Pixel 4 Pricing Leak. OMG Priccccccyyyyyy

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Is it actually free or do they pad the bill with an upgraded line fee?

Doesn't mention any particular type of line required. But it is over 24 months credited to your account of $33. Also, I didn't catch this, but its the Pixel 4, not the XL.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Since you have to trade in a phone, it isn't actually free, yes? no? Manipulative Marketing.

Technically... It just depends if one wants two phones. If giving the old to get the new doesn't bother them then it's technically free to them.

My one friend would never do that but he's way better at flipping stuff then I am.. I'm just lazy lol.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The pricing is much lower and more reasonable than many of us (me included) were led to believe by the leaks. Am glad Google got this right.

An ultra-wide angle camera and fingerprint sensor would’ve been nice but the quick gestures, 90hz display and camera look pretty awesome. The slim bezel design is pretty decent, but whether the 2800mAh battery is enough remains to be seen...

Glad to see there is some intelligence built into the display to use the 90hz only when needed. At least I thought I heard that.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Since you have to trade in a phone, it isn't actually free, yes? no? Manipulative Marketing.

Still pretty good to give a customer a $799 phone for a Pixel 2. Might even be worth buying an old Pixel 2 cheap. Not sure how much those cost used these days for the small one.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Technically... It just depends if one wants two phones. If giving the old to get the new doesn't bother them then it's technically free to them.

My one friend would never do that but he's way better at flipping stuff then I am.. I'm just lazy lol.

Technically, you have to give them something to get something. Not free IMO.

But, what do I know. I've gone without a wife for 40 years....:D

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't mention any particular type of line required. But it is over 24 months credited to your account of $33. Also, I didn't catch this, but its the Pixel 4, not the XL.
I meant where they double the line access fee like Verizon did to my wife once. She thought she was getting the the iPhone 7 at a reduced price but her line fees were higher than mine. That was few years ago.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Still pretty good to give a customer a $799 phone for a Pixel 2. Might even be worth buying an old Pixel 2 cheap. Not sure how much those cost used these days for the small one.

True - I was just commenting on the "free" thing - I'm bored - 🥱

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Wait for a deal.... It's not like your current device is going bad.

It's been freezing and lagging of late, and the battery is losing steam... But otherwise, it's performing well! :) I'll probably be getting a new phone this week - not necessarily because I am in dire need... Moreso because it has been 18 months and I have a sickness/phone addiction. 🤣

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's been freezing and lagging of late, and the battery is losing steam... But otherwise, it's performing well! :) I'll probably be getting a new phone this week - not necessarily because I am in dire need... Moreso because it has been 18 months and I have a sickness/phone addiction.
I am surprised at the lag but it does happen. Like previously suggested a reset should help but if you are ready for an upgrade it might not be worth the effort.