Pixel 4 Pricing Leak. OMG Priccccccyyyyyy

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
What about the sheriff? And the deputy??

I shot the sheriff, thus the mask. The deputy left town with Miss Ezmerelda, the 2nd grade teacher in the town's tech school. They rode west, settled in CA and started a company that was responsible for the design of the original Pixel.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I shot the sheriff, thus the mask. The deputy left town with Miss Ezmerelda, the 2nd grade teacher in the town's tech school. They rode west, settled in CA and started a company that was responsible for the design of the original Pixel.
Ah, so that's why you're such a Pixel fan!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Wrong.... Steve Jobs was responsible for the Original Pixel design

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Is there proof that an iPhone is slightly more secure than a Pixel? What I've seen on this is about Android in general, and nothing on the Pixel specifically.

iOS is generally less on the receiving end of exploits, malware-infected apps etc. Not as much as you would think though...in the past few years Android has gotten very secure and if having a dodgy app or two on the play store (Which I will never download or even see) is the price to pay for a (imo) better OS and customisation I will gladly accept it.

However some in the tech media (BGR, Forbes...you know the drill) like to parade the iPhone as the only devices that are secure and are invulnerable to hacking which as we know, are lies.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
However some in the tech media (BGR, Forbes...you know the drill)
Forbes is a financial institution. Their "tech" articles are quite often completely wrong.

BGR carries articles written by people who know their stuff ... and people who don't have a technical clue, but are interesting writers.

(In other words, both sites are useless when it comes to technical information. With the proliferation of "app making apps" that make the same app for Android and iOS, we're going to see a lot more iOS exploits coming down the pike. Apple just keeps a tighter reign on the official apps. [Google is still carrying Cheetah Mobile apps.])

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Forbes is a financial institution. Their "tech" articles are quite often completely wrong.

BGR carries articles written by people who know their stuff ... and people who don't have a technical clue, but are interesting writers.

(In other words, both sites are useless when it comes to technical information. With the proliferation of "app making apps" that make the same app for Android and iOS, we're going to see a lot more iOS exploits coming down the pike. Apple just keeps a tighter reign on the official apps. [Google is still carrying Cheetah Mobile apps.])

ARS Technica and Anandtech .. That's all that's really worth reading ...

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Forbes and BGR do have one thing in common nowadays - they are both major click bait sites. Just peruse the titles of their articles. They are mostly laughable.

BGR has always been that way. Forbes has taken to this within the last year or 2. I never ever link to either of these 2 sites on forums.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Forbes and BGR do have one thing in common nowadays - they are both major click bait sites. Just peruse the titles of their articles. They are mostly laughable.

BGR has always been that way. Forbes has taken to this within the last year or 2. I never ever link to either of these 2 sites on forums.

I told my news feed to never show me the articles from both. They are 99.99% garbage.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I read a lot of tech articles but admittedly I don't trust a lot of them unless they're AC/any other tech-specific article.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Android 10 finally brings the ability to restrict app permissions, i.e. you can manually grant or refuse permissions so that, for instance, Facebook can't suck up all of your data in other apps, even if you're not signed in. I have been waiting for this kind of security on Android for a long time. Not having it is why I've never used any sort of financial app on an Android phone.
I was pleasantly surprised when I started getting security messages in the notification shade.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I told my news feed to never show me the articles from both. They are 99.99% garbage.

I turned it off in settings.
But as soon as I delete, google activity, and google history.
It's back.
I have to go back in history and turn it off again.
Why do they put BS like this in google.
I too hate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173