10-16-2019 05:07 PM
58 123
tools
    I feel the phone industry has already did what the pc industry has. There are plenty of solid budget options, great mid rangers, and premium phones for those who want the best. I've been using laptops for around 15 years, a good laptop isn't much cheaper now than it was then.
    To your point, I found this video on YouTube quite interesting.
    10-04-2019 09:47 PM
    To your point, I found this video on YouTube quite interesting.
    Not sure if I agree...
    10-05-2019 05:47 AM
    I actually like that concept better than the Galaxy Fold.
    Me too. I don't mind the little bezel in the center. Just K.I.S.S.
    10-05-2019 10:11 PM
    I honestly get the feeling that Google is competing with Pixel 3 with the Pixel 4.

I saw the future yesterday. A naked crazy woman talking to herself and waving her hands in the air. Except for no clothes, that's the futre for smartphone users. For now they're restricted to playing with their phones while they walk in heavy traffic and having to touch their phones to navigate. I'm always confused by people who look at me, say hello, and when I respond snap, "I'm not talking to you."
    10-16-2019 05:58 AM
    It (the OP) is a good question and for me not just who are they trying to compete with but what exactly are they trying to achieve? On the surface it seems to be against everything that Google is about.

For a services company I find the strategy strange and it has not really changed from the P1 which is average hardware, a (mostly) great software experience but massively overpriced. No Android manufacturer is totally nailing it so I think Google has had an open goal for a couple of years now that they have opted not to exploit, maybe they do NOT want to p*ss off the other android manufacturers too much ?

Apple will be I think quite happy with how Google are approaching the Pixel.
    10-16-2019 08:30 AM
    It (the OP) is a good question and for me not just who are they trying to compete with but what exactly are they trying to achieve? On the surface it seems to be against everything that Google is about.

For a services company I find the strategy strange and it has not really changed from the P1 which is average hardware, a (mostly) great software experience but massively overpriced. No Android manufacturer is totally nailing it so I think Google has had an open goal for a couple of years now that they have opted not to exploit, maybe they do want to p*ss off the other android manufacturers too much

Apple will be I think quite happy with how Google are approaching the Pixel.
    Seems like the Pixel is not so much a product as it is a byproduct of Google. I'm OK with where they are, just not as excited as I was for them with the 2 and 3 series. That may change once I see the final reaction here in the forums.
    neil74 and anon(10092459) like this.
    10-16-2019 09:25 AM
    Google is taking a few pages from Apple's play book.

Incremental upgrades and focusing on the camera. Why play OnePlus' game, when they can charge premium without spending as much.

I'm not surprised by any of this, I saw this back when they first introduced the Pixel.
    10-16-2019 04:06 PM
    Google is taking a few pages from Apple's play book.

Incremental upgrades and focusing on the camera. Why play OnePlus' game, when they can charge premium without spending as much.

I'm not surprised by any of this, I saw this back when they first introduced the Pixel.
    Isn't this true of most brands at this point?
    10-16-2019 05:07 PM
58 123