10-16-2019 05:07 PM
58 123
tools
    Yeah I noticed how they try to "nickel and dime" everyone.
    I disagree a bit here. I think Apple is the worst offender at nickel and dimeing their customers. Google is a bit more generous, as a total package, I mean free photo storage? Just one way to make the Pixel a value to consumers. Samsung or Huawei don't offer anything like that, AFAIK.
    10-02-2019 12:42 AM
    I think Apple is the worst offender at nickel and dimeing their customers.
    Absolutely agree. Although Pixel could do more in in terms of battery, cameras, bezels etc. Apple is worse IMO.
    10-02-2019 12:10 PM
    Any other phone that isn't the Pixel.
    EMGSM and Golurk like this.
    10-02-2019 12:40 PM
    I feel the phone industry has already did what the pc industry has. There are plenty of solid budget options, great mid rangers, and premium phones for those who want the best. I've been using laptops for around 15 years, a good laptop isn't much cheaper now than it was then.
    If you paying the same price after 15 years you're still paying less due to inflation.
    10-02-2019 12:57 PM
    Surface Duo......
    10-02-2019 08:48 PM
    Surface Duo......
    Uh... chicken breast
    10-02-2019 09:27 PM
    Uh... chicken breast
    Not in the least interesting?
    10-02-2019 09:31 PM
    Not in the least interesting?
    I wasn't sure what you were asking to be honest so I spat something completely random out. You just quoted me saying they're competing with any phone that isn't Pixel with the name of a new phone and nothing more :P.

I am not interested in it... especially from something phone wise from Microsoft. I don't think phones when I think Microsoft.
    10-02-2019 09:33 PM
    if the battery is as small as the rumors then there not competing with anybody to much.
    I have been a defender of the pixel line in general , going backwards on battery size (if its true) really kinda killed it for me .
    Mr MnmlEngr likes this.
    10-02-2019 09:45 PM
    double post :-(
    10-02-2019 09:45 PM
    if the battery is as small as the rumors then there not competing with anybody to much.
    I have been a defender of the pixel line in general , going backwards on battery size (if its true) really kinda killed it for me .
    Battery size is important for some but for my usage it almost doesn't matter. That's mostly because of fast charging and my lifestyle. I could never get through a whole day with any phone so it's usually not a matter of do I have top off. It's just a matter of when and I don't like to go below 20 percent.

(I'm hoping nobody goes off on the proper charging percentages after that last sentence)
    10-03-2019 10:53 AM
    Battery size is important for some but for my usage it almost doesn't matter. That's mostly because of fast charging and my lifestyle. I could never get through a whole day with any phone so it's usually not a matter of do I have top off. It's just a matter of when and I don't like to go below 20 percent.

(I'm hoping nobody goes off on the proper charging percentages after that last sentence)
    According to the guy at the apple store my daughters iPhone 7 still had over 90% battery capacity after 2 years of charging it any old way . So I'm not to sure it means a whole lot how you charge it.
    10-03-2019 11:03 AM
    I wasn't sure what you were asking to be honest so I spat something completely random out. You just quoted me saying they're competing with any phone that isn't Pixel with the name of a new phone and nothing more :P.

I am not interested in it... especially from something phone wise from Microsoft. I don't think phones when I think Microsoft.
    Good point, Microsoft don't come to mind when I think of phones also.
    Golurk likes this.
    10-03-2019 11:06 AM
    Good point, Microsoft don't come to mind when I think of phones also.

That may change next year.

Every phone I've ever had I plugged into, or set onto, the charger at night and removed in the morning. I've never had a battery issue. Blissful ignorance at work.
    mustang7757 and jamezr like this.
    10-03-2019 12:34 PM
    [/U][/B]
    That may change next year.

Every phone I've ever had I plugged into, or set onto, the charger at night and removed in the morning. I've never had a battery issue. Blissful ignorance at work.
    I'm talking about Microsoft as a phone
    10-03-2019 12:37 PM
    I'm talking about Microsoft as a phone
    So am I

https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-...e-duo-android/
    10-03-2019 12:41 PM
    Hahaha...you started talking battery then lost me
    10-03-2019 12:44 PM
    Hahaha...you started talking battery then lost me
    With all due respect to you, my brother from another mother, it wasn't hard. 😁
    Since it will be running an Android OS, I suspect it will find a forum here.
    Oh wait, I have to get back on topic. I expect to get a real charge next year from the Surface Duo.
    mustang7757 and Torisen1 like this.
    10-03-2019 12:53 PM
    With all due respect to you, my brother from another mother, it wasn't hard.
    Since it will be running an Android OS, I suspect it will find a forum here.
    Oh wait, I have to get back on topic. I expect to get a real charge next year from the Surface Duo.
    Lol.. when have you ever been on topic
    Wait 3 seconds was the longest
    But yeah we see what that brings .
    ezdoit likes this.
    10-03-2019 12:55 PM
    This pretty much sums it up.
    10-03-2019 01:47 PM
    This pretty much sums it up.
    Yep. It would be illogical to say that the Pixel 4 won’t be seen as a competitor to the likes of Huawei, Samsung etc
    EMGSM likes this.
    10-03-2019 03:36 PM

It is running Android and I actually like that concept better than the Galaxy Fold. What I can't get over is that Microsoft and Google worked together on it.
    10-03-2019 09:17 PM
    It is running Android and I actually like that concept better than the Galaxy Fold. What I can't get over is that Microsoft and Google worked together on it.
    Yeah I know it is running Android -- but I would rather an Android phone from someone who has been making Android all the time.

I am just not big on the folding phone idea. Each one I have seen I have always walked away "meh" as I don't see it as anything that crazy. Maybe I am just getting old.. who knows.
    Torisen1, Laura Knotek and Golurk like this.
    10-03-2019 09:28 PM
    Yeah I know it is running Android -- but I would rather an Android phone from someone who has been making Android all the time.

I am just not big on the folding phone idea. Each one I have seen I have always walked away "meh" as I don't see it as anything that crazy. Maybe I am just getting old.. who knows.
    Likewise, I'm not interested in folding phones. The way I see it is that adds yet another thing that increases the chance of physical damage just due to the wear and tear of extra moving parts.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-03-2019 09:50 PM

To me, phones like the LG V50, Surface Duo and Galaxy Fold look like modern versions of the Nintendo DS. Although they seem like solid devices, I don’t think the extra perks of a dual screen setup will offset the extra fragility, thickness/bulk and cost.

The DS, on the other hand, will always be awesome
    10-04-2019 12:59 PM
58 123