With whom is Google competing with the Pixel 4?

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Hahaha...you started talking battery then lost me

With all due respect to you, my brother from another mother, it wasn't hard. 😁
Since it will be running an Android OS, I suspect it will find a forum here.
Oh wait, I have to get back on topic. I expect to get a real charge next year from the Surface Duo.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
With all due respect to you, my brother from another mother, it wasn't hard.
Since it will be running an Android OS, I suspect it will find a forum here.
Oh wait, I have to get back on topic. I expect to get a real charge next year from the Surface Duo.
Lol.. when have you ever been on topic
Wait 3 seconds was the longest
But yeah we see what that brings .

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't sure what you were asking to be honest so I spat something completely random out. You just quoted me saying they're competing with any phone that isn't Pixel with the name of a new phone and nothing more :p.

I am not interested in it... especially from something phone wise from Microsoft. I don't think phones when I think Microsoft.

It is running Android and I actually like that concept better than the Galaxy Fold. What I can't get over is that Microsoft and Google worked together on it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It is running Android and I actually like that concept better than the Galaxy Fold. What I can't get over is that Microsoft and Google worked together on it.

Yeah I know it is running Android -- but I would rather an Android phone from someone who has been making Android all the time.

I am just not big on the folding phone idea. Each one I have seen I have always walked away "meh" as I don't see it as anything that crazy. Maybe I am just getting old.. who knows.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know it is running Android -- but I would rather an Android phone from someone who has been making Android all the time.

I am just not big on the folding phone idea. Each one I have seen I have always walked away "meh" as I don't see it as anything that crazy. Maybe I am just getting old.. who knows.
Likewise, I'm not interested in folding phones. The way I see it is that adds yet another thing that increases the chance of physical damage just due to the wear and tear of extra moving parts.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site

To me, phones like the LG V50, Surface Duo and Galaxy Fold look like modern versions of the Nintendo DS. Although they seem like solid devices, I don’t think the extra perks of a dual screen setup will offset the extra fragility, thickness/bulk and cost.

The DS, on the other hand, will always be awesome :)

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I honestly get the feeling that Google is competing with Pixel 3 with the Pixel 4.

I saw the future yesterday. A naked crazy woman talking to herself and waving her hands in the air. Except for no clothes, that's the futre for smartphone users. For now they're restricted to playing with their phones while they walk in heavy traffic and having to touch their phones to navigate. I'm always confused by people who look at me, say hello, and when I respond snap, "I'm not talking to you."

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
It (the OP) is a good question and for me not just who are they trying to compete with but what exactly are they trying to achieve? On the surface it seems to be against everything that Google is about.

For a services company I find the strategy strange and it has not really changed from the P1 which is average hardware, a (mostly) great software experience but massively overpriced. No Android manufacturer is totally nailing it so I think Google has had an open goal for a couple of years now that they have opted not to exploit, maybe they do NOT want to p*ss off the other android manufacturers too much ?

Apple will be I think quite happy with how Google are approaching the Pixel.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It (the OP) is a good question and for me not just who are they trying to compete with but what exactly are they trying to achieve? On the surface it seems to be against everything that Google is about.

For a services company I find the strategy strange and it has not really changed from the P1 which is average hardware, a (mostly) great software experience but massively overpriced. No Android manufacturer is totally nailing it so I think Google has had an open goal for a couple of years now that they have opted not to exploit, maybe they do want to p*ss off the other android manufacturers too much

Apple will be I think quite happy with how Google are approaching the Pixel.
Seems like the Pixel is not so much a product as it is a byproduct of Google. I'm OK with where they are, just not as excited as I was for them with the 2 and 3 series. That may change once I see the final reaction here in the forums.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Google is taking a few pages from Apple's play book.

Incremental upgrades and focusing on the camera. Why play OnePlus' game, when they can charge premium without spending as much.

I'm not surprised by any of this, I saw this back when they first introduced the Pixel.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Google is taking a few pages from Apple's play book.

Incremental upgrades and focusing on the camera. Why play OnePlus' game, when they can charge premium without spending as much.

I'm not surprised by any of this, I saw this back when they first introduced the Pixel.
Isn't this true of most brands at this point?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member