Pixel 4 Pricing Leak. OMG Priccccccyyyyyy

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Could be because the battery getting older
Lag? I've never seen that as a symptom of an old battery except what Apple did with an update on the 6 awhile back. Having said that my not seeing it doesn't mean it can't happen, just doesn't make logical sense to me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Lag? I've never seen that as a symptom of an old battery except what Apple did with an update on the 6 awhile back. Having said that my not seeing it doesn't mean it can't happen, just doesn't make logical sense to me.
Sometimes when battery on the way out , it can cause symptoms like that as early sign of needed replacement but most don't notice it because thinking a app or something causing this . We know for most part pixel phones run pretty smoothly, do to age of it I suspect that.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes when battery on the way out , it can cause symptoms like that as early sign of needed replacement but most don't notice it because thinking a app or something causing this . We know for most part pixel phones run pretty smoothly, do to age of it I suspect that.
Are you suggesting it's by design or a symptom?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised at the lag but it does happen. Like previously suggested a reset should help but if you are ready for an upgrade it might not be worth the effort.
I am too! But honestly it truly had little to no hiccups until just this month and maybe the month before. It's a fantastic phone. I will truly miss it. But I will definitely keep it as a backup. My husband is showing a bit of interest in it so perhaps I'll wipe it and give it to him. Then it can stay as "part of the family," so to speak!

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
And what's with that forehead on the Pixel 4/4XL?

The 3 had so much better symmetry between its top and bottom bezels.

Personally I don't think there's anything that truly makes the 4 a better phone than the 3.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
And what's with that forehead on the Pixel 4/4XL?

The 3 had so much better symmetry between its top and bottom bezels.

Personally I don't think there's anything that truly makes the 4 a better phone than the 3.
Be thankful it doesn't have a Jay Leno chin

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site

Well well well, look who just rode up to the corral - :D

Ended up buying a 64 GB Orange Pixel 4 thru Google Fi - got a whopping $100 credit on my Fi account. It is due here Wednesday. Not exactly an earth shattering deal for sure. May have to use coupons for the horse's oats the next few months.

The Pixel 4 does not seem to be the most welcome cell phone of the century, but the orange color makes it all better....

You still riding with a Note 10+?

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Well well well, look who just rode up to the corral - :D

Ended up buying a 64 GB Orange Pixel 4 thru Google Fi - got a whopping $100 credit on my Fi account. It is due here Wednesday. Not exactly an earth shattering deal for sure. May have to use coupons for the horse's oats the next few months.

The Pixel 4 does not seem to be the most welcome cell phone of the century, but the orange color makes it all better....

You still riding with a Note 10+?

I'm really starting to hate the Note 10 and may be returning or selling it.

I had no idea when I bought it that in order to sign in and use anything in the SammyVerse that you had to grant Samsung access to your Contacts–no matter what. There's literally no way to sign in unless you do this. I posted about this in a N10 questions thread that I started but it seems that only one other person here besides me has any issues with this. –I'm a massage therapist and my clients are in my Contacts. Even if I had no other issues with it, I cannot, for legal and ethical reasons, just hand over their information. To anybody. Without their express written consent. The MS store will still allow me to return the N10, but the $450 I got for my P2 will go on a gift card, and I"m a Mac person, so I have no idea what I'd use a $450 gift card for. I'm seriously considering buying a Pixel 3a today, or something Motorola, and being done with this.

Sorry for hijacking this thread. I'm just really angry about this. You asked. And so I just let it all out . . .

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm really starting to hate the Note 10 and may be returning or selling it.

I had no idea when I bought it that in order to sign in and use anything in the SammyVerse that you had to grant Samsung access to your Contacts–no matter what. There's literally no way to sign in unless you do this. I posted about this in a N10 questions thread that I started but it seems that only one other person here besides me has any issues with this. –I'm a massage therapist and my clients are in my Contacts. Even if I had no other issues with it, I cannot, for legal and ethical reasons, just hand over their information. To anybody. Without their express written consent. The MS store will still allow me to return the N10, but the $450 I got for my P2 will go on a gift card, and I"m a Mac person, so I have no idea what I'd use a $450 gift card for. I'm seriously considering buying a Pixel 3a today, or something Motorola, and being done with this.

Sorry for hijacking this thread. I'm just really angry about this. You asked. And so I just let it all out . . .

And I don't guess you have been in to a corporate Store and asked about this.

I could be wrong.

But I bet for Samsung to help you , like you say Hey Google call Sarah's mobile phone.
That samsung needs access to your contacts to do that.
Also if Samsung stores your contacts in Samsung Cloud.
That Samsung and Google needs access to your contacts.

And there is a option in our phone not to store your contacts in Cloud.
And if you are on another computer and want to know what your contact and email list is that it will be available.

But if you don't want the help from the carrier, There are a lot of decisions out there to make.

And not meaning to harass you.
But when you trade a phone in Especially at Best Buy.
They put the trade in on a gift card.
When you buy a new phone you use the gift card toward the new phone.

If they are taking the trade in.
You are getting a gift card from them to use it in their store.

But again. Hate to see you having such a hard time cause nobody understood that you didn't understand what they was doing.

And these stores especially on the weekend are usually swamped ,
Especially when a new phone comes out.

Carry ON.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
And I don't guess you have been in to a corporate Store and asked about this.

I could be wrong.

But I bet for Samsung to help you , like you say Hey Google call Sarah's mobile phone.
That samsung needs access to your contacts to do that.
Also if Samsung stores your contacts in Samsung Cloud.
That Samsung and Google needs access to your contacts.

And there is a option in our phone not to store your contacts in Cloud.
And if you are on another computer and want to know what your contact and email list is that it will be available.

But if you don't want the help from the carrier, There are a lot of decisions out there to make.

And not meaning to harass you.
But when you trade a phone in Especially at Best Buy.
They put the trade in on a gift card.
When you buy a new phone you use the gift card toward the new phone.

If they are taking the trade in.
You are getting a gift card from them to use it in their store.

But again. Hate to see you having such a hard time cause nobody understood that you didn't understand what they was doing.

And these stores especially on the weekend are usually swamped ,
Especially when a new phone comes out.

Carry ON.

No, there isn't a corporate store where I live. I bought the N10 at a local Microsoft Store and I have been in touch with them about this, as well as Samsung support. Samsung essentially told me that if I want to log into anything Samsung that I have to just comply and get over it, which is both arrogant and egregious.

Actually, I don't use Bixby and don't want Samsung's help in calling anyone. My Contacts are backed up to the Google cloud and I don't want or need Samsung accessing them.

Re: the gift card. They didn't issue me a gift card for the trade, they just did it directly. It isn't actually a huge issue. I just don't know what I'd ever use it for–unless I sell my Tab S4 and opt for a Surface Go as my new tablet.

I'm assuming that you aren't suggesting that I'm stupid with this statement, "Hate to see you having such a hard time cause nobody understood that you didn't understand what they was doing."? At least I'm hoping not. I've never owned a Galaxy phone before this and I've never logged into Samsung on the tablet, so I had no idea that this was an issue. I am very technically savvy, but I'm also very aware of my privacy and the fact that these days, most smart phone users willingly hand over all kinds of data. You may not understand my point here, but this is just wrong. I first discuvered this when I was trying to add Premium Care to my phone and the only way to do that is via the Members app, which will not let you log in until you first grant access to Contacts, which I"m unwilling to do. Their accessing my Contacts has nothing to do with buying an extended warranty.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
No, there isn't a corporate store where I live. I bought the N10 at a local Microsoft Store and I have been in touch with them about this, as well as Samsung support. Samsung essentially told me that if I want to log into anything Samsung that I have to just comply and get over it, which is both arrogant and egregious.

Actually, I don't use Bixby and don't want Samsung's help in calling anyone. My Contacts are backed up to the Google cloud and I don't want or need Samsung accessing them.

Re: the gift card. They didn't issue me a gift card for the trade, they just did it directly. It isn't actually a huge issue. I just don't know what I'd ever use it for–unless I sell my Tab S4 and opt for a Surface Go as my new tablet.

I'm assuming that you aren't suggesting that I'm stupid with this statement, "Hate to see you having such a hard time cause nobody understood that you didn't understand what they was doing."? At least I'm hoping not. I've never owned a Galaxy phone before this and I've never logged into Samsung on the tablet, so I had no idea that this was an issue. I am very technically savvy, but I'm also very aware of my privacy and the fact that these days, most smart phone users willingly hand over all kinds of data. You may not understand my point here, but this is just wrong. I first discuvered this when I was trying to add Premium Care to my phone and the only way to do that is via the Members app, which will not let you log in until you first grant access to Contacts, which I"m unwilling to do. Their accessing my Contacts has nothing to do with buying an extended warranty.

Im on the other end of a computer screen.
Not assuming anything.
And I don't make the phones.

Was trying to help solve your problem. Or at least understand what is going on.

Seems Samsung in the 9 update put this in their software.
There has been replies about it in the Samsung community.

If you are talking about your privacy.
All phones that I am aware of keep a location of where you are at and everywhere you go.
And keep a history of it. So if that ain't taking away your privacy .

Last thing I'm interested in is my contacts too.
Another reason I don't want facial Recognition to unlock my phone.
There are Cameras everywhere you go.

Know you have seen them.

So how does that work into your privacy ?

They can track you by your face and Keep up with your tag number.
Seems the government wants some of this stuff.
And if you are gonna use a smartphone or computer, they know who you talk to and what you say by your email address.

Don't think the government cares about your privacy.
They just act like they do.
Something else.
On the new phones, Until you setup the 911 on the phones. They don't let you do wifi calling.

Somebody else I don't want coming to where I am.
And that is 911.
911 knows where you live.

So the best thing I can say.
Is go to your carrier.
Weather its At&T , Verizon or whomever.

But remember. You have 14 days to return the phone.

No phone is perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX