Pixel 4 Pricing Leak. OMG Priccccccyyyyyy

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Forbes is a financial institution. Their "tech" articles are quite often completely wrong.

BGR carries articles written by people who know their stuff ... and people who don't have a technical clue, but are interesting writers.

(In other words, both sites are useless when it comes to technical information. With the proliferation of "app making apps" that make the same app for Android and iOS, we're going to see a lot more iOS exploits coming down the pike. Apple just keeps a tighter reign on the official apps. [Google is still carrying Cheetah Mobile apps.])

Most the stuff on Forbes is just click bait...they make outrageous headlines to get people to click on the link or articles only to completely back off their claims.

I like the Verge and ARS and Anandtech for some things but generally try to get a consensus of opinions.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
However some in the tech media (BGR, Forbes...you know the drill) like to parade the iPhone as the only devices that are secure and are invulnerable to hacking which as we know, are lies.
I agree. Once I noticed that pattern, I stopped reading their articles.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I feel like I read a lot of tech articles but admittedly I don't trust a lot of them unless they're AC/any other tech-specific article.

I think AC is a good source of tech info although I'm pretty sure there are people trolling the forums(which is not uncommon) from Apple.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on my 2 xl! I want to upgrade to the 4 but not at those prices :(
Yeah, I too was enticed... But that price, I tell yah!

With that being said, though, it's hard to put down a Pixel 2/2 XL! Mine is 18 months old - and I think it's the longest I've ever kept an Android phone.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
That wouldn't surprise me! Trolls are pretty rampant across any and every forum website!

I have yet to see a troll on AC (thankfully) :) ...although I haven’t been on every single thread, so I’m sure there is at least one out there.

When participating in iMore forums I would advise not saying anything pro-Android because otherwise you are wrongly labelled a ‘troll’ in my experience and a select few of extremely irritating and egotistical users bombard you with their opinions until you leave the thread or switch topic, in which case they say ‘admit defeat, don’t switch topic’...but if you argue back, they call you a troll.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
When participating in iMore forums I would advise not saying anything pro-Android because otherwise you are wrongly labelled a ‘troll’ in my experience and a select few of extremely irritating and egotistical users bombard you with their opinions until you leave the thread or switch topic, in which case they say ‘admit defeat, don’t switch topic’...but if you argue back, they call you a troll.

They are an extremely nice but sensitive group. A lot of them act like they are at a party and if you bring up anything that could be considered even slightly negative (even if true) you are crashing their party. Difficult to have an intellectual discussion without hurting someone’s feelings.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
They are an extremely nice but sensitive group. A lot of them act like they are at a party and if you bring up anything that could be considered even slightly negative (even if true) you are crashing their party. Difficult to have an intellectual discussion without hurting someone’s feelings.

And don't mention how great it would be if Apple made iMessage cross platform.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site

Probably a good thing the iPhone is being returned this AM. Sounds like I'd last about 20 minutes in the iMore forum - ;)

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site

There was an issue getting the Google Fi app onto the phone and also when filling out my address for the Credit Card I couldn't put the state in since I wasn't allowed into the state field. When I was trying to d/l the Google Fi app, it said "this is the 1st time this account has been used in the store, please review account. I'd click on review and it would loop right around to the same thing.

EDIT - The staff at the Apple store were great, both at purchase and return. The return took less than 5 minutes. There were many many people there - :)

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
There was an issue getting the Google Fi app onto the phone and also when filling out my address for the Credit Card I couldn't put the state in since I wasn't allowed into the state field. When I was trying to d/l the Google Fi app, it said "this is the 1st time this account has been used in the store, please review account. I'd click on review and it would loop right around to the same thing.

EDIT - The staff at the Apple store were great, both at purchase and return. The return took less than 5 minutes. There were many many people there - :)

I’m having some issues filling in fields on my iPad on iOS 13. I don’t dare bring it up on iMore.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Also, I’ve tried Google Fi twice. Once when it came out and again recently. Horrendous coverage in my area and had to go back to Cricket.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Also, I’ve tried Google Fi twice. Once when it came out and again recently. Horrendous coverage in my area and had to go back to Cricket.

I've had no issue with Google Fi as far as coverage. My bill averages $25 a month, with $27 being the highest - :)

Having tried the Note 10+ and now the iPhone XR, I sorta kinda believe that the best plan is to use only phones made for Fi on Fi.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had no issue with Google Fi as far as coverage. My bill averages $25 a month, with $27 being the highest - :)

Having tried the Note 10+ and now the iPhone XR, I sorta kinda believe that the best plan is to use only phones made for Fi on Fi.

Probably true. It seems their attempt to use other phones isn’t working out too well.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a case today.. #SwitchedtoPixel

70e86d891295f2f5e7417c09a8c9b8d6.gif