phone. Would probably still have it but for the issues with Fi. IMO the display was the best I've seen and my old eyes and fingers like the big screen.

I'm sure Stang will let you mess around with his P4 should you fell the need.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: your comment above about continuing the color to the front bezel--I think there are two reasons. If you think about your phone being a content display device, this makes sense. If you're watching a movie or video clip, you want the screen to "fade to black" at the end of a scene, and in-between the transition of one scene to the next. This creates an immersive experience as you can get lost in the content before your eyes.

Black bezels also make your screen look bigger--think about older iPhones with those huge white bezels and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I actually like that both Google and Samsung use black bezels for these reasons, and I really hate white bezels.
Are you referring to the glass trim or the case?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I may change the name of my P3 to P4

3a is not a bad little phone, is it? Had I known about the situation with the Note 10+, I would have kept the one I had.

Another woulda, coulda, shoulda, but didn't situation. Another 3 weeks or so and we'll know the real prices of the P4 line.
What situation?

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
What situation?

You expect me to remember what I meant in a post posted 2 weeks ago? I traded a P3 in on the Note 10+, which had some issues on the Fi network. Had I known about the Fi issues, I would not have bought the Note 10+ and kept the P3 I traded in on it.

P3 traded in - Clearly White
Note 10+ bought - Aura Black
Both had whitewall tires and the 6 CD option in the radio

Any more questions, just ask.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I'm not getting a Pixel this time around. Yeah it's got a a great camera but after spending time with the Note 10+ it's camera is nothing to sneeze at and it's got everything I need at the moment. Samsung pay has been great for me since the S10+ and see no real advantage to the Pixel 4 except slightly better photos in some cases, slightly faster security updates, much faster OS updates and better customer service. Back when TouchWiz was in fashion you couldn't give me a Samsung but I'm good with One UI.

Wow I didn't realize. It seems hell hath frozen over! LOL. JK of course. Nice to see you taking a wider perspective here. I just came off the Note 9 and felt exactly as you described above. You can likely add much better battery life on your 10+ as well. Good luck with it. I love Notes. They are not your daddy's Samsungs any more :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You expect me to remember what I meant in a post posted 2 weeks ago? I traded a P3 in on the Note 10+, which had some issues on the Fi network. Had I known about the Fi issues, I would not have bought the Note 10+ and kept the P3 I traded in on it.

P3 traded in - Clearly White
Note 10+ bought - Aura Black
Both had whitewall tires and the 6 CD option in the radio

Any more questions, just ask.
Who killed the radio star?

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site

And although faster security updates sounds like a no-brainer, I always wonder if, practically speaking, it actually ends up mattering.

Like, what is the actual statistical likelihood that something undesirable will happen to non-Pixel users based on actual outcomes in the real world?

I don't know, but I cannot help but think the difference is negligible.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I've re-registered them 4 or 5 times in less than a month with the phone. I used to register left and right thumb and index fingers. The last time I registered 2 left thumbs and two extra index fingers (I'm a leftie). This has made a negligible improvement. --I have liquid glass as a screen protector.

The only phone I've ever used with a great FPS was a Moto Z Play. It was on screen but it worked every single time.

Sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been all that great in regards to the FPS. Did you have liquid glass on the Moto Z? Just wondering if that is making things worse.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

And although faster security updates sounds like a no-brainer, I always wonder if, practically speaking, it actually ends up mattering.

Like, what is the actual statistical likelihood that something undesirable will happen to non-Pixel users based on actual outcomes in the real world?

I don't know, but I cannot help but think the difference is negligible.

While I agree that we are playing an odds game I wouldn't want to be a statistic. Regardless of probability I've learned that even if it doesn't matter as much to me it may matter more to someone for their own peace of mind and protection. Then there's those devices that are used as an Enterprise solution with connections to cyber security assets.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Couldn't agree with you more. I wanted to like the Pixel 4 but am skipping it this year and getting the S10.